Oh well, It is what it is...no real proof though

Fernando12

[quote name='Haquertal' timestamp='1283735075' post='2443186']
I know you're being intentionally obtuse, but to clarify in case you aren't, it's the fact that twice now your Alliance has aided a rogue. The way you aided doesn't matter, just the act overall itself.
[/quote]
No, that's not true, and even if it were, "twice" hardly constitutes a pattern.

A member sent aid to someone. The NSO did nothing.

You were right to seek reparations (though 90M is not reparations), and other than the amount your government handled the situation well.

What I take issue with is the idea of "punitive" payments. The idea is, depending on whether the person claiming it actually believes it, either the height of egoism or simply an excuse for some other, less reputable, action.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283740963' post='2443269']
Just a note about EoG.

It does not apply to single nations; rulers who reroll are not allowed off the EoG list.
[/quote]
This would be a good argument, if not for the fact that everyone on the list who has deleted we have removed, and not cared enough to follow.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283742004' post='2443287']
This would be a good argument, if not for the fact that everyone on the list who has deleted we have removed, and not cared enough to follow.
[/quote]
You know if you keep blowing apart their bad arguments they might stumble across a good one by accident.

GOONS say it's not a permazi list because it's not permanent
[/quote]
I like how the goalposts on this keep moving. It seems that there are now numerous people who are okay arguing that permanent things need not be permanent. Eventually it'll be public opinion that attacking anyone at all even once is permanent ZI. Maybe after that we can move on to wars not needing to be wars, and just arguing with someone on the forums is PZI.

We currently only have one EoG, who declares new wars on us weekly (at people under 500 NS) and has no intention of getting peace. Everyone else who's ever been an EoG (yes, even Methrage) eventually got off. And the war has nothing to do with ZIing, it's just war.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1283739886' post='2443251']
I have a feeling of déjà-vu... :rolleyes:
[/quote]
We're going for a hat trick.

Edited by Beefspari

Just a note about EoG.

It does not apply to single nations; rulers who reroll are not allowed off the EoG list.
[/quote]

What remarkable investigatory journalism led you to this conclusion? Someone said it once in passing and now you feel you're an authority on it?

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283745138' post='2443332']
Another decisive victory to be written in the history of the New Sith Order.

o/ Corinan!

[img]http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/GifDatabase/DANCE/ewokdance.gif[/img]
[/quote]
You're free to win a few more times if you want. We can even skip the aiding a rogue part. We like money.

My short summary of this thread. Complete with emoticons!

Fernando acts like a little child. :facepalm:

NSO(or member of NSO) aided yet another rogue. :facepalm:

Methrage does more to help GOONS than hurt GOONS. :facepalm:

Bob Janova....defends GOONS?!?!? :psyduck:

NSO pays GOONS money.

I'm 99% sure Bobby J defending GOONS is a sign of the Serverpocylpse.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283745138' post='2443332']
Another decisive victory to be written in the history of the New Sith Order.

o/ Corinan!

[img]http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y372/GifDatabase/DANCE/ewokdance.gif[/img]
[/quote]

o/ 90m

Really I still think he should have gone with EoG and the mercy board, would have saved you guys a lot of money, and with his creativity he could have been one of the better contributors.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1283745428' post='2443341']
o/ 90m

Really I still think he should have gone with EoG and the mercy board, would have saved you guys a lot of money, [b]and with his creativity he could have been one of the better contributors.[/b]
[/quote]

I think it would have too. :P

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1283724538' post='2443033']
[color="#0000FF"]Temper tantrum over not getting my way? This has nothing to me with in case you haven't noticed, and I'll happily admit that Dopp was in the wrong here. While I doubt he was trying to start a war, he was probably just acting without thinking. It could have had grave consequences. That said, I still view this as extortion, and an amount beyond reason. Perhaps we may simply have different standards, and different opinions on what is indeed morally acceptable. But be assured, I'd be just as annoyed if this were being done to someone outside the NSO. GOONS has repeatedly violated acceptable norms. You force nations, tech raid victims, to humiliate themselves for peace. While I'm against tech raiding, I consider the 'PM for peace' rule to be fair. Yet you reject that. I cannot accept that, or your practice of PZI (regardless of what name you call it). Believe me, my dislike for your alliance goes way beyond on this, and one day I swear you and others will pay for your wrongdoings.[/color]
[/quote]

I always enjoy when you admit something has 'nothing to you with', whatever that means. Your paragraph is so all-over-the-map, I wouldn't know where to start. Our EoG list doesn't concern you. You've never been on it. Our tech raids don't concern you. We've never techraided you. Our EoG list is not a PZI list. I'm hoping someday you're able to drop this argument that you know is unfounded. A man such as yourself should be embarrassed for not having added the word 'permanent' to your vocabulary properly. You seem to have lodged it into your head with the wrong definition. I suggest you look it up again and correct your situation.

Playing off of what someone else said earlier, I'd love it if NSO put Fernando on some kind of "enemies of nso" list until he agreed to compensate them (or I guess the one nation) the full 90m in reps. I'd be happy to help them fill his war slots once he got into my range :P

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=403653&Extended=1

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=407170&Extended=1

I see all the GOONS I'm fighting getting their aid slots filled full of aid including soldiers, money, and tech. Despite that GOONS make a huge fuss over me receiving one aid package during the fight, as they try getting me sanctioned on every color while I'm fighting six nations.

GOONS seem very scared of anything resembling an even fight or facing an opponent who can do damage back to them.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283750955' post='2443431']

http://www.cybernations.net/search_aid.asp?search=407170&Extended=1

I see all the GOONS I'm fighting getting their aid slots filled full of aid including soldiers, money, and tech. Despite that GOONS make a huge fuss over me receiving one aid package during the fight, as they try getting me sanctioned on every color while I'm fighting six nations.

GOONS seem very scared of anything resembling an even fight or facing an opponent who can do damage back to them.
[/quote]
[color="#FF8C00"]Or they just want to grind your face into the dirt.[/color] ;)

[quote name='Davian Thule' timestamp='1283751087' post='2443433']
[color="#FF8C00"]Or they just want to grind your face into the dirt.[/color] ;)
[/quote]
They can try all they want, but they don't have an excuse to blame any aid I get when they're doing badly in their wars against me and I see them whining about that a lot.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283750955' post='2443431']
[/quote]

Erm... You have many many war wonders that almost nobody in your range has, so yes, obviously it's a fair fight against you. Oh yes, and you have a secret trade of uranium (all but worthless now with your infra level) with an MP.

So, yeah.
Yeah.