An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='26 May 2010 - 08:36 PM' timestamp='1274931361' post='2313030']
I am a log monster, feed me logs.
[/quote]

DC Serves up some of those logs.. Nice and seasoned!

[img]http://www.kodak.com/US/images/en/corp/1000nerds/pritchard/Logs2.jpg[/img]

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Voytek' date='27 May 2010 - 12:34 AM' timestamp='1274934826' post='2313136']
We can always devolve them into LOLNSO if that would suit you better.
[/quote]

Changing the topic into something else again? Reverting to character attacks? Whatever.

[quote]Which is the most puzzling part. While they are not the type of logs that would get GGA killed, they will probably get them laughed at (if they are actually leaked further), but prior to this it was a non issue and anyone who had seem them had stopped caring since the day after they got them. By making this announcement, he runs risk of bringing them to light and getting a black eye, completely for no reason at all.[/quote]

Not necessarily. You can never overestimate intelligence leaks. In this case, I think it was more of an issue of cleaning up their name, considering how bad it is already. The intention of dispelling misinformation is pretty clear; unless someone wants to spin it another way.

I believe Jrenster is correct on this one, he is more or less trying to dispel any thought that there was any hard feelings between GGA and other governments. However I do believe he was trying to prove a point on the fact that information was leaked prior to the member leaving the alliance. I am sure everyone else feels the same taboo on spying, so why should he try not to bring to light that a former member Enyo leaked government information and in a sense spied on the GGA?

[quote name='BloodFury' date='26 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1274935919' post='2313160']
I believe Jrenster is correct on this one, he is more or less trying to dispel any thought that there was any hard feelings between GGA and other governments. However I do believe he was trying to prove a point on the fact that information was leaked prior to the member leaving the alliance. I am sure everyone else feels the same taboo on spying, so why should he try not to bring to light that a former member Enyo leaked government information and in a sense spied on the GGA?
[/quote]

She left and was blacklisted on the 9th. I believe they were leaked on the 17th.

[quote name='Segovia' date='27 May 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1274936140' post='2313165']
She left and was blacklisted on the 9th. I believe they were leaked on the 17th.
[/quote]

That may be so, but I had heard of information being leaked sometime while she was in the alliance a few days after she had left it. Regardless if that information is correct or not it is clearly recognized that the leaking of any information from an alliance is heavily frowned upon and has gotten people put on enemy lists in the past. When you are in an alliance you agree to not share any information that is said, it is common courtesy to extend that respect after you leave. If she didn't do it while she was in the GGA, she still did it regardless and she should be dealt with accordingly as the GGA wishes her to be dealt with.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='26 May 2010 - 11:52 PM' timestamp='1274932309' post='2313054']
[2010-04-22 13:49:48] <Enyo> It's too bad we can't be the ones to roll the VE again.
[2010-04-22 13:50:09] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> Give it some time.
[2010-04-22 13:50:16] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> We just need to grow.

You all can thank me later for these "damning" logs. Or thank me now.
[/quote]
Wait, that's it? Without JB's explanation in the OP, I would have thought he was being sarcastic.
[quote name='Penkala' date='27 May 2010 - 01:00 AM' timestamp='1274936437' post='2313174']
GGA thinking they'd have the political muscle to topple VE after they "grow" a bit is hilarious.

Oh GGA,
[/quote]
Despite the GGA's current reputation, the GGA has historically been much more politically savvy then VE. Now, I really doubt they'd get enough growth on the military side of things...

Edited by Geoffron X

[quote name='BloodFury' date='26 May 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1274936521' post='2313176']
That may be so, but I had heard of information being leaked sometime while she was in the alliance a few days after she had left it. Regardless if that information is correct or not it is clearly recognized that the leaking of any information from an alliance is heavily frowned upon and has gotten people put on enemy lists in the past. When you are in an alliance you agree to not share any information that is said, it is common courtesy to extend that respect after you leave. If she didn't do it while she was in the GGA, she still did it regardless and she should be dealt with accordingly as the GGA wishes her to be dealt with.
[/quote]

So that automatically means Enyo is the spy? Great logic there. Also, when you are allied to an alliance that is also allied to the people you are having bad relations with, it is only common courtesy to inform your allies that you are planting logs that are threatening towards their allies to flush out a spy, just in case those logs get out. I don't really care for surprises like that.

(Too many 'allies'... gah)

[quote name='Segovia' date='27 May 2010 - 01:09 AM' timestamp='1274936937' post='2313182']
So that automatically means Enyo is the spy? Great logic there. Also, when you are allied to an alliance that is also allied to the people you are having bad relations with, it is only common courtesy to inform your allies that you are planting logs that are threatening towards their allies to flush out a spy, just in case those logs get out. I don't really care for surprises like that.

(Too many 'allies'... gah)
[/quote]

It has already been pointed out that it was Enyo, it has already been made a clear cut case against her and all evidence ties this directly to her. Do you think an investigation was not done? Also when you believe you have a spy in your midst, you don't exactly tell anyone what your plans are as they could tip off the spy, or tip off who ever the spy is working for. If I ran my own alliance, I would forgive the GGA for their words used in a private government channel regardless of the situation. Somethings are said in anger and some of the others were said to try and root out the spy. If they suspected it would of been from my alliance, I could understand them not telling me about it.

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='27 May 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1274936789' post='2313179']
Wait, that's it? Without JB's explanation in the OP, I would have thought he was being sarcastic.

Despite the GGA's current reputation, the GGA has historically been much more politically savvy then VE. Now, I really doubt they'd get enough growth on the military side of things...
[/quote]

OK. GGA's leader just stated that if they grew they could take on VE, which I'm not sure if you're aware is tied to this pretty powerful group of alliances. It'd be like me saying that if I grew 5k NS I could take on GOONS. Except that's actually true because I'd be hitting their upper-mid tier (9k NS!) there.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='BloodFury' date='26 May 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1274937241' post='2313187']
It has already been pointed out that it was Enyo, it has already been made a clear cut case against her and all evidence ties this directly to her. Do you think an investigation was not done? Also when you believe you have a spy in your midst, you don't exactly tell anyone what your plans are as they could tip off the spy, or tip off who ever the spy is working for. If I ran my own alliance, I would forgive the GGA for their words used in a private government channel regardless of the situation. Somethings are said in anger and some of the others were said to try and root out the spy. If they suspected it would of been from my alliance, I could understand them not telling me about it.
[/quote]

I apologize, I misread this quote:

[quote]That may be so, but I had heard of information being leaked sometime while she was in the alliance a few days after she had left it.[/quote]

I read it as there was a leak before she left, and it was her. Was their other info leaked from a spy previous to this?

And informing your allies gov that you are cracking down on a spy shouldn't screw with your OPSEC. If they were truly worried about that, then why be allied? And when it concerns another ally, I think it's something that definitely should have been shared.

Are we really going to argue about whether or not an alliance should notify an ally about trying to expose a spy by mentioning the a treaty partner of said ally? Either way its not a big deal.

This reminds me of the the fallibility of Christ Debate among theologians, where they waste their breath arguing about whether Jesus could have sinned if he had wanted to. <_<

[quote name='Segovia' date='27 May 2010 - 01:25 AM' timestamp='1274937929' post='2313198']
I apologize, I misread this quote:

I read it as there was a leak before she left, and it was her. Was their other info leaked from a spy previous to this?

And informing your allies gov that you are cracking down on a spy shouldn't screw with your OPSEC. If they were truly worried about that, then why be allied? And when it concerns another ally, I think it's something that definitely should have been shared.
[/quote]

I don't know all the going ons in GGA or the world, but what I do know was what they did find was that Enyo leaked information. I had also heard a small rumor that Enyo may or may not have caused problems with the GPA. Again this is something I do not know, or if its factual or not. Prior to Enyo joining the GGA she had applied to Ronin, the alliance she is in now. She was accepted or to be accepted but turned it down to join GGA. Doesn't that raise suspicions even more when you find out that she had leaked information? Why a random jump to another alliance, when she wanted to join Ronin? Those are just some things to think about.

But they were obviously concerned that there was an informant inside of the GGA sometime after he arrival into the GGA. You also have to understand that GGA itself is still reforming since JB came back took the reigns of the alliance. He has been trying to rebuild it and redo everything that he has to from the ground up, so some suspicions will arise against anyone at any time if you are worried about your alliance. While it may all of just been short time paranoia it still warranted him to act alone in this matter.

[quote name='Geoffron X' date='27 May 2010 - 01:06 AM' timestamp='1274936789' post='2313179']
[/quote]

Yea that's why cherry picked log quotes usually fail miserably, without context a lot of meaning is lost. Though granted even with context the whole thing is still pretty funny.

[quote]
Despite the GGA's current reputation, the GGA has historically been much more politically savvy then VE.
[/quote]

If you mean latching onto the coat tails of whoever you think is the strongest instead of having the stones to carve your own path, then sure.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='27 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1274939010' post='2313218']
As of tonight, I have said we're going to roll 163 alliances in our backchannel ... and counting.

Egads!... 164 ... :ph34r:
[/quote]

Don't forget all the reciprocal threats you get every time you amsg us all :P

[quote name='AirMe' date='27 May 2010 - 04:50 AM' timestamp='1274932199' post='2313052']
Remember what NPO did to Vincent Xander back in GW3? That is what VE is trying to do to GGA here. A 3 line log does not a CB make. Stop trying to drag us back to 2007. The reason I know what the logs say? The member in question is now a member of Ronin. I assume that VE was pressing the issue and that is why JB has gone public with this.

Take my advice, VE, take your ball and go home and JB keep your head down and start the slow process of rebuilding GGA's name, because with all the dirt that is stuck to it, the road is very very long.
[/quote]

You assume VE is making CB because Brookbank goes public?
Really?

Edited by Free Quebec

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='27 May 2010 - 01:43 AM' timestamp='1274939010' post='2313218']
As of tonight, I have said we're going to roll 163 alliances in our backchannel ... and counting.

Egads!... 164 ... :ph34r:
[/quote]

That's Hoo for ya. All talk, no action.

[quote name='JackSkellington' date='26 May 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1274932309' post='2313054']
[2010-04-22 13:49:48] <Enyo> It's too bad we can't be the ones to roll the VE again.
[2010-04-22 13:50:09] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> Give it some time.
[2010-04-22 13:50:16] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> We just need to grow.[/quote]

[quote]
Alliance . . . . . . . . Total . . Active . . . Percent . . . . . . . . . Avg.
Name . . . . . . . . . . Nations . Nations. . . Active . . . Strength . . Strength . . Score . . Date
Grand Global Alliance . .58 . . . 38 . . . . . 66% . . . . 870,906 . . . 15,016 . . . 3.67 . . 4/1/2010
Grand Global Alliance . .58 . . . 40 . . . . . 69% . . . . 891,657 . . . 15,373 . . . 3.73 . . 5/26/2010
[/quote]

My apologies to those who think otherwise but the snippet above is obviously taken out of context from JB's complete comments. Based on my personal speculation of the potential revelations contained in the as of yet unrevealed text, I believe that JB was either being sarcastic or the statement itself is quite humerous. This is especially so when taken in combination with the statistics. In a few days shy of two months, GGA has managed to retain the same amount of nations while GGA's score only grew six one-hundredths of a point. Such lack-luster growth is not conducive to being a VE alliance killer. If time is what JB/GGA needs then they will need a bunch of it. If JB knows he needs a whole slue of time, then his statement was sarcastic. If JB is unaware of the amount of time needed, then the statement is a knee-slappin-belly-laffer. Either way, as has been repeatedly stated by Viridian government officials, VE cannot take it seriously. It is a "Meh" situation for VE. As I said, this is my own personal speculation. Some nations within (and without) the GGA may be less generous.

[quote name='BloodFury' date='26 May 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1274938550' post='2313207']
I don't know all the going ons in GGA or the world, but what I do know was what they did find was that Enyo leaked information. I had also heard a small rumor that Enyo may or may not have caused problems with the GPA. Again this is something I do not know, or if its factual or not. Prior to Enyo joining the GGA she had applied to Ronin, the alliance she is in now. She was accepted or to be accepted but turned it down to join GGA. Doesn't that raise suspicions even more when you find out that she had leaked information? Why a random jump to another alliance, when she wanted to join Ronin? Those are just some things to think about.

But they were obviously concerned that there was an informant inside of the GGA sometime after he arrival into the GGA. You also have to understand that GGA itself is still reforming since JB came back took the reigns of the alliance. He has been trying to rebuild it and redo everything that he has to from the ground up, so some suspicions will arise against anyone at any time if you are worried about your alliance. While it may all of just been short time paranoia it still warranted him to act alone in this matter.
[/quote]

I've never heard any rumors about the GPA, but that doesn't matter. Back in the day, I was going to join IRON because it looked like a great alliance and went with the VE because I preferred a smaller group and they seemed like a great group. Just because a person changes their mind means nothing.