Oh well, It is what it is...no real proof though

Fernando12

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1283700930' post='2442620']
Aid a rogue attacking a Nordreich nation.

Win a free war.
[/quote]

Yes, someone please take Ash's offer!

FAN's sharks are always circling and are maybe, possibly, hopefully, probably willing to back up the prize being offered by NoR.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote]And yes, you Mr. I hated EZI with every fiber of my being yet was allied to every big practicer of it too afraid to make a stand.[/quote]
This is getting rather off topic, but there is more than one way to make a stand, and going rogue on an established alliance and getting ZI'd (that is what you are complaining that I didn't do right?) is probably the least effective way possible.

[quote]GOONS is well connected, and has the backing of most alliances that are heavily en-steeped in the MDoAP web.[/quote]
Yes, I imagine they have that backing in this case. Why's that? Because they are in the right.

You know, in normal circumstances I'd agree that $90m is rather steep for this offence. (I think I criticised the $90m settlement to 'buy out' Methrage in the first place, and on the face of it going rogue is a lot worse than aiding a rogue $3m.) But this isn't a normal circumstance, NSO just had a war over exactly this issue (aiding an active rogue), and have decided that it would be funny to do it again at the first possible high profile opportunity afterwards. The reps are like $30m for actual material harm and $60m as a punitive deterrent to doing it again, again.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1283701864' post='2442637']
I did read the entire thread, and find it appalling that things like this are still happening within the NSO. I'm not trying to be rude; however, in this instance I would either pay the reps asked by GOONS regardless of how excessive you think they are or just face the consequences again on the battlefield.
[/quote]

I'm not part of Gov. so they'll decide what is excessive and what isn't in their eyes for the alliance as a whole. If we do pay reps that GOONs are requesting, then I'll personally help send aid.

If not... Well at least you guys get to see some fireworks, I sure as hell love sky rockets.

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283701946' post='2442640']
He thinks that we're going to throw Corinan under the bus; which we aren't. And the other things have already been said and repeated. If he wants to sound like a broken record I apologize.
[/quote]

Corinan isn't a brand new member, he's an established and respected member of the NSO. His actions were wreck-less, unnecessary, and have clearly jeopardized the NSO right after they exited a major conflict. If that's what your "defending", Good Luck. You'll need it...since it's bound to happen again...

Bob Janova - I apologize for my outburst it had no place in this thread and for that I am sorry.

Anyways, I do believe GOONS would have the backing of its allies regardless of if they were in the right or not. Some of the things GOONS has been able to pull off would be some sort of [i]blank check[/i] effect they seem to get from their allies. They can demand 90 million, call it light and get away with it because the majority of powerful alliances in this case are on their side. No one on our side would [i]dream[/i] of doing such a thing and not being called out on it. What's wrong, again, with just having Dopp himself aid all GOONS nations Methrage is at war with? It sends the message loud and clear.

[quote name='KingEd' timestamp='1283702413' post='2442648']
Corinan isn't a brand new member, he's an established and respected member of the NSO. His actions were wreck-less, unnecessary, and have clearly jeopardized the NSO right after they exited a major conflict. If that's what your "defending", Good Luck. You'll need it...since it's bound to happen again...
[/quote]
We're not defending his actions, we're defending our brother.

[quote name='thaone' timestamp='1283690664' post='2442528']
This thread delivers :awesome:
[/quote]

It sure does...

"He aided Methrage!"
"No, he didn't!"
"Yes he did, we have proof now!"
"Fine, you're right, do your worst to him."
"No, we want money or we'll attack you."
"Fine, how much?"
"90mil"
"Say what now? Maybe 15mil"
"We'll see you at the negotiations then"

And every now and again a little Methrage mixed with Fernando tossed in there to spice up the dish, but somehow they seem to come out the same each time.

"I'm not an idiot"
"I love being the center of attention"

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1283702824' post='2442657']
It sure does...

"He aided Methrage!"
"No, he didn't!"
"Yes he did, we have proof now!"
"Fine, you're right, do your worst to him."
"No, we want money or we'll attack you."
"Fine, how much?"
"90mil"
"Say what now? Maybe 15mil"
"We'll see you at the negotiations then"

And every now and again a little Methrage mixed with Fernando tossed in there to spice up the dish, but somehow they seem to come out the same each time.

"I'm not an idiot"
"I love being the center of attention"
[/quote]

This is disgustingly accurate.

[quote name='kevin32891' timestamp='1283701319' post='2442627']
Its not even that sure what Corinan did was stupid, but we do not want to leave one of our most loyal members out to dry. Would you do that to a friend SirWilliam?
[/quote]

Perhaps I'm getting hung up on your wording (if so, and if that's not what you meant, my apologies), but what Corinan did [i]was[/i] incredibly stupid. He, as a government member of NSO, secretly aided a combatant at war with GOONS, days after GOONS warned that aiding said combatant would have consequences. He's put your alliance between a rock and a hard place.

As for your question, if my friend put my alliance in a precarious position over something so stupid I'd certainly be reevaluating things. We'd still be friends but his membership would be in jeopardy.

Edited by SirWilliam

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1283704041' post='2442674']
Perhaps I'm getting hung up on your wording (if so, and if that's not what you meant, my apologies), but what Corinan did [i]was[/i] incredibly stupid.
[/quote]

I'm thinking that's a typo. It makes no sense to call the action anything but stupid.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1283704041' post='2442674']
Perhaps I'm getting hung up on your wording (if so, and if that's not what you meant, my apologies), but what Corinan did [i]was[/i] incredibly stupid. He, as a government member of NSO, secretly aided a combatant at war with GOONS, days after GOONS warned that aiding said combatant would have consequences.
[/quote]
Agreed in general, but Dopp/Corinan is not a government member of NSO. NSO government members have decision-making authority; he has none.

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283704215' post='2442675']
Be glad it's only 90 million considering Methy's got one last nuke to try and knock me down with.
[/quote]
I had enough to get the nukes regardless of the aid Dopp sent, at the time that he sent it I already had $3m cash on hand from ground raiders. With the money Dopp gave me I just boosted my infra and tech a bit.

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1283704782' post='2442685']
I had enough to get the nukes regardless of the aid Dopp sent, at the time that he sent it I already had $3m cash on hand from ground raiders. With the money Dopp gave me I just boosted my infra and tech a bit.
[/quote]You can't actually expect us to believe this. Why would a senior member of an alliance take the risk of aiding you if it weren't for a game-changer like nukes?

[quote name='CEverettKoop' timestamp='1283704215' post='2442675']
Be glad it's only 90 million considering Methy's got one last nuke to try and knock me down with.
[/quote]
Maybe I will nuke you daily after all if I have enough nukes, I don't appreciate people trying to extort unreasonable sums of money from NSO.