FnKa Disbandment Notice

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1287364096' post='2486688']
Can't wait to see how other alliances "do something about it". :smug:
[/quote]

Your time has already been marked and the place has been set. When will be at a time of convenience to those who will be responsible.

As for FnKa...they knew what would happen when they decided on this course. I feel no pity, but wish the individual members the best. I hope in the end it was worth it and that you had fun. Ultimately, all "this" is supposed to be about having fun. Some people forget that.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1287368777' post='2486752']
Your time has already been marked and the place has been set. When will be at a time of convenience to those who will be responsible.

As for FnKa...they knew what would happen when they decided on this course. I feel no pity, but wish the individual members the best. I hope in the end it was worth it and that you had fun. Ultimately, all "this" is supposed to be about having fun. Some people forget that.
[/quote]
All talk and no action. Typical of you, ChairmanHal. Good thing I expect nothing more from you or your ilk.

Now if you were RV, I'd think differently. That RV, truly a man of action. :wub:

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287368584' post='2486747']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I'd have just let them go. The alliance is disbanded. [b]I fail to see what is to be gained from imposing terms on a now dead alliance. Not a precedent I'm overly fond of.[/b] In the past, when alliances such as the NAAC, or CDS, etc. disbanded the nations that remained were allowed to go in peace, without being pursued. The only exception was when CIS disbanded and the NPO still followed their members, which is more or less what GOONS is doing here unless they are paid off.

Don't get me wrong. I am aware that FnKa is fine with it this. I doubt they're particularly enthused to be paying GOONS money, but it is something they're willing to do in order to get peace. I can't blame them, and I'd likely do the same in their place. But this is not about FnKa so much as it is about GOONS, and how they operate. I disagree strongly with their methods, and I will make sure that they will be changed soon enough.[/color]
[/quote]

And this whole sentiment right here is a perfect example of why you're little movement and sense of outrage can never really gain meaningful legs.

Pick your battles, some things you just aren't going to be able to decry without your words looking petty and your motives being transparent; thus resulting in two steps back. This is one of those things.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287369259' post='2486759']
And this whole sentiment right here is a perfect example of why you're little movement and sense of outrage can never really gain meaningful legs.

Pick your battles, some things you just aren't going to be able to decry without your words looking petty and your motives being transparent; thus resulting in two steps back. This is one of those things.
[/quote]

There's a reason they pay you the big bucks, RV should hire you to run their coalition for them.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287369259' post='2486759']

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm petty? For opposing harsh reps, PZI, and other atrocities? Excuse me for refusing to turn a blind eye to that which I see as morally objectionable, but I never really did buy into the whole "see no evil" philosophy that is so popular around these parts. When I see a spade I'll call it spade. You can do your worst, but you're never going to hush me.

Also, pal, I'm not the man leading the revolution. I am merely it's harbinger. I was the omen that the NPO was to fall, and I foretold many of their crimes, from the betrayal of Polaris and more, well before they happened. I was called mad and delusional then, but I turned out to be right. Do not misunderestimate me, for I am a powerful enemy indeed.[/color]

[quote name='Derwood1' timestamp='1287369792' post='2486767']
Good show GOONS! FnKa props for ending this like gentlemen and I wish all the best. Shame on the likes of RV and Hal still trying to get propaganda out of something agreed upon by the 2 of them but I guess that is what you do.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I agreed to nothing. I make agreements with neither terrorists nor GOONS. Also, as I stated before, this has nothing to do with FnKa so much as it does GOONS policy towards disbanded alliances.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287369654' post='2486765']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm petty? For opposing harsh reps, PZI, and other atrocities? Excuse me for refusing to turn a blind eye to that which I see as morally objectionable, but I never really did buy into the whole "see no evil" philosophy that is so popular around these parts. When I see a spade I'll call it spade. You can do your worst, but you're never going to hush me.[/quote]

I'm sure you know exactly what I'm saying. Act like you don't in the public eye all you want, but consider it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287368584' post='2486747']
[color="#0000FF"]Personally I'd have just let them go. The alliance is disbanded. I fail to see what is to be gained from imposing terms on a now dead alliance.[/color]
[/quote]
FnKa mentioned they'd be disbanding [b]after[/b] we settled on reps. Everything you said in what I quoted and beyond is inaccurate and a poor representation of what happened.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287370259' post='2486773']
I'm sure you know exactly what I'm saying. Act like you don't in the public eye all you want, but consider it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I know exactly what you're saying. You say this has nothing to do with me. That only the petty, inflexible, and individuals incapable of considering another way of doing things would object to how GOONS handles its affairs. Well, sir, I'm a virtuous fine gentleman. I believe that a wrong to one of us is a wrong to all of us. I'm afraid I simply cannot sit back idle while things like this go on. No, I'm afraid I cannot wait for a more opportune time. That's your way of doing things, yes sir, like the snake in the grass you and your ilk are you sit and wait. Not my way of doing things, mind you. When there is a wrong going on you can count on me to show up and raise a ruckus.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287370589' post='2486778']
[color="#0000FF"] When there is a wrong going on you can count on me to show up and raise a ruckus.[/color]
[/quote]

Yet here I was thinking I was the only one doing that job :awesome:

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1287370555' post='2486775']
FnKa mentioned they'd be disbanding [b]after[/b] we settled on reps. Everything you said in what I quoted and beyond is inaccurate and a poor representation of what happened.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I could care less about such trivial details in respect to the much more pressing and larger truth, and the truth is that FnKa is disbanded and paying you reps. Truth is the terms are directly addressed to the "former" nations of FnKa, but let me not allow the truth to get in the way of your fantasies.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287370589' post='2486778']
[color="#0000FF"]I know exactly what you're saying. You say this has nothing to do with me. That only the petty, inflexible, and individuals incapable of considering another way of doing things would object to how GOONS handles its affairs. Well, sir, I'm a virtuous fine gentleman. I believe that a wrong to one of us is a wrong to all of us. I'm afraid I simply cannot sit back idle while things like this go on. No, I'm afraid I cannot wait for a more opportune time. That's your way of doing things, yes sir, like the snake in the grass you and your ilk are you sit and wait. Not my way of doing things, mind you. When there is a wrong going on you can count on me to show up and raise a ruckus.[/color]
[/quote]

Well that's cute, but unfortunately the whole "let's get one or two loud people to post a real lot in this thread and try as hard as we can to frame this normal conclusion as an atrocity!" attitude will just lead you to another WCE, as that type of methodology only attracts the mentally inept when it comes down to it. With things like this, the reasonableness of GOONS actions is so apparent that no matter what you say or how hard you try, no one of substance will actually jump on board your line of thought, and you know it.

Truth be told, I rather have opposition I can respect, but que sera sera I guess.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287370783' post='2486785']
[color="#0000FF"]I could care less about such trivial details in respect to the much more pressing and larger truth, and the truth is that FnKa is disbanded and paying you reps. Truth is the terms are directly addressed to the "former" nations of FnKa, but let me not allow the truth to get in the way of your fantasies.[/color]
[/quote]

First off.

[img]http://i55.tinypic.com/2i6nqdz.png[/img]

Secondly, what you're stating is.

1) Alliance A attacks alliance B.
2) Alliance A disbands.
3) Alliance B sits on its hands and says "welp we can't attack them or RV will not be happy".

Right?

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1287371072' post='2486788']
Well that's cute, but unfortunately the whole "let's get one or two loud people to post a real lot in this thread and try as hard as we can to frame this normal conclusion as an atrocity!" attitude will just lead you to another WCE, as that type of methodology only attracts the mentally inept when it comes down to it. With things like this, the reasonableness of GOONS actions is so apparent that no matter what you say or how hard you try, no one of substance will actually jump on board your line of thought, and you know it.

Truth be told, I rather have opposition I can respect, but que sera sera I guess.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I never said this was an atrocity. Merely a way of doing things I strongly disagree with, and for that GOONS must be reformed. Also, I'd hardly consider my followers (Hal, Peggy, Schatt, HoT, Alterego, Haflinger, and many, many more) to be mentally inept. In fact, I'd say I couldn't ask for a finer group of disciples.

Also, I am not your enemy, unless you oppose justice. In that case, I probably am your enemy.

And Haquertal, it is possible for me to care less, but I don't. Because I do care for this world, and all in it. If I did not care about what happened to you all, ask yourselves, would I be here fighting for your freedom?[/color]

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1287371161' post='2486790']
Secondly, what you're stating is.

1) Alliance A attacks alliance B.
2) Alliance A disbands.
3) Alliance B sits on its hands and says "welp we can't attack them or RV will not be happy".

Right?
[/quote]
Actually what he's saying is that even if alliance A agrees to reps and then disbands, alliance B should waive the reps.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1287371440' post='2486795']
Actually what he's saying is that even if alliance A agrees to reps and then disbands, alliance B should waive the reps.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]If the organization no longer exists why should it continue to pay? Now, if it tried to reform in one way or another after disbanding, then I suppose there would be a problem. But from where I'm standing I don't see any neo-FnKa's wandering about.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287371532' post='2486796']
[color="#0000FF"]If the organization no longer exists why should it continue to pay? Now, if it tried to reform in one way or another after disbanding, then I suppose there would be a problem. But from where I'm standing I don't see any neo-FnKa's wandering about.[/color]
[/quote]

Still. What you're stating is, it's perfectly fine to fight an alliance and then disband and the receiving alliance should be all "no biggie".

Seriously. For thinking this you should reform your nation.

Edited by Haquertal

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287371532' post='2486796']
[/quote]
Even if the alliance paying reps is totally fine with it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287370004' post='2486771']
[color="#0000FF"]I agreed to nothing. I make agreements with neither terrorists nor GOONS. Also, as I stated before, this has nothing to do with FnKa so much as it does GOONS policy towards disbanded alliances.[/color]
[/quote]

I meant that GOONS and FnKa agreed to the terms, try to keep up. Your hate for GOONS has made you blind. B-)

Well over half the posts are GOONS and its allies. You guys are really having a "conversation" with yourselves and one that has been had already in IRC. I guess keep that PR machine rolling. This war FnKa fought was too soon and they should have waited. You all keep bringing up the "do something about it" phrase. You sit well right now but in time you will get the beating you deserve. It's too bad good alliances like VE and Umbrella have tied themselves to GOONS.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1287372328' post='2486802']
Well over half the posts are GOONS and its allies. You guys are really having a "conversation" with yourselves and one that has been had already in IRC. I guess keep that PR machine rolling. This war FnKa fought was too soon and they should have waited. You all keep bringing up the "do something about it" phrase. You sit well right now but in time you will get the beating you deserve. It's too bad good alliances like VE and Umbrella have tied themselves to GOONS.
[/quote]

What are you even talking about?