FnKa Disbandment Notice

To the Drones of the Neo-Hegemony: "Quick, distort their arguments, erect your strawmen, attack all their characters! If it's [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies"]on this page[/url], it's golden!"

Honestly, no one is arguing about whether GOONS [i]could[/i] impose reps or whether the reps were too harsh. It's mostly about putting reps on individual members of a disbanded alliance and the existence of reps to begin with. At least for myself and someone like RV, it's a principle that we've held a very long time. Principles. Some of you used to have it. Funny, that.

But in the mean time, continue attacking us with strawmen and terrible arguments. Then again, what's new?

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Admin... GOONS can only HOPE to be anything close to the NPO (for good or evil). There were a lot of things laid at our feet in the past, fine argue history all you guys want. Lets try to stay in the current and looking to the future. The fact stands that GOONS did not FORCE the disbandment in regards to the terms, was this war and subsequent loss a possible nudge, more than likely. Anyone who says its not a factor is trying to delude themselves. Fact is that while this may not be the evilest thing GOONS has done or will do, this will be one more thing laid at their feet when the power structure shifts again.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1287446047' post='2487273']
The OP has you forcing the surrendering alliance to pay out 1000 tech per surrendering nation.

30 million in reps per nation, convertible to tech at a rate of 100 tech per 3 million. Do the math, that's 1000 tech per nation.
[/quote]
Right. 1000 tech. Or 30 million. Or mercy terms.

"Forcing them to pay 1000 tech per surrendering nation" is quite disingenuous, as that is far from their only recourse.

The OP has you forcing the surrendering alliance to pay out 1000 tech per surrendering nation.

30 million in reps per nation, convertible to tech at a rate of 100 tech per 3 million. Do the math, that's 1000 tech per nation.
[/quote]

Really? I read that [b]FIVE !@#$@#$ NATIONS[/b] from FnKa were paying reps to peace out ALL FnKa NATIONS. Let us count!

Despite FnKa already being disbanded, there are still TWELVE nations on that AA.
Despite FnKa already being disbanded, there are still FIVE nations on that AA.

Unless 17 = 5 in your world, I can't understand how the math isn't adding up for you. Since you're on a computer, you should use the built-in calculator function for assistance, apparently.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1287446686' post='2487280']
Dear Admin... GOONS can only HOPE to be anything close to the NPO (for good or evil). There were a lot of things laid at our feet in the past, fine argue history all you guys want. Lets try to stay in the current and looking to the future. The fact stands that GOONS did not FORCE the disbandment in regards to the terms, was this war and subsequent loss a possible nudge, more than likely. Anyone who says its not a factor is trying to delude themselves. Fact is that while this may not be the evilest thing GOONS has done or will do, this will be one more thing laid at their feet when the power structure shifts again.
[/quote]

I have no clue what you're saying, asking, or whatever it is you're attempting to convey. "While this may not be the evilest thing GOONS has done or will do"....what is this in regards to? Being attacked? Seriously, your vague attempt at mudslinging only makes you appear to be an amateur propagandist. Lurk more before jumping into the fray, sweetheart.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1287446657' post='2487278']It's mostly about putting reps on individual members of a disbanded alliance and the existence of reps to begin with.
[/quote]

Reps have are always going to be here. And so long as they are reasonable (which they are here) no one really has a reason to complain.

If NSO wishes to give white peace to their defeated opponents then more power to 'em. However, GOONS wishes to rebuild a bit from unwarranted attacks (I seriously doubt if every FnKA nation payed thirty million it would even come close to the damage inflicted).

Edited by Mr Damsky

[/quote]
The OP says they can pay 30m, 1000t, or do a mercy term. It's even far more flexible, and more than likely cheaper than the first term we gave them. FnKa will probably only have less than 10 nations do this in the end, which will end up being less than the 300m we originally asked for, with the added bonus of having extra options that people can take if they can't afford the 30m. FnKa negotiated with us, and was happy with the resolution, and thought we were more than fair.

The reason I put this all on the table like this is [b]it doesn't concern you[/b]. Neither GOONS nor FnKa are complaining, so why are you? It has nothing to do with you, the things you're saying are huge stretches at best, and the "victims" aren't upset with the outcome. So why are you still complaining? The answer is, because you're a rabid anti-GOONS screamer who will take any opportunity to make things up and repeatedly ignore the facts to take a shot at GOONS. Keep it up Haf; there's a reason you're in front of the gayroller.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287448627' post='2487298']
I have no clue what you're saying, asking, or whatever it is you're attempting to convey. "While this may not be the evilest thing GOONS has done or will do"....what is this in regards to? Being attacked? Seriously, your vague attempt at mudslinging only makes you appear to be an amateur propagandist. Lurk more before jumping into the fray, sweetheart.
[/quote]
Actually, sweetcheeks, I was agreeing with GOONS on this. You didn't force the disbandment as per terms and you won your war. What I [b]am[/b] saying is that compared to your other actions this wont rank as the "evilest". The amount of reps and taking them from a disbanded alliance which has been discussed ad nauseam, but take it from someone who still fields questions about past alliance actions, when the power shifts in politics again this will be laid at your feet as a "forced" disbandment of an alliance.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1287451251' post='2487316']
Actually, sweetcheeks, I was agreeing with GOONS on this. You didn't force the disbandment as per terms and you won your war. What I [b]am[/b] saying is that compared to your other actions this wont rank as the "evilest". The amount of reps and taking them from a disbanded alliance which has been discussed ad nauseam, but take it from someone who still fields questions about past alliance actions, when the power shifts in politics again this will be laid at your feet as a "forced" disbandment of an alliance.
[/quote]

Okay, sugarnips, I was mistaken in assuming the worst. Please consider our permanent position on the defensive when posting, as verbiage that can be taken both ways (such as "this will be one more thing laid at their feet when the power structure shifts again.") tends to fray nerves around here. You're making an assumption, rather than a promise...am I understanding that correctly?

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287451693' post='2487322']
Okay, sugarnips, I was mistaken in assuming the worst. Please consider our permanent position on the defensive when posting, as verbiage that can be taken both ways (such as "this will be one more thing laid at their feet when the power structure shifts again.") tends to fray nerves around here. You're making an assumption, rather than a promise...am I understanding that correctly?
[/quote]
Babydoll, I am giving you a fair heads up based on personal experience when it comes to being the boogeyman of Planet Bob. Knowing the esteemed people of this world it [b]is[/b] a promise that this will be laid at your feet. Hell, it already is. Notice though its not by me personally ;)

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1287452105' post='2487326']
Babydoll, I am giving you a fair heads up based on personal experience when it comes to being the boogeyman of Planet Bob. Knowing the esteemed people of this world it [b]is[/b] a promise that this will be laid at your feet. Hell, it already is. Notice though its not by me personally ;)
[/quote]

Alright, Splendaknees, I get it. Yet more empty threats that you're hoping someone else can fulfill. God, if only someone could post something of substance around here instead of taking this same damn stance.

[quote name='Choson' timestamp='1287363949' post='2486685']
Need to up that literacy rate in Planet Soy, Mr Damsky.
[/quote]
It's funny and true and very appropriate! :D
Had a nice war guys, enjoy rebuilding that up, I know I will.

Also, Planet Soy, 1 man alliance, potential raid? ;)

Edited by Alex the Great

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1287448869' post='2487301']
Reps have are always going to be here. And so long as they are reasonable (which they are here) no one really has a reason to complain.

[b]If NSO wishes to give white peace to their defeated opponents then more power to 'em.[/b] However, GOONS wishes to rebuild a bit from unwarranted attacks (I seriously doubt if every FnKA nation payed thirty million it would even come close to the damage inflicted).
[/quote]

We will continue to do what we always have done. And needless to say, we'll disagree on principle regardless of how 'just', 'merciful', 'enormous', 'reasonable' or otherwise ridiculous reps actually turn out to be.

[quote name='Alex the Great' timestamp='1287452718' post='2487336']
Also, Planet Soy, 1 man alliance, potential raid? ;)
[/quote]

[s]We're[/s] I'm protected.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1287457432' post='2487393']
We will continue to do what we always have done. And needless to say, we'll disagree on principle regardless of how 'just', 'merciful', 'enormous', 'reasonable' or otherwise ridiculous reps actually turn out to be.
[/quote]

When your side eventually retakes control of the world (it will happen) I expect to see you moan over the reps they will impose.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' timestamp='1287459254' post='2487409']
When your side eventually retakes control of the world (it will happen) I expect to see you moan over the reps they will impose.
[/quote]

We'll be in the exact same place as we've always been, bet on that. I hope when 'our side' does 'win' (whoever becomes a part of 'our side'), we can set an everlasting precedent decidedly against reps and completely for white peace - as we've always avocated. I'm certainly not [i]too[/i] optimistic, I reassure you though.

[quote name='Fernando12' timestamp='1287439570' post='2487190']
What GOONS, its allies, and their sympathizers/apologists fail to realize is that they are quickly building up a reputation that will eventually get them rolled. There will be some here that will never equate anything to the old NPO. But many of us that weren't here for Pacifica's time in power don't know about it, don't care about it, and find that era long past. What we see GOONS doing to nations and small alliances is unacceptable. The parallels to the old NPO are there. There is an anger that is being built up. Right now, GOONS is lucky. Honestly, many of us that want to "do something about it" simply can't. Karma took time to build up for the old NPO. It will take time to build up for GOONS and the allies that support them. GOONS and its allies are sealing their fate with each atrocity GOONS commits and by being allied to GOONS, GOONS allies are condoning these atrocities. For now all GOONS has to worry about is many of us posting against them, sucks but its true. One day though The United States and many other alliances will confront you. Get your jollies now because your days are numbered, better start coming up with words to fit a third GOONS acronym.
[/quote]
You think you can tell me? A survivor of the brutal 3 month curbstomp of the GATO-1V War, a soldier for Vox Populi, a fighter for INT the in the Karma War, and witness of the injustices of the FAN-1V War, Woodstock Massacre, CIS-1V War, and others that GOONS is like the NPO? You know what I want you to do? I want you to go look up those wars. Should you, you won't make the comparison again, because then you'll understand what Bob was like under the Pacifican jackboot.

Edited by Raider

[quote name='Raider' timestamp='1287472408' post='2487560']
You think you can tell me? A survivor of the brutal 3 month curbstomp of the GATO-1V War, a soldier for Vox Populi, a fighter for INT the in the Karma War, and witness of the injustices of the FAN-1V War, Woodstock Massacre, CIS-1V War, and others that GOONS is like the NPO? You know what I want you to do? I want you to go look up those wars. Should you, you won't make the comparison again, because then you'll understand what Bob was like under the Pacifican jackboot.
[/quote]

The irony is that you used to be a soldier of Vox, fighting against oppression and injustice...yet here you are now.

So because NPO did worse throughout history it's acceptable for GOONS to do what they do now?

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1287484526' post='2487613']
The irony is that you used to be a soldier of Vox, fighting against oppression and injustice...yet here you are now.

So because NPO did worse throughout history it's acceptable for GOONS to do what they do now?
[/quote]

What do we do?

[/quote]
So you just admitted to being a hypocrite. In two weeks or so query me and I'll show you some logs if what those logs say turn out to be credible.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287485138' post='2487617']
What do we do?
[/quote]
Same to you. Talk to me in two weeks and I'll show you what you do if a source isn't full of poo.

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1287485138' post='2487617']
What do we do?
[/quote]

Nuking raided nations who defend themselves.
Making up definitions to justify attacking small alliances.
This "do something attitude" which makes you look inept and failure to understand anyone others perspective.
Calling UOKMB a bunch of criminals who need to be brought to justice.
Stupid theory that it's your sovereignty right to infringe on other peoples sovereignty.

Don't you ever think, that having so many people which have some kind of hatred towards you make you think there might be actually something wrong with your actions? and don't say it's because people refer you to the old GOONS....I am one of you strongest critics yet I was not around to see the original GOONS.

I would also like to ask you a question, was your allies involved in calculating the reps towards the peace dealings?

[/quote]
You're not trying to say VOX was formed soley because of NPO's action are you? Think before you answer.