Oh well, It is what it is...no real proof though

Fernando12

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1283705818' post='2442710']
The position is customary, giving reverence to those who did serve as a Sith Lord and above. Their role is advisory and their only authority is their influence and seniority, as any common member could have.
[/quote]

Gotcha, thanks.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1283706305' post='2442728']
Not get your friends and alliance rolled because you want to be "hurr durr edgy"?
[/quote]

That's the way we operate here in the deep blue.

It actually would have been pretty great if he didn't publicize it. I'm glad for people who attempt to stir the pot. It's a dieing breed. Of course, there are consequences for being caught.

Edited by SpoiL

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1283706784' post='2442739']
Well this is disappointing. But apparently the NSO ego has shrunk just a bit.
[/quote]

It wasn't an NSO operation, neighbor! Just me being a bit foolish. :( It was just me being foolish, but I have already forgiven myself. Everyone makes mistakes in life sometimes. Deep down I know I'm still a very special person and I brighten the day of my alliance mates just by being the best me I can be!

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1283706711' post='2442736']
Corinan, please leave NSO, you're a disgrace, even to them.
[/quote]

That's not very nice, neighbor! Especially coming from an ally. :( The NSO without Corinan is like wearing a comfortable sweater without putting on a pair of comfortable sneakers to match!

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1283706711' post='2442736']
Pre-Karma NSO as a whole would have been held accountable. This time one member who purposely tried to incite a war has been seen as the idiot he is and is paying the price for it. GOONS have every right to completly trash his nation for far more than 90mil worth of damages, but have instead chosen to allow him to stay in NSO and to keep his nation as it is.

I normally find GOONS are too strong armed on these situations, but they've handled this very very well and repsectfully, my hat goes off to Sardonic Beef & Biatz :)

Corinan, please leave NSO, you're a disgrace, even to them.
[/quote]
NSO as a whole was being held accountable. The tone of the last couple pages establishes that pretty clearly. Feel free to spin it off as GOONS being merciful, but the fact of the matter is that they've demanded (and are receiving) more money in reparations from a single rogue incident than was involved in recent wars that involved entire alliances.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283706500' post='2442733']
[color="#0000FF"]Turns out Karma was just a nice facade. As we've been hearing lately, none of them meant any of what they said during that way. Don't say I didn't warn you this was to be expected.[/color]
[/quote]

It wasn't just a facade. The fact that we can't force everyone to live up to those ideas doesn't mean we don't believe them.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283705606' post='2442705']
[color="#0000FF"]They are advisers. Nothing more. They have no authority.[/color]
[/quote]
They are still part of your government, advisors or not, authority or not.

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1283707330' post='2442754']
It wasn't just a facade. The fact that we can't force everyone to live up to those ideas doesn't mean we don't believe them.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said everyone was that way. A few actually hold standards of decency. It is simply a few influential outliers such as GOD, GOONS, PC, etc. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.[/color]

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283707102' post='2442748']
The NSO without Corinan is like wearing a comfortable sweater without putting on a pair of comfortable sneakers to match!
[/quote]
I agree, NSO without Corinan just wouldn't be right. Anyways thanks for the assistance and I'm sorry about all the trouble this has caused you.

CN needs more friendly neighbors like Corinan and making him pay such a large sum just isn't right imo.

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1283707310' post='2442753']
NSO as a whole was being held accountable. The tone of the last couple pages establishes that pretty clearly. Feel free to spin it off as GOONS being merciful, but the fact of the matter is that they've demanded (and are receiving) more money in reparations from a single rogue incident than was involved in recent wars that involved entire alliances.
[/quote]
I feel safe in the knowledge that i know far more on this than yourself, based off being close friends with GOONS and in STA, i get both sides of the story and this time GOONS weren't being overly aggresive as you're claiming. Just because a thread on here states something doesn't necesarrily make it so.

The "single rogue incident" was somebody trying to incite a war, the "wars involving entire alliances" were through treaties and therefore battles which had a shred of honour and decency. There is a major difference between somebody being an idiot purely because they can and somebody fighting for a friend.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283707434' post='2442758']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said everyone was that way. A few actually hold standards of decency. It is simply a few influential outliers such as GOD, GOONS, PC, etc. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.[/color]
[/quote]

Stick to criticizing your outliers and leave the rest of us out of it.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1283707102' post='2442748']
That's not very nice, neighbor! Especially coming from an ally. :( The NSO without Corinan is like wearing a comfortable sweater without putting on a pair of comfortable sneakers to match!
[/quote]

STA and NSO are allied? Since when?

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283707434' post='2442758']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, don't get me wrong, I never said everyone was that way. A few actually hold standards of decency. It is simply a few [s]influential[/s] outliers such as [s]GOD, GOONS, PC, etc[/s] NSO. But it only takes a few bad apples to spoil the bunch.[/color]
[/quote]
I've revised your previous statement, based on the actions of the NSO over the past month.

[quote name='Jonathan Brookbank' timestamp='1283707892' post='2442770']
Paper does not an ally make. Sometimes true friendship is all that is needed.
[/quote]

I can't wait until you pull a GGA with NSO. Good luck on your journey to the top, duder.

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' timestamp='1283707536' post='2442762']
I feel safe in the knowledge that i know far more on this than yourself, based off being close friends with GOONS and in STA, i get both sides of the story and this time GOONS weren't being overly aggresive as you're claiming. Just because a thread on here states something doesn't necesarrily make it so.

The "single rogue incident" was somebody trying to incite a war, the "wars involving entire alliances" were through treaties and therefore battles which had a shred of honour and decency. There is a major difference between somebody being an idiot purely because they can and somebody fighting for a friend.
[/quote]
You're absolutely correct. All I can go in is the publicly available information in this thread. Considering the amount of information and what makes it up, I feel pretty confident in stating my opinion here. Regardless of what's happening behind the scenes, the public aspect of those discussions shape perceptions about the incident.

The "single rogue incident" is someone in an alliance aiding someone at war with another alliance. GOONS started out with wanting to place Corinan on their EoG list, force him to pay 90mil, and decommission his FAC wonder. The damages, politically and materially, are far higher in alliance-wide wars, yet reparations are typically much lower (exempting, of course, the wars involving many alliances or very large alliances), even for the alliance that starts the war in the first place. I have no problem with GOONS wanting some payment to offset the increased damages from aiding Methrage. The only problem I have with this entire situation is the ridiculous amount of reparations.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283664668' post='2442266']
I was just pointing out that by faking evidence to try getting them rolled they now have a CB if they want to hit you guys first. If I was them I wouldn't want to be the one caught off guard, as its clear you guys are up to something if you're resorting to doctored evidence.
[/quote]
Are you for real?....

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1283708807' post='2442780']
You're absolutely correct. All I can go in is the publicly available information in this thread. Considering the amount of information and what makes it up, I feel pretty confident in stating my opinion here. Regardless of what's happening behind the scenes, the public aspect of those discussions shape perceptions about the incident.

The "single rogue incident" is someone in an alliance aiding someone at war with another alliance. GOONS started out with wanting to place Corinan on their EoG list, force him to pay 90mil, and decommission his FAC wonder. The damages, politically and materially, are far higher in alliance-wide wars, yet reparations are typically much lower (exempting, of course, the wars involving many alliances or very large alliances), even for the alliance that starts the war in the first place. I have no problem with GOONS wanting some payment to offset the increased damages from aiding Methrage. The only problem I have with this entire situation is the ridiculous amount of reparations.
[/quote]

Well considering they got rolled a short while ago for something similar $90m in reps isn't that bad to be honest...

[quote name='Ferrozoica Hive' timestamp='1283666026' post='2442295']
So wait a minute. The GOONS have just publicly admitted to engaging in an act of war (spying on a nation) against the NSO in order to prove that the NSO had engaged in an act of war (aid a combatant nation) against the GOONS? Interesting choice of tactics.
[/quote]
Did we not read Heggo allowing them to do it?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283670336' post='2442390']
So basically they got permission to spy on Dopp by threatening to hold it against the entire alliance if they weren't allowed to spy on him. or implying they were already holding it against the entire alliance until they were allowed to spy...
[/quote]
Just read the whole thread and stop embarrassing yourself.