An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='27 May 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1274943612' post='2313274']
Hey its upto them if they wish to destroy VE, at the sometime in the future.... at the appropriate juncture....in the fullness of time...

And, its nice to have goals. For a life without a goal or goals, is .. boring.

More tea? Anyone? How about some scones?
[/quote]

You got jam and cream with those scones?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 03:35 AM' timestamp='1274943920' post='2313279']
No, but I sure as hell didn't miss the part of you being you. And you're a grade-A treaty whore leading a horrible alliance. Say what you will, but I don't think you're fooling anybody.
[/quote]

Last I recall I only sign treaties with people I know and like... Like the 7 I am allied to now. Since when is having allies a treaty whore, because if I am one then Ronin certainly is as well since you seem to only hold one less treaty than OO.

Ezequiel.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='27 May 2010 - 03:08 PM' timestamp='1274944108' post='2313282']
Cream yes, sadly the Jam Thief has struck again, and there is no Jam to be found in our larder.
[/quote]

:o:(

Guess I'll have to hunt him down and get your jam back.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='27 May 2010 - 07:00 AM' timestamp='1274943612' post='2313274']
Hey its upto them if they wish to destroy VE, at the sometime in the future.... at the appropriate juncture....in the fullness of time...

And, its nice to have goals. For a life without a goal or goals, is .. boring.

More tea? Anyone? How about some scones?
[/quote]

Some Tea please. Do I get to drink it with the Emperor to?

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='27 May 2010 - 12:43 AM' timestamp='1274939010' post='2313218']
As of tonight, I have said we're going to roll 163 alliances in our backchannel ... and counting.

Egads!... 164 ... :ph34r:
[/quote]
Are we #1?

this thread can be summed up with lolGGA. Brookbank, GGA couldnt roll some playdough let alone VE..oh and Byron is so cute when he chirps about the mighty GGA military

[quote]Oh, and by the way Jack... It was never in my plans to treaty GGA :lol1: [/quote]
soooo why the blue hell did you?

Edited by wickedj

OK, I've read the logs. Of the choices I presented in [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=86509&view=findpost&p=2313233]my previous post[/url], it is obvious that the logs make this situation into a knee-slappin-belly-laffer.

JB, sorry bud but they do make you look extremely silly. I hope you can present something to mitigate the laff factor.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='27 May 2010 - 03:10 AM' timestamp='1274944183' post='2313283']
Last I recall I only sign treaties with people I know and like... Like the 7 I am allied to now. Since when is having allies a treaty whore, because if I am one then Ronin certainly is as well since you seem to only hold one less treaty than OO.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

We hold one less treaty than you, yes. But we actually take the time to get to know these people. It took 2 months of a private chat and a QnA thread just to sign an ODP with Gondor. Although I can't tell how long you spent talking to the "allies" you have, I just look at the list of defunct treaties you have...You seem to have more defunct treaties than active treaties. Now go look up how many defunct treaties Ronin has. Don't ever compare our alliances. That, quite frankly, makes me want to throw up.

And to note, for you to even act like you have any intelligence at all after telling me your "plan" without even understanding who I was shows just how intelligent you are.

And with that, I'm done.

Edited by JackSkellington

[quote name='Captain Flinders' date='27 May 2010 - 02:50 AM' timestamp='1274943016' post='2313267']
In all fairness, they do say something pretty clearly. They say that at one point in time GGA leadership toyed with the idea of destroying VE in the future. Doesn't really sound like green unity to me.

Of course, we haven't been informed of which part of the logs was misinformation and which part was emotional release. So all this debate could be for nothing, but as you say, alliances have been rolled for far less.

If GGA was going to spread false information within their own government pertaining to VE, it would have been wise to inform VE about the possible information leaking their way. That would have avoided issues altogether and likely bridged the gap of any sour spots between the two alliances. Forethought FTW.
[/quote]

Hint: None of it was misinformation. If you're going to set up a trap like that, you make sure you can hear back from the alliance you bash that there is a mole, and you let them in on it ahead of time. You don't say bad things about someone you're not talking to and expect to 'catch the mole'.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 03:46 AM' timestamp='1274944577' post='2313289']
We hold one less treaty than you, yes. But we actually take the time to get to know these people. It took 2 months of a private chat and a QnA thread just to sign an ODP with Gondor. Although I can't tell how long you spent talking to the "allies" you have, I just look at the list of defunct treaties you have...You seem to have more defunct treaties than active treaties. Now go look up how many defunct treaties Ronin has. Don't ever compare our alliances. That, quite frankly, makes me want to throw up. And note how one of the treaties you counted was a bloc treaty that was made almost entirely to show how close we are with those alliances.

And to note, for you to even act like you have any intelligence at all after telling me your "plan" without even understanding who I was shows just how intelligent you are.

JackSkellington
[/quote]

If you look, only two of our treaties have ever been canceled; the other ones got that way due to the other alliance disbanding. I've told you my 'plan' is it? I don't recall having a plan, but OK Jack, what ever floats your boat.

Ezequiel.

[quote name='Ezequiel' date='27 May 2010 - 03:22 AM' timestamp='1274944946' post='2313293']
If you look, only two of our treaties have ever been canceled; the other ones got that way due to the other alliance disbanding. I've told you my 'plan' is it? I don't recall having a plan, but OK Jack, what ever floats your boat.

Ezequiel.
[/quote]

Do you not remember your plan to hit JB's PR and convince VE to roll GGA? Cause I remember quite vividly. And as I scrolling down your page, counting the treaties you've signed...I counted 23. Maybe that's a miscount, but I can't imagine by...18. Ronin has signed 6 treaties(One of which being a bloc with two alliances we were already MDoAP'd to) and canceled 0.

Good luck to VE and GGA on clearing this up. :awesome:

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='27 May 2010 - 03:57 AM' timestamp='1274945244' post='2313294']
Do you not remember your plan to hit JB's PR and convince VE to roll GGA? Cause I remember quite vividly. And as I scrolling down your page, counting the treaties you've signed...I counted 23. Maybe that's a miscount, but I can't imagine by...18. Ronin has signed 6 treaties(One of which being a bloc with two alliances we were already MDoAP'd to) and canceled 0.

Good luck to VE and GGA on clearing this up. :awesome:
[/quote]

Please tell me when I ever said that was my 'plan', because I don't recall that at all to say the least. I simply had logs and I shared them with the people who were involved in the matter.

No one ever said alliances I like will last, did they? I am very grateful to have the fantastic allies I do now, and I will sacrifice all I have for them.

Ezequiel.

Well I guess I'll be the one to say it. The GGA of May 2010 is the same GGA of May 2007. Nothing has changed except the leadership and the membership in GGA. Other than that, all is normal at GGA, always plotting against VE and out to destroy us yet again.

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 May 2010 - 01:22 AM' timestamp='1274944944' post='2313292']
Hint: None of it was misinformation. If you're going to set up a trap like that, you make sure you can hear back from the alliance you bash that there is a mole, and you let them in on it ahead of time. You don't say bad things about someone you're not talking to and expect to 'catch the mole'.
[/quote]
I agree completely. I was simply taking the OP at his word because I really don't have the information to claim otherwise. But it's not hard to logically see through the holes presented in the OP.

Edited by Captain Flinders

[quote name='Sir Sci' date='27 May 2010 - 07:57 AM' timestamp='1274943420' post='2313270']
Blah blah blah logs blah blah logs blah.

I have full confidence in the GGA's intentions to seek and obtain further green unity, as well as their prospective success in doing so.
[/quote]

What? Are you on crack? GGA's intentions are far from seeking and obtaining green unity as demonstrated by JB. May I ask if you are in GATO gov?

[quote name='wickedj' date='27 May 2010 - 03:58 AM' timestamp='1274929111' post='2312957']
Why dont you save the rest of us the trouble and go ahead and post the logs
[/quote]

Please, transparancy is key to the welfare of any alliance, especially GGA---whom cannot go more than a month or two without some dramatic event occurring.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='27 May 2010 - 03:59 AM' timestamp='1274929153' post='2312958']
GGA drama never dies.
[/quote]

QFT, but this is a good thing is it not ?

It's always sad to see old friends rolling around in the dirt. The GGA I knew for 600 days didn't deserve most of the lolgga crap that spammed the owf. But the GGA post-coup probably does, I'm sad to say. This is just sad.

I mean, you guys are making progress! I just checked your stats, and it looks like you're on track to get to 1mil NS in early July. Why screw it up w/stuff like this? I mean, with the amount of effort JB puts into flaming and scheming he could hook up half it's members w/tech buyers. Maybe that would be a wiser use of GGAgov's time?

Nobody is rolling anyone and VE and GGA don't really get along. Also, the grass is green, the sky is blue, and X is new hegemony.
Ve doesn't like the GGA right now because they didn't want to upgrade the UJA and then they left the UJA. (and some other things)
GGA doesn't like the VE right now because we ... control green? (I dunno tbh.)

Anyways, it is no big deal. Neither of us wants to fight for obvious reasons
(GGA: too small/suicide, plus they don't want to and [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/The_Emerald_Doctrine]pledged not to[/url] VE: if we do that then we are like them, and if others would have done the same then we would be dead, plus we have no reason to and don't want to.)

All this is is drama.

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 May 2010 - 03:00 PM' timestamp='1274936437' post='2313174']
GGA thinking they'd have the political muscle to topple VE after they "grow" a bit is hilarious.

Oh GGA,
[/quote]

GGA don't need to grow, they've got NPO to do that for...oh wai

PS: I so hope the mole was plotting a coup lolz

Late to the party, didn't read the whole thread tbh, but that this thread even exists (JB forced to address the release of logs designed to damage an alliance) creates irony so deep, one is compelled to hold one's left arm aloft to save one's watch. <_<

The funniest thing about this is that these logs were leaked a while back, laughed at and forgotten. By making this announcement JB has brought everyone's attention to them and got them leaked to the public at large – so now [i]everyone[/i] can laugh at GGA.

I don't buy the story about it being intentional misinformation to find a leak; as pointed out above, if you're going to do that, you tip us off in advance so when the material leaks we can get back to you and tell you who leaked it. Considering your recent behaviour I find it much more likely that you really do want to grow GGA into a credible threat and damage Viridia.

In my personal opinion this kind of thing could be a valid CB, but GGA is not a credible threat and that means it is reduced to the level of comic delusions of grandeur. It's not plotting to destroy us, it's JB indulging himself with flights of fancy that won't (and can't) happen. So yes, it is just drama, and totally unnecessary drama at that.