An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='27 May 2010 - 08:27 AM' timestamp='1274963239' post='2313416']
In my personal opinion this kind of thing could be a valid CB, but GGA is not a credible threat and that means it is reduced to the level of comic delusions of grandeur. It's not plotting to destroy us, it's JB indulging himself with flights of fancy that won't (and can't) happen. So yes, it is just drama, and totally unnecessary drama at that.
[/quote]

Careful Bob, GGA has [color="#FF0000"][b]two whole Weapons Research Complexes[/b][/color] and they aren't afraid to use them. :ph34r:

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='deathcat' date='26 May 2010 - 11:42 PM' timestamp='1274935357' post='2313148']
DC Serves up some of those logs.. Nice and seasoned!

[img]http://www.kodak.com/US/images/en/corp/1000nerds/pritchard/Logs2.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

You Provide the Logs, this monster will take care of them...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo4K1dM2GH4

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='27 May 2010 - 05:47 AM' timestamp='1274953649' post='2313325']
What? Are you on crack? GGA's intentions are far from seeking and obtaining green unity as demonstrated by JB. May I ask if you are in GATO gov?
[/quote]
JB in my opinion is really trying to obtain Green Unity from the talks I've heard. And does it matter if hes in GATO government or not? Hes expressing his own opinion, unlike you who is just attacking GGA and a member of GATO.

Stay classy Kriek.

Edited by kevin32891

Well first of all VE is not Athens so I I do not know why anyone would think they would be rolling someone for something they talked about doing. Second from those logs it is clear GGA has a few people who seem intelligent and might be good for GGA however, its pretty clear the biggest threat to GGA is Jonathan Brookbank. Why do you people have him in GGA at all much less in power? He is the biggest challenge GGA has to overcome to survive and recover.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='27 May 2010 - 09:08 AM' timestamp='1274965721' post='2313444']
JB in my opinion is really trying to obtain Green Unity from the talks I've heard. And does it matter if hes in GATO government or not? Hes expressing his own opinion, unlike you who is just attacking GGA and a member of GATO.

Stay classy Kriek.
[/quote]

Calling killing VE your 'only' goal doesn't sound like attempting to achieve Green Unity to me.

[quote name='Farnsworth' date='27 May 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1274937009' post='2313183']
I am glad to see both GGA and VE working past this and/or treating it as a nonissue.

o/ [color=green][b]GREEN PEACE[/b][/color][/quote]

I couldn't agree more with this man. Here's to the future growth, unity, and excellence of the green sphere!

[quote name='Sooner' date='27 May 2010 - 03:32 AM' timestamp='1274931106' post='2313023']
You said no longer true, but this is the GGA, remember? Just be it was true then and not true now, does not mean it can't or won't be true again later.
[/quote]
Of course you and yours are completely innocent of ever inciting anger in the government of other alliances, am I right?

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='27 May 2010 - 01:29 PM' timestamp='1274966950' post='2313461']
Well first of all VE is not Athens so I I do not know why anyone would think they would be rolling someone for something they talked about doing. Second from those logs it is clear GGA has a few people who seem intelligent and might be good for GGA however, its pretty clear the biggest threat to GGA is Jonathan Brookbank. Why do you people have him in GGA at all much less in power? He is the biggest challenge GGA has to overcome to survive and recover.
[/quote]
Your old Heg roots are hard to suppress at times, aren't they?

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='27 May 2010 - 12:27 PM' timestamp='1274963239' post='2313416']
The funniest thing about this is that these logs were leaked a while back, laughed at and forgotten. By making this announcement JB has brought everyone's attention to them and got them leaked to the public at large – so now [i]everyone[/i] can laugh at GGA.

I don't buy the story about it being intentional misinformation to find a leak; as pointed out above, if you're going to do that, you tip us off in advance so when the material leaks we can get back to you and tell you who leaked it. Considering your recent behaviour I find it much more likely that you really do want to grow GGA into a credible threat and damage Viridia.

In my personal opinion this kind of thing could be a valid CB, but GGA is not a credible threat and that means it is reduced to the level of comic delusions of grandeur. It's not plotting to destroy us, it's JB indulging himself with flights of fancy that won't (and can't) happen. So yes, it is just drama, and totally unnecessary drama at that.
[/quote]
So private talk inside their private halls is now considered to be a valid CB? I remember when accepting another alliances information was considered an act of spying and a very valid CB. Funny how times change.

Assuming the OP is correct and those things were said to flush out a mole, then well, that's a dreadful idea. Being obsessed with counterspy operations is what got TPF in trouble a bit over a year ago, and was a significant contributing factor to the start of the Karma War.

Focus on your government members' actions. You'll find that loyalty comes when you treat people well and work together to meet your alliance's goals.

If the OP is a lie and those things were actually said because JB believes them to be true, then that's also a bizarre situation. There are alliances I don't like and wouldn't mind seeing get rolled, but to make that my entire purpose of existence is obsessive in the extreme. Admittedly it's possible that one day JB might be able to reach the stated goal; as we all know, politics change over time, and it wasn't that long ago that people were laughing at the idea that NPO might one day be rolled.

But it's far more likely that VE's destruction - were it to happen - would be because of the efforts of others, not JB. Especially since he appears to be incapable of focusing on his own alliance's growth. He's been given leadership of a formerly sanctioned alliance at peace (he took over GGA 8 days after it surrendered to MHA with a white peace), and managed to lead it to even lower NS levels in the context of a world which has been involved in extremely destructive warfare for his entire tenure.

JB, you don't deal with stuff like this publicly. If you had wanted to, contacting VE government in private channels would have been perfectly sensible. Although I'm pretty sure the conversation would have gone something like this.

<JB> I'm here to talk about the leaked logs.
<VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> Oh alright. What do you want to say?
<JB> I said those things to flush out a spy. It didn't work the way I thought it would though.

-- meanwhile in VE government channel
<VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> Do we care about GGA?
<OTHER-VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> Nope, completely irrelevant.
<VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> What about those logs?
<OTHER-VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> Good for a laugh.

-- back to query
<VE-GOVERNMENT-OFFICIAL> Thanks JB. We have no problems with you guys.
<JB> Oh ok.

But what do I know. :)

Edit: I really doubt Enyo's a spy. Having talked to her, she struck me as a bit naive, but well-meaning. Sometimes people logdump for the silliest of reasons, and this looks rather like she overreacted, in finest GGA tradition.

Edited by Haflinger

Enyo is not a spy, the person who has publicly leveled those accusations against her in this thread has no idea what he is talking about and is going off of hearsay.

EDIT: I am not referring to JB here.

Edited by AirMe

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='27 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1274939010' post='2313218']
As of tonight, I have said we're going to roll 163 alliances in our backchannel ... and counting.

Egads!... 164 ... :ph34r:
[/quote]

If we weren't at the top of the list, I will be disppointed.

And to ensure it, I find your shrimp scampi skills to be sub-par.

Now what's up?

:D

There are so many more awesome logs, I hope they find the light of day.

Here is my favorite snip from one of them:

[2010-04-18 23:02:43] <Koolaid_Ken> well the most famous incident
[2010-04-18 23:02:49] <Koolaid_Ken> is telling goldie to s*ck a d*ck
[2010-04-18 23:03:21] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> Ken, that was weeks ago.

By the way, you shouldn't muzzle Kenfolk as much. He seems shockingly rational in those logs I've seen.

I think the funniest JB log is:

[20:29] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> Eminem is one of, if not the, best rapper out today.

I haven't seen these logs before today, and I most likely would have never seen them if not for this thread. I'm even allied to VE, the alliance who is being planned against, and I haven't heard a word about this. If that doesn't show you how much they didn't care about the situation prior to this thread then I don't know what to tell you. But congrats to GGA for once again digging a hole for themselves.

[quote name='kriekfreak' date='27 May 2010 - 04:47 AM' timestamp='1274953649' post='2313325']
What? Are you on crack? GGA's intentions are far from seeking and obtaining green unity as demonstrated by JB. May I ask if you are in GATO gov?
[/quote]

Does it matter he is GATO govt? He is a longtime, well-respected member voicing his opinion, which is ok the last I heard.

Hopefully the drama over this goes by the wayside soon.

Also, thanks for speaking up Kevin. :)

[quote name='kevin32891' date='27 May 2010 - 08:08 AM' timestamp='1274965721' post='2313444']

Stay classy Kriek.
[/quote]

It's too bad the logs weren't of JB throwing a fit in UJA channels. Those were funny and show how hard he is working on Green Unity. [/sarcasm]

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 May 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1274968030' post='2313475']
Your old Heg roots are hard to suppress at times, aren't they?
[/quote]

I do not even know what that is suppose to mean. And for the record my roots were with CDS and that cluster of a bloc The League. What if any of that has to with JB working hard to drag whats left of GGA down is beyond me.

[quote name='Bilrow' date='27 May 2010 - 04:10 PM' timestamp='1274972995' post='2313529']
It's too bad the logs weren't of JB throwing a fit in UJA channels. Those were funny and show how hard he is working on Green Unity. [/sarcasm]
[/quote]

Yeah, he was the only one too iirc ^_^ Oh no, it was someone else that just said "Shut the $%&@ up!" verbatim.

o/ Green Unity

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='The Big Bad' date='27 May 2010 - 09:29 AM' timestamp='1274966950' post='2313461']
[/quote]
[img]http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2009-10-07/1254883342591.png[/img]
haha is so funny!

I guess we'll just have to see where GGA goes from here.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 May 2010 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1274968160' post='2313477']
So private talk inside their private halls is now considered to be a valid CB? I remember when accepting another alliances information was considered an act of spying and a very valid CB. Funny how times change.
[/quote]

GGA's master plan to roll VE has come to fruition!

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='27 May 2010 - 02:57 AM' timestamp='1274943405' post='2313269']
Ah, was wondering how long it would take before that would show up here. There's my favorite.
[/quote]
Haha, I agree. This is by far the best part.

GGA never disappoints