Declaration From The Independent Republic of Orange Nations

duelking

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comments here by my standards are hardly worth the bandwidth to comment on, yet I reply anyway.   <_<

NPO's former emperor, Brehon, though a lot of C&G.  So much, he pissed off some his allies in order to get you better terms at the end of the last war.  Now unless he was having imaginary conversations with people, I'm going to assume that you at least made an effort to make sure he knew the feeling was mutual.  Yet here we are some months later, and save perhaps for GATO's war dec on Invicta, where's the cavalry riding over the hill to rescue Pacifica?  You do have a treaty with them right?  as does TLR.  Sure they are optional treaties in your case and TLR's, but NPO was under attack after coming to NSO's aid long before you were involved in this fight.  Did you even offer to help NPO?

You made a choice to favor one treaty or set of treaties over another.  You picked a front to fight on and that was the end of it.  That's all I see IRON doing here.  Yeah you complain bitterly about IRON doing something you yourself have done.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. All of our allies were informed that we were at their service, and just tell us when and where.  We were asked to enter where we were by all of our allies together sitting in a room.  The thinking being that when we entered we would attract a large amount of ns... as we did.   I also think our conduct in the last three wars have clearly demonstrated we are not out for protecting our own skin.  As that is three wars in a row without flinching we have faced off against enemies outnumbering us many times over. Gladly.  As we will again in the future i'm sure. 

Ohh and incidentally what alliance were you in last war?  AI i'm guessing?  Since I heard from NPO, AI, and IRON at the start of the war all saying their hope was for the only terms to be a handshake and their goal wasn't punishment .  I also heard that from the leader of your current alliance.  So i'm not sure what you are raving about.  Maybe they were just saying that for PR reasons?  But I took them at their word.

Least we forget, it was ODN and Umbrella who chose to not defend Sparta when MK's propaganda machine was plotting against us and our allies.

Actually, get your facts straight.  It was your kings that came to us and asked that neither one of us activate our treaties in the coming war since we would be on opposite sides, but not to worry since post war Sparta would be leaving XX afterwards.

It was also your kings by the bye who cancelled the treaty without ever asking ODN for help.  ::shrugs:: which we made clear to our allies at the time in the war coalition we would have to honor if they did ask.  Which is probably why they held off hitting you so long.  I wont pretend I wasnt happy you never asked for help.  I was.  But you also never asked for it.

Interestingly, from what I heard.. from your own leaders... Sparta had no intention of honoring their ODN treaty no matter what in that war.

Or TLDR: people living in glass houses shouldnt be quick to throw stones

Interestingly, from what I heard.. from your own leaders... Sparta had no intention of honoring their ODN treaty no matter what in that war.

Honoring the ODN treaty? Last I recall ODN didn't need defending in that war considering we were grossly outnumbered by Pillowfort.

I'd respond to the rest of your post, but I suspect Tulak is the only who'd have any knowledge of the situation, and he's long gonneeee.

Oh good god this is hilarious. I thought the age of e-lawyers had finally ended. Oh how I was wrong... so very wrong. As much as I dislike TLR, the fact that they are essentially taking IRON's place in defending an ally is quite telling.

Edited by SpacingOutMan

Breaking news: GATO comments on another alliance's cowardice. Join in at 11 for "Sun warns that stoves can be dangerously hot"!

Anyway, Argent have fought on the same side as IRON since post-Karma. It's a pleasure of doing it once again friends. Much love <3

inser clip of john stewart making a joke that Omni, as leader of GATO dropped NSO during a war. Pause for audience response.

Actually, get your facts straight.  It was your kings that came to us and asked that neither one of us activate our treaties in the coming war since we would be on opposite sides, but not to worry since post war Sparta would be leaving XX afterwards.

It was also your kings by the bye who cancelled the treaty without ever asking ODN for help.  ::shrugs:: which we made clear to our allies at the time in the war coalition we would have to honor if they did ask.  Which is probably why they held off hitting you so long.  I wont pretend I wasnt happy you never asked for help.  I was.  But you also never asked for it.

Wow... Just wow, your effort to rewrite history is pathetic..

I really wonder if you really believe in all that... If so than this is pathologic...

ODN has really to be completely shameless to criticize Iron. At least IRON intervention against loss wouldnt have change anything.

Wow... Just wow, your effort to rewrite history is pathetic..

I really wonder if you really believe in all that... If so than this is pathologic...

ODN has really to be completely shameless to criticize Iron. At least IRON intervention against loss wouldnt have change anything.

Except, you know, help out their ally. LoSS isn't in a lot of wars with NG, but any relief is great when you are getting pounded.  IRON could have honored both agreements with ease here, given their size and the amount of people on TLR.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Perhaps you should refer back to the OP and remember that IRON declared on TLR which is indirectly putting more pressure on us.

I thought it was a great idea. Especially considering NG's treatment of people. 

Another o/ for IRON

o/ IRON

:wub:

Edited by Rotavele

What the hell are you on about? CnG is fighting in this war and has not shied away from damage, nor tried to deny obligations to get in on the winning side. Do they need to specifically be fighting the same alliances fighting us for it to "count"? War coalitions deploy people according to a strategy, not a "let's all go for the first treaty activated".

Silly Pacifican...even now you don't get it.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. All of our allies were informed that we were at their service, and just tell us when and where.  We were asked to enter where we were by all of our allies together sitting in a room.  The thinking being that when we entered we would attract a large amount of ns... as we did.   I also think our conduct in the last three wars have clearly demonstrated we are not out for protecting our own skin.  As that is three wars in a row without flinching we have faced off against enemies outnumbering us many times over. Gladly.  As we will again in the future i'm sure. 

Ohh and incidentally what alliance were you in last war?  AI i'm guessing?  Since I heard from NPO, AI, and IRON at the start of the war all saying their hope was for the only terms to be a handshake and their goal wasn't punishment .  I also heard that from the leader of your current alliance.  So i'm not sure what you are raving about.  Maybe they were just saying that for PR reasons?  But I took them at their word.

Your reputation is well known, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  You also not on trial here, except in that you claim superiority over IRON, which is laughable.  That has been my point all along--you are here bashing IRON for no good reason.

As for the last war, what you state was true regarding some very early conversations that took place between IRON, AI, and NPO.  Things changed as the more alliances were brought into the mix and the war became ever more bloody.  Indeed by the end of the conflict there was a fair amount of finger pointing and accusations internally at AI and that was in part what spawned the second incarnation of Valhalla.  While the war ended in a EQ victory, you won't find a single person in the know who was particularly happy with how it was planned, executed, or even how it ended particularly.

I still haven't gotten an answer on why it is IRON's responsibility to look after NG's broader coalition.

Also, James, it might be time to update your forum profile after 213 days spent at NG. Just saying.

IRON's responsibility is to honour their obligation to NG, if you wanted NG to discharge that obligation then you had to broker terms between LoSS and NG that were acceptable to NG. Entering peace negotiations does not nearly satisfy the defence clause in the Forge accords which states:

"There are times when it will be needed to lend a hammer or a shield forged from this treaty. Should any third party strike the shield of either signatory then the other will duly cast his hammer upon them".

But then you already new that because I already told you in the IRON embassy.

King Louis the II, I would think that Osravan would know rather more of what occurred than you as he was directly involved at the time, were you a king of Sparta at the time? As was said by another Spartan, the only member of Sparta that can comment on that is Tulak, as I believe he was king at the time. 

In addition, I do think IRON has cut their own toes off with a scythe here.

Edited by Geerland

King
Louis the II, I would think that Osravan would know rather more of what occurred than you as he was directly involved at the time, were you a king of Sparta at the time? As was said by another Spartan, the only member of Sparta that can comment on that is Tulak, as I believe he was king at the time. 

In addition, I do think IRON has cut their own toes off with a scythe here.

Well, the statements OS has made in that post are clearly....strange.

He said we didn't plan on defending ODN. Of course we didn't. ODN wasn't the alliance getting curbstomped. He said we didn't request help, and then said we asked them to stay out.  I highly doubt that.  Unless it was like, an ingest fuck you you pricks, because it was pretty well known TLR and hence CnG where for months, large contributors to the MK coalition. To suggest ODN was going to enter the war on behalf of XX is laughable. I can't explicitly prove what OS is sayng is wrong, but it certainly smells like a warped perspective.

OS made those comments knowing full well and good they're unprovable except by a select few people. That doesn't necessarily make them true.

EDIT: Good lord, this quote system is awful

Edited by Enamel32