Oh well, It is what it is...no real proof though

Fernando12

[quote name='Ragashingo' timestamp='1283704401' post='2442680']
I'm thinking that's a typo. It makes no sense to call the action anything but stupid.
[/quote]

Indeed. I wasn't sure.

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1283704656' post='2442684']
Agreed in general, but Dopp/Corinan is not a government member of NSO. NSO government members have decision-making authority; he has none.
[/quote]

Hm. Thought he was Prophet of the Dark Side (I'm not sure what the position entails if he does even in fact hold it).

Either way, my point stands.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1283704955' post='2442689']
You can't actually expect us to believe this. Why would a senior member of an alliance take the risk of aiding you if it weren't for a game-changer like nukes?
[/quote]

I think you may overstate Dopp's care for Methrage and/or distaste for GOONs. I would guess that it relates much more to having been told not to do something. What's the first thing someone wants to do?

[quote name='JT Jag' timestamp='1283704955' post='2442689']
You can't actually expect us to believe this. Why would a senior member of an alliance take the risk of aiding you if it weren't for a game-changer like nukes?
[/quote]

Just ignore Methrage's posts like the rest of us in this thread. He's starving for attention and is flailing about like he usually does when people aren't talking about him directly. Since this thread is about Corinan, NSO, and GOONS, he's trying desperately to wave his arms to flag down anyone that will listen.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283705049' post='2442690']
Maybe I will nuke you daily after all if I have enough nukes, I don't appreciate people trying to extort unreasonable sums of money from NSO.
[/quote]

You know that you are giving them a nice CB on NSO by accepting the aid right? You are directly playing into their hands. If you don't want NSO to get harmed, maybe you should stop accepting money from them.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1283693172' post='2442545']
Awwww!

/me hugs potato

Of course, in a way he's right. I don't have a dog in this fight, so it doesn't particularly matter to me.

That being said, I expect NSO will get away with it....again. Despite repeated examples, folks have yet to figure out that the NSO does all of this on purpose. (And then they laugh about it and get their allies to pick up the tab.)

They need to be put down, but I doubt GOONS will do it.
[/quote]
Maybe NoR and GOONS are the ones who need to be put down, both of which alliances I can think of many more reasons for them to be put down.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1283705284' post='2442697']
You know that you are giving them a nice CB on NSO by accepting the aid right? You are directly playing into their hands. If you don't want NSO to get harmed, maybe you should stop accepting money from them.
[/quote]
They would of never known had it not been for Fernando12, who was an internal leak on their end. While I'm not happy they are getting dragged into this, its not my fault people found out about the aid. If the aid was sent without this thread being made their would be no CB either way.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1283705515' post='2442702']
Corinan/Doppelganger has agreed to the 90m reparations. Move along folks.
[/quote]
Next time GOONS screws up I hope people take note of how they deal with this situations and the reps they ask, then treat GOONS the same. GOONS member tech raids an aligned nation? A GOONS members aids the wrong person? Someone from GOONS nukes you in a war you start? All good reason to force $90m of reps from them going by the reps they ask for minor stuff.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1283705090' post='2442692']
Indeed. I wasn't sure.

Hm. Thought he was Prophet of the Dark Side (I'm not sure what the position entails if he does even in fact hold it).

Either way, my point stands.
[/quote]

The position is customary, giving reverence to those who did serve as a Sith Lord and above. Their role is advisory and their only authority is their influence and seniority, as any common member could have.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283705767' post='2442707']
Next time GOONS screws up I hope people take note of how they deal with this situations and the reps they ask, then treat GOONS the same. GOONS member tech raids an aligned nation? A GOONS members aids the wrong person? Someone from GOONS nukes you in a war you start? All good reason to force $90m of reps from them going by the reps they ask for minor stuff.
[/quote]
Take note: every single time Methrage starts a war with GOONS we get another $90m. We've got $180m so far. We look forward to another attack in a few weeks to bump it up to $270m

Edited by Biazt

I'm disappointed in this whole situation. 90 millions in "reparations" is far too much to be paying for a single 3mil aid. I thought the whole KARMA war thing was supposed to usher in a new era of non-extortionate reparations requests.

So I guess as disappointed as I am in seeing a NSO member aiding a rogue, I'm even more disappointed in seeing GOONS demand such high reparations and getting away with it in this instance.

[quote name='Believland' timestamp='1283706184' post='2442721']
Methrage is single-handily funding GOONS growth program.
[/quote]
Not really, I haven't paid them anything personally. Its not my decision to make if NSO would rather pay the money than end up in another war, although I can understand why they made the decision they did.

Edited by Methrage

[quote name='SpoiL' timestamp='1283705232' post='2442695']
I think you may overstate Dopp's care for Methrage and/or distaste for GOONs. I would guess that it relates much more to having been told not to do something. What's the first thing someone wants to do?
[/quote]

Not get your friends and alliance rolled because you want to be "hurr durr edgy"?

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283705446' post='2442701']
They would of never known had it not been for Fernando12, who was an internal leak on their end. While I'm not happy they are getting dragged into this, its not my fault people found out about the aid. If the aid was sent without this thread being made their would be no CB either way.
[/quote]

I think I understand. If no one knew about the aid, then it wouldn't have been a problem. If it wasn't a problem then, then why is it a problem now.

GOONS are clearly wrong.

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1283706184' post='2442722']
I'm disappointed in this whole situation. 90 millions in "reparations" is far too much to be paying for a single 3mil aid. I thought the whole KARMA war thing was supposed to usher in a new era of non-extortionate reparations requests.

So I guess as disappointed as I am in seeing a NSO member aiding a rogue, I'm even more disappointed in seeing GOONS demand such high reparations and getting away with it in this instance.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Turns out Karma was just a nice facade. As we've been hearing lately, none of them meant any of what they said during that way. Don't say I didn't warn you this was to be expected.[/color]

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1283706184' post='2442722']

[/quote] Pre-Karma NSO as a whole would have been held accountable. This time one member who purposely tried to incite a war has been seen as the idiot he is and is paying the price for it. GOONS have every right to completly trash his nation for far more than 90mil worth of damages, but have instead chosen to allow him to stay in NSO and to keep his nation as it is.

I normally find GOONS are too strong armed on these situations, but they've handled this very very well and repsectfully, my hat goes off to Sardonic Beef & Biatz :)

Corinan, please leave NSO, you're a disgrace, even to them.

[quote name='Biazt' timestamp='1283705515' post='2442702']
Corinan/Doppelganger has agreed to the 90m reparations. Move along folks.
[/quote]

Well this is disappointing. But apparently the NSO ego has shrunk just a bit.

[i]o/ Peace In Our Time, I guess.[/i]