An Announcement from the Grand Global Alliance

[quote name='Hydro' date='28 May 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1275075405' post='2314821']
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why VE gives a damn what GGA thinks of them. I mean really, if you know they're being mismanaged and have big internal issues why care if they are issuing private threats toward you? It's not like they have a hope in hell of acting upon those threats. For me this just seems like a non-sequitur issue. I'm not saying this was a brilliant move by JB, but I find your presence in this thread rather odd: you've come off as an overall respectful bunch of people, so why stupe to this level, for GGA of all people?
[/quote]
You have not read the thread, have you? We said about 50 times that we don't give a damn and never have.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='28 May 2010 - 02:43 PM' timestamp='1275075782' post='2314837']
You have not read the thread, have you? We said about 50 times that we don't give a damn and never have.
[/quote]

Luckily for all of us, Anu Drake cares.

[quote name='Hydro' date='28 May 2010 - 12:37 PM' timestamp='1275075405' post='2314821']
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm a bit perplexed as to why VE gives a damn what GGA thinks of them. I mean really, if you know they're being mismanaged and have big internal issues why care if they are issuing private threats toward you? It's not like they have a hope in hell of acting upon those threats. For me this just seems like a non-sequitur issue. I'm not saying this was a brilliant move by JB, but I find your presence in this thread rather odd: you've come off as an overall respectful bunch of people, so why stupe to this level, for GGA of all people?
[/quote]

If you read the thread VE doesn't care. I commended them on their restraint since I'd having a hard time holding my own nukes back after reading JB's comments.

[quote name='SonOfHoward' date='28 May 2010 - 02:55 PM' timestamp='1275076511' post='2314854']
If you read the thread VE doesn't care. I commended them on their restraint since I'd having a hard time holding my own nukes back after reading JB's comments.
[/quote]
First off, look who it is..Brookbank. the same guy who was all but begging \m/ and RoK for a treaty. now consider its GGA, while back in the day they did have NPO to prop them up(hurr WRCs) they no longer do nor do they have ANY political influence..hell they have ONE MDP+

If i were in VE i would probably have hurt myself laughing and be quite honored someone wants to make it their life goal to see us destroyed. Actually, JB, Wanna come destroy CSN? NSO hasnt made a thread about us in weeks and quite honestly im bored without Penkala around to cause some trouble and make people hate him

[quote name='Sooner' date='28 May 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1275072750' post='2314768']
I admit my knowledge of P_C was from just before his exit so it is very limited. I think I only had one conversation with him and it was less than tasteful. The point I was making however you did clarify very well. That is the reason why GGA was as successful as it was, since after P_C left, Bilrow had already been running the alliance and had it going at a nice even flow until almost a year later.

OOC: That he did and GGA's current leadership is eeking that way. That is why I mentioned that disgusting "myth" as you put it.
[/quote]

Now you lost me. Do you think P_C was a good leader? I guess you could say you knew where you stood when P_C was in charge. You stood on quicksand, knowing that he may blow a fuse every other day and get the alliance in trouble or risk a coup. The GGA experienced a stunningly smooth transition from P_C rule to the Triumvirate.

Wait, I think I get it now. Do you mean that when P_C was in charge things were good because no one took him seriously and someone else did the work for him? That's some ill earned praise :)

I used the word myth because it's mostly perpetuated by people who disliked the NPO back then or dislike the NPO these days. "GGA was great when it was on our side!". Since P_C was anti-NPO, they think he was great. GGA did not become a lesser alliance because they stopped being anti-NPO. That, in itself, is no indicator of the quality of leadership.

[quote name='pezstar' date='28 May 2010 - 10:17 AM' timestamp='1275067036' post='2314694']
The stuff here is pretty tame compared to some of the things STA said about Valhalla in the months after the noCB war. You can definitely tell the difference between [b]RAWR RAGE [/b]and "Ok, so here's what we're going to do about this pesky alliance we hate."
[/quote]

Im heartbroken ;_;

after all of our good times too :awesome:

Edited by chefjoe

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='28 May 2010 - 03:30 PM' timestamp='1275078607' post='2314875']
Now you lost me. Do you think P_C was a good leader? I guess you could say you knew where you stood when P_C was in charge. You stood on quicksand, knowing that he may blow a fuse every other day and get the alliance in trouble or risk a coup. The GGA experienced a stunningly smooth transition from P_C rule to the Triumvirate.

Wait, I think I get it now. Do you mean that when P_C was in charge things were good because no one took him seriously and someone else did the work for him? That's some ill earned praise :)

I used the word myth because it's mostly perpetuated by people who disliked the NPO back then or dislike the NPO these days. "GGA was great when it was on our side!". Since P_C was anti-NPO, they think he was great. GGA did not become a lesser alliance because they stopped being anti-NPO. That, in itself, is no indicator of the quality of leadership.
[/quote]

Now I think we're both on the same page here.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='28 May 2010 - 04:30 PM' timestamp='1275078607' post='2314875']

[/quote]

Pretty telling when that's the highest praise you can come up with for the entire history of an alliances leadership.

Well, we'll have to disagree. Right around UJW, GGA had enormous influence and was a major contributor in the formation of ~. That is a major accomplishment. VE had disbanded that year and only came back when GGA accomplished what it set out to do in that war. I'll give them credit for that, which is more than I'd say for most of the alliances that have graced this world.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='28 May 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1275089464' post='2315050']
Well, we'll have to disagree. Right around UJW, GGA had enormous influence and was a major contributor in the formation of ~. That is a major accomplishment. VE had disbanded that year and only came back when GGA accomplished what it set out to do in that war. I'll give them credit for that, which is more than I'd say for most of the alliances that have graced this world.
[/quote]

Considering the infamous "why we don't need WRC" line, I think its fair to say GGA's power and influence were largely a loaner from NPO.

[quote name='Sooner' date='28 May 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1275072750' post='2314768']
I admit my knowledge of P_C was from just before his exit so it is very limited. I think I only had one conversation with him and it was less than tasteful. The point I was making however you did clarify very well. That is the reason why GGA was as successful as it was, since after P_C left, Bilrow had already been running the alliance and had it going at a nice even flow until almost a year later.

OOC: That he did and GGA's current leadership is eeking that way. That is why I mentioned that disgusting "myth" as you put it.
[/quote]
People always forget the awesome effort Kevin The Great contributed to GGA. *I still love his order to GGA to raid unaligned as protest to Walford and CNARF*
Kevin totally revamped the GGA military machine, and yeah, back in the day they weren't to shabby.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='28 May 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1275094002' post='2315103']
People always forget the awesome effort Kevin The Great contributed to GGA. *I still love his order to GGA to raid unaligned as protest to Walford and CNARF*
Kevin totally revamped the GGA military machine, and yeah, back in the day they weren't to shabby.
[/quote]

Hey now I got punished for my part in that as well. Show me some love.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='28 May 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1275094684' post='2315117']
That's it?

Talk about a slow news day.
[/quote]

The real purpose of this thread is JB is trying to cozy up to and treaty Gre, by creating drama to alleviate some of the crap Gre is getting.

[quote name='Bilrow' date='28 May 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1275094521' post='2315114']
[/quote]
You'll always be my most despised, Bill-baby. :wub:

[quote name='goldielax25' date='28 May 2010 - 08:06 PM' timestamp='1275095162' post='2315127']
The real purpose of this thread is JB is trying to cozy up to and treaty Gre, by creating drama to alleviate some of the crap Gre is getting.
[/quote]

Goldie, don't go giving JB ideas now! He might actually think it would be good advise from VE. Next thing we'll know is that he's got his own twitter feed telling the entire world how evil we are and venting at you...

[quote name='Bilrow' date='29 May 2010 - 12:55 AM' timestamp='1275094521' post='2315114']
[/quote]
Did I read that right? The most loathed man in our universe wants some love? Has the world turned on its head.

<3 Bilrow

[quote name='Sooner' date='28 May 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1275101101' post='2315207']
Goldie, don't go giving JB ideas now! He might actually think it would be good advise from VE. Next thing we'll know is that he's got his own twitter feed telling the entire world how evil we are and venting at you...
[/quote]
If this actually works, then let me know.

I'll get JB doing something even funnier :)

[quote name='TypoNinja' date='29 May 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1275093567' post='2315100']
Considering the infamous "why we don't need WRC" line, I think its fair to say GGA's power and influence were largely a loaner from NPO.
[/quote]

I think it's fair to say you're wrong, considering how UJW took the NPO by surprise and the GGA was involved in it from the start. Again, you're using popular catchphrases and superficial knowledge whilst ignoring major events in history. If it makes you happy, more power to you.

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='29 May 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1275109519' post='2315299']
I think it's fair to say you're wrong, considering how UJW took the NPO by surprise and the GGA was involved in it from the start. Again, you're using popular catchphrases and superficial knowledge whilst ignoring major events in history. If it makes you happy, more power to you.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I wasn't here for the UJW, but my general view of GGA is low for a variety of reasons. When comparing what I know of GGA, namely the GCW as a recruiting tool, and their current state, its kind of hard to hold an imagine of an effective and successful alliance in my mind.

You say it wasn't always so, I'll take your word for it, but I hope you understand where my skepticism comes from :P

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='29 May 2010 - 03:05 PM' timestamp='1275109519' post='2315299']
[/quote]

So?

GGA played the bully for a very long time, and the stick they used to play bully was the threat of involving their allies. For the majority of that time, their most feared ally was Pacifica. A relatively brief period when they were closer to Polaris than Pacifica doesnt change the pattern they are remembered for.

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Mussolandia' date='29 May 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1275109519' post='2315299']
[/quote]
I've always credited Polaris for UJW far more than GGA. Sponge got that ball rolling right after GCW from what I'd heard and read.

Truth is such a fickle harlot.