FnKa Disbandment Notice

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If my brief discussion in a very public place the other day with certain people here on PB is of any indication, then FnKa joined the fight as a sort of "let's blow stuff up as a group and then just kill ourselves, we're too bored" sort of deal.

Before accusing goons of forcing an alliance to disband, why not seek the truth about why the alliance joined the fight in the first place, and what is actually going on here?

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287398392' post='2486963']
I look forward to GOONS paying out 1000 tech per nation in the first war that they lose.
[/quote]
And I look forward to you and the rest of the blind anti-GOONS crew posting outrageous claims and accusations even when the situation has been explained a dozen times already.

Oh wait it's happening now.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1287420006' post='2487060']
That said, people needing to register on an alliance's forums to fulfill a term is ridiculous? Under what justification?
[/quote]

might want to check the rules on this SW

Edited by Timeline

Good luck to those in FnKA that choose to stay here on Bob. To those departing may your dealings in the other realm bring you joy. Sad to see any AA here disband.

To those that are !@#$%*ing about GOONs causing this disbandment really just stop. Unless ive missed something over the last two days this was more than likely in the plans from the get go. (I could be wrong but i dont think so).

GOONs those terms seem relatively fair as long as those that are required to pay have the means to do so.

o/ FnKA may you rest in peace.

[quote name='goldielax25' timestamp='1287411329' post='2487014']
Wow RV. It's almost as if FnKa disbanding is of no consequence to GOONS or something...
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]GOONS may care, but that is no excuse for others. I'll admit that GOONS can seem reasonable here, but when you stop and take a look as to how this has changed policy toward disbanded alliances (up until this point, with the exception of the universally condemned NPO attack on CIS, members of disbanded alliances were given peace so long as they removed themselves from the AA), there is a problem. In the future many people will likely regret allowing this precedent to stand as it will give only a legitimacy to abuses of power which are surely in GOONS' future.[/color]

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1287413905' post='2487030']
Sad to see the disbandment of FnKa. Losing a home is never a good time.

Also, and this just bugs me... so I will get it off my chest.

I have heard some decry the use of the mercy board. Where I hail from, the act of conferring laughter on others... is of extreme wealth. It would be an honor to be allowed to show my prowess in delivering a piece of my own creation. To me, the mercy board is is one of the more novel tools to come out in some time and I could very much see myself utilizing such a term if it were offered. Not because I have a great attachment to my nations assets, but because I think conferring laughter is a win for all involved.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]There is a differences between voluntarily making a joke or providing entertainment and being forced into it. If you chose to go into comedy, I am sure you would enjoy knowing that you were successful in making people laugh. But those being required to do the Mercy Board are not doing it out of choice. They are doing it out of necessity. It is being forced onto them. Suppose you were forced to become a dancing monkey for the entertainment of others, with the alternative being the beating of a lifetime. I doubt anyone is going to choose to continue to be beaten, and I am also sure that those being entertained will be having quite the merry time, but I'm going to wager that the one dancing like an ape for them is feeling quite the fool.

So there you go. You cannot say that being a clown by choice is equatable to being forced into being a clown.

Der Ko, you're more than able to do that if you choose. We've had quite a few rogues try. We ZI them, and then let them go their way. Unlike others we do not feel the petty need to humiliate or in debt them to us.

And Buds, there ain't no one here saying that FnKa was disbanded by GOONS. It's been obvious to anyone paying attention that they were succumbing to activity problems, and that's what did them in. I've acknowledged that, and so have many others. The only people saying otherwise are GOONS and their allies in an attempt to deliberately stir the conversation at hand here as to what killed FnKa instead of how they are changing the conventions from how disbanded alliances have traditionally been dealt with.[/color]

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1287426960' post='2487100']
I won't often say this....but I don't think reps are needed here, especially since they disbanded. Poor show Goons.
[/quote]

Poor show Goons.

Yeah, just checking. It does flow quite easily off the tongue, doesn't it?
So, just checking the series of events that occurred within this thread, we've gauged that:

A.) no CB is needed to attack an alliance, as any repercussions for such an attack will be a 'poor show'.
B.) regardless of size of reps, the act of expecting reps after being involved in a defensive war and winning will be a 'poor show'.
C.) if the aggressive alliance decides to disband after agreeing to payment of reps, the payees are expected to waive reps, otherwise...you guessed it...'poor show'.
D.) outside parties should always have a say in the way other alliances conduct business. The louder the poster, the more involvement they will have in private alliance affairs.
E.) text color is an importance multiplier.

GOONS certainly didn't force anyone to disband here. As has been covered they couldn't even if they wanted to.

What could happen though is that this may get remembered a year or two from now as FnKA having to disband because of GOONS. Memories tend to get less accurate over time. I'm sure GOONS is well aware of this and I'd put dongs on them having cringed when they heard that disbandment was coming.

Edited by Roadie

[quote name='Roadie' timestamp='1287433945' post='2487134']
GOONS certainly didn't force anyone to disband here. As has been covered they couldn't even if they wanted to.

What could happen though is that this may get remembered a year or two from now as FnKA having to disband because of GOONS. Memories tend to get less accurate over time. I'm sure GOONS is well aware of this and I'd put dongs on them having cringed when they heard that disbandment was coming.
[/quote]

You underestimate the apathy of GOONS. Yeah, it's a bummer that they're disbanding, but we're used to being blamed for everything wrong with the world. If and when we get what's coming to us, I'm sure we'll only be partially guilty of the reasoning behind the outrage.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287430858' post='2487118']
[color="#0000FF"]There is a differences between voluntarily making a joke or providing entertainment and being forced into it. If you chose to go into comedy, I am sure you would enjoy knowing that you were successful in making people laugh. But those being required to do the Mercy Board are not doing it out of choice. They are doing it out of necessity. It is being forced onto them. Suppose you were forced to become a dancing monkey for the entertainment of others, with the alternative being the beating of a lifetime. I doubt anyone is going to choose to continue to be beaten, and I am also sure that those being entertained will be having quite the merry time, but I'm going to wager that the one dancing like an ape for them is feeling quite the fool.[/color]
[/quote]
I disagree... I believe the difference stems from the individual in question and his or her sense of pride. Your stance suggests that you would find it debasing to provide entertainment to an enemy. It may be a means to make new friends. More than once a friend began as an enemy. You also suggest that unless one is set out to become an entertainer by profession, it would be outlandish to provide a chuckle. I certainly hope you can find some humor in life without the need to proscribe to professional sources. As far as I know, the option of utilizing the mercy board, is just that.. an option. One may be forced to make a choice, but it's still a choice. Again, pride would be the deciding factor in whether or not one feels a fool. Personally, I cannot take life so seriously that I cannot laugh at myself sometimes. If I no longer have the ability to laugh at myself, I really feel that I should have no right to laugh at anyone else.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1287435015' post='2487144']
I disagree... I believe the difference stems from the individual in question and his or her sense of pride. Your stance suggests that you would find it debasing to provide entertainment to an enemy. It may be a means to make new friends. More than once a friend began as an enemy. You also suggest that unless one is set out to become an entertainer by profession, it would be outlandish to provide a chuckle. I certainly hope you can find some humor in life without the need to proscribe to professional sources. As far as I know, the option of utilizing the mercy board, is just that.. an option. One may be forced to make a choice, but it's still a choice. Again, pride would be the deciding factor in whether or not one feels a fool. Personally, I cannot take life so seriously that I cannot laugh at myself sometimes. If I no longer have the ability to laugh at myself, I really feel that I should have no right to laugh at anyone else.
[/quote]

Man, I wish everyone else had this kind of attitude. Kudos for being able to enjoy life, man. I wish the same for the rest of this planet.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1287362866' post='2486661']
[center][img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100207034850/cybernations/images/d/db/GOONS_Ride_To_War.jpg[/img][/center]

[i]Signed for the GOONS[/i],
* Sardonic, Pilot
* ktarthan, Co-Pilot
[b] * SirWilliam, Strategos[/b]
* Beefspari, Secretariat
* Council Members: Tristesse, Biazt, Xodi, dalstrs, Mofeta

-----

On behalf of the GOONS I'd like to pay our respects to the FnKa AA. We've had no desire to see them disband (even following their DoW), but respect their decision to nonetheless. They were honorable adversaries and we wish them the best of luck from here.

Furthermore, we encourage the alliances and AAs that remain at war with us to seek peace in an equally rational, respectable manner. You know where to find us.
[/quote]

The bolded part confirms the conspiracy I have long suspected. The channel to roll GOONS was #Stratego. SirWilliam is a Strategos within GOONS. This is not a coincidence!

Also, congratulations to all on receiving peace whom received peace.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1287436192' post='2487155']
The bolded part confirms the conspiracy I have long suspected. The channel to roll GOONS was #Stratego. SirWilliam is a Strategos within GOONS. This is not a coincidence!
[/quote]

The channel name is based upon a pseudo-popular board game, whereas the rank is based upon a real rank from an ancient civilization. Having been Strategos before, I'm all for change of that stupid rank structure, especially the pilot/co-pilot portion.

[quote name='Valtamdraugr' timestamp='1287435015' post='2487144']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You truly are disingenuous with all this false presumptions here. I never said you could only seek amusement from a professional, or amuse others if you do it by trade. It was merely an example. Individuals are free to joke if they wish. I do so all the time. Believe me when I say I am by no means a humorless man. However, being forced to act like a fool in order to end a beating is not a choice. The use of the Mercy Board is not being done for any reason other than desperation.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1287436655' post='2487161']
[color="#0000FF"]You truly are disingenuous with all this false presumptions here. I never said you could only seek amusement from a professional, or amuse others if you do it by trade. It was merely an example. Individuals are free to joke if they wish. I do so all the time. Believe me when I say I am by no means a humorless man. However, being forced to act like a fool in order to end a beating is not a choice. The use of the Mercy Board is not being done for any reason other than desperation.[/color]
[/quote]

'forced to act like a fool'? Come now, RV. I know you're more serious than necessary, but comedy does not equal foolishness. If it did, you'd be guilty of the same...as I'm sure you're quite aware.

Edited by nippy

What GOONS, its allies, and their sympathizers/apologists fail to realize is that they are quickly building up a reputation that will eventually get them rolled. There will be some here that will never equate anything to the old NPO. But many of us that weren't here for Pacifica's time in power don't know about it, don't care about it, and find that era long past. What we see GOONS doing to nations and small alliances is unacceptable. The parallels to the old NPO are there. There is an anger that is being built up. Right now, GOONS is lucky. Honestly, many of us that want to "do something about it" simply can't. Karma took time to build up for the old NPO. It will take time to build up for GOONS and the allies that support them. GOONS and its allies are sealing their fate with each atrocity GOONS commits and by being allied to GOONS, GOONS allies are condoning these atrocities. For now all GOONS has to worry about is many of us posting against them, sucks but its true. One day though The United States and many other alliances will confront you. Get your jollies now because your days are numbered, better start coming up with words to fit a third GOONS acronym.

Edited by Fernando12