Declaration From The Independent Republic of Orange Nations

duelking

The only chain that matters Pezstar, is the one that TOP keeps them on.

They really do seem to have the longest running relationship of that nature in history. You have to give them points for consistency. Good for you guys! 

Time to recycle old propaganda?

Uu4NCBE.gif

See? They're doing us a favor. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I'd see the day where D34th actually makes me happy.

You sir have won the applause of the day. Cheers.

The fact that you applause me just when it's convenient to you and your alliance tell a lot about your character. 

Hey IRON, I hear you'll be countering us against NADC, an alliance you have no ties to whatsoever. I just wanted to let you know that we're looking forward to seeing what sort of absurd chains you pull off to make that happen! Good luck!

I'm curious... do any IRON members actually think that any of this is a good political move?  Or better yet, not a disastrous political move?

Good diplomacy/politic is about how actions are perceived, and not how they are justified.  Are IRON members blind to how most of CN views these actions?

I'm curious... do any IRON members actually think that any of this is a good political move?  Or better yet, not a disastrous political move?

Good diplomacy/politic is about how actions are perceived, and not how they are justified.  Are IRON members blind to how most of CN views these actions?

We're not blind to it, we just don't care.

But also, I don't think "most of CN" sees it the same way you do.

I find this particularly funny, considering how your own position on how the war should end shifted so dramatically in the final days. One day you were wanting to continue dragging down Umbrella/MK for at least a few more rounds, and then the next you were screaming about your pixels and the war needing to end Right Now. I believe there were even a few additional surrenders taking pressure off of AI between your complete 180 position shift. 

It is sad to see IRON fail so spectacularly here. And ODN is right to claim superiority here. Seems IRON had no intention of honoring their treaty, and the way they are entering this war is pathetic.

My position was that we should continue the war as a war if the cost was deemed by leadership to be worth the damage we would take as an alliance and that position was shared by many in the Valhalla faction within AI.  However, others, including AI leadership at the time, insisted on turning the conflict into gladiator sport starring AI and Umbrella through a so-called "extended war" period.  At that point I was done.  I left the better part of my nation on the battlefield in that fight and I was going to be damned if I was going to continue to fight Umbrella simply for the amusement of others.  My position on that issue never changed nor shifted even once--it is a matter of principle.  

That said, I did at one point propose something of a compromise, which would have allowed those who wanted to continue to fight under the proposed "extended war" terms to step up and volunteer, and allow those who were pretty much burned out after weeks on end of declaring up on enemy nations to sit things out in PM.  That proposal was ignored by AI leadership.  Instead the "extended war" terms were dropped completely.

Your analysis of the current fight in regards to IRON makes no sense, not just because it's wrong, because you so casually throw an AI ally under the bus.

We're not blind to it, we just don't care.

But also, I don't think "most of CN" sees it the same way you do.

I think there will come a day when you do care, and that day may come sooner then you think. The fact that you are oblivious pretty much confirms what everybody thinks, IRON doesn't have a fucking clue.

By no means are we unaware of the various sentiments here on the open boards. Other than mildly annoying, they aren't particularly worrisome. It's unsurprising that many of the heated opinions, though not all, come from those who only know of IRON from what's posted on the OWF. Good diplomacy certainly isn't done here on the public forums. If you'd like chat about member opinions (varied as they are, with 300 plus members), feel free to stop by our forums.

Well, this is interesting. You Won't find me harboring any Love for TOP, or NG, or TLR, or NPO, or NpO. Heck, I don't know the first thing about any of them tbh. all I know is there are allys on both sides of the war. There are mixed opionions, and while one person may like say, NG, anouther don't, while, somebody, say me, don't like TOP, somebody else may. it happens. It sounds like to me, if IRON defended every ally, well, IRON would be third party in this war declaring on both sides of the war. Witch would be interesting I wont lie. But thats not whats happening. Plus, this is the consul decision, its not mine. 

Oh, I know they do. 

Perspective is a funny thing, I don't share yours for example.   IRON made a move, whether it is good or bad will remain to be seen.   The loss of the NPO link will not hurt them at this time and losing NG would be considered a bonus to me.  I am sure that NG would have a different perspective of course.

It is sad to see IRON fail so spectacularly here. And ODN is right to claim superiority here. Seems IRON had no intention of honoring their treaty, and the way they are entering this war is pathetic.

They should have declared on TLR before they entered the war.  That's the honorable way to do it!

The problem here was signing a treaty with NG in the first place.

My position was that we should continue the war as a war if the cost was deemed by leadership to be worth the damage we would take as an alliance and that position was shared by many in the Valhalla faction within AI.  However, others, including AI leadership at the time, insisted on turning the conflict into gladiator sport starring AI and Umbrella through a so-called "extended war" period.  At that point I was done.  I left the better part of my nation on the battlefield in that fight and I was going to be damned if I was going to continue to fight Umbrella simply for the amusement of others.  My position on that issue never changed nor shifted even once--it is a matter of principle.  

That said, I did at one point propose something of a compromise, which would have allowed those who wanted to continue to fight under the proposed "extended war" terms to step up and volunteer, and allow those who were pretty much burned out after weeks on end of declaring up on enemy nations to sit things out in PM.  That proposal was ignored by AI leadership.  Instead the "extended war" terms were dropped completely.

Your analysis of the current fight in regards to IRON makes no sense, not just because it's wrong, because you so casually throw an AI ally under the bus.

There never was a "gladiator sport" aspect to it. The terms were pretty much, "most of the Umbrella/MK allies get white peace now, everyone else gets to dogpile Umbrella/MK for a while." So pretty much you were fine with hitting down on a bunch of mid-tier nations, so you would not have to strain your pixels. When the peace talks went in the direction of the original war goals (i.e. knock down Doomhouse), you flipped out.

And please do tell me, exactly which ally am I throwing under the bus? Things have changed since your merry little band decided to go back on their word. I have not thrown any allies under the bus.

Oh, snort, snort, Os.  You got caught with your pants around your ankles.  It's OK, it's what I do, you're not the first, you're most assuredly not the last.  Here's your belt, now pull those trousers up and vacate the premises, you never had a chance.

Nope that was GATO's move. We asked ODN to come along they didn't like it...hated it in fact but had no choice as the treaty was binding. We told this fact to Sparta numerous times but they didn't care for the truth. I wonder if you still do?

Nope that was GATO's move. We asked ODN to come along they didn't like it...hated it in fact but had no choice as the treaty was binding. We told this fact to Sparta numerous times but they didn't care for the truth. I wonder if you still do?

What truth? You pre-empted an alliance and used our ally to hit our blocmate to do so. MA has nothing to do with it, because you both optionally chose to pre-empt an alliance not at war. That would be a sore spot on any alliances reputation. The fact that you or anyone else in CnG thought that was a remotely good idea goes to show how delirious CnG was under MK rule. The fact that CnG is trying to play the situation with IRON off as somehow different is cute, but a tired game. You wonder why sparta was so pissed. All you had to say was, "yeah we made an extremely poor choice", but nope. Here we are years later, in denial that any wrongdoing was done because of the irrelevant significance of a "MA" clause, despite complaining about IRON when they took a move out of your playbook!

Don't mind me if I get in the way slurping up tears. I just can't help myself.

webfoxiedrinktubestrawb.jpg

Edited by Enamel32