Just an ordinary DoW

EgoFreaky

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chaoshawk' timestamp='1358837317' post='3083381']
It is amusing the, "attack on one is an attack on all" coalition was made to avoid us from picking our battles, but the same coalition tip-toes around treaties. I did enjoy something to laugh about, however. So, thanks!
[/quote]

Yeah I have no idea what that's like, oh wait no I do know what that's like, that's the last 2 years for me.

We don't care who wants to "E-lawyer" what argument, we're here for our allies who have helped us some many times when we were the target of a war against impossible odds. We'll help them to the very end and have a good time on the way.

ODN you guys have lot of people I like so I hope we fight this out in the right spirit and enjoy a beer afterwards.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1358836618' post='3083353']
I believe the "standard of war" flew out the door with the MK's NPO pre-empt. If you want to start a reform movement go ahead though. I'm behind you 100% friend.
[/quote]
It's still a bit... say, awkward to attack us by saying you want to reform this world and the policies we have helped institute and then do so while using the same policies, if not new ones (undeclaring wars, bandwagons).

Another awkward point is how long your side has spent saying MK are the ultimate villains, that they'd get their comeuppance, that Fungicide (2012... 2013) was coming and yet see nobody DoW on them. It's as if Karma - the other major "reform" movement - had been started by DoW'ing on all the Hegemony, save the NPO.

I welcome the wars, just find the rhetoric a bit curious, given everything.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1358833987' post='3083249']
Pretty rich to see a blanket dec retracted and hastily rewritten.

Also pretty rich to see RoK and GOD on the same side.
[/quote]

Pretty rich that Sardonic sits in ZI and his AA is the only one in DH not to come out and take up defense of it's bloc.

I guess "EVERYTHING MUST DIE" only applies when everything isn't GOONS.

Good to know.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1358840152' post='3083439']
It's still a bit... say, awkward to attack us by saying you want to reform this world and the policies we have helped institute and then do so while using the same policies, if not new ones (undeclaring wars, bandwagons).
[/quote]

We fought monsters and became monsters
We stared into the abyss and it stared back into us

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1358839883' post='3083435']
We, the undersigned, finally find our manhoods stapled to Anarchy Inc's back, after having them repeatedly trod on by CnG.
[/quote]

That's a damn weird mental image, though I think Nascar would enjoy that

[quote name='smurthwaite' timestamp='1358840981' post='3083444']
Pretty rich that Sardonic sits in ZI and his AA is the only one in DH not to come out and take up defense of it's bloc.

I guess "EVERYTHING MUST DIE" only applies when everything isn't GOONS.

Good to know.
[/quote]

I hear there's a shortage of Dongs going around...

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1358841071' post='3083445']
We fought monsters and became monsters
We stared into the abyss and it stared back into us
[/quote]

I don't mind, it means we finally get an end to the facetious claims about morality being rolled around here and the holier-then-thou image. Fight however you want with 22 alliances vs 2, but don't sit there posturing like you're upholding some sort of standard.

oh wow that's a lot, i should surrender. :ehm:

How delightfully un-bureaucratic, nice to see LSF had some influence on all of you stiff & proper alliances, barring of course the "lol randumb" alliances (and the ole fashioned "just dumb" alliances).

This was going to be my last war before retirement but just to spite you all, assuming the International is defeated (given your collective track record and competency I doubt it) I vow myself to continue fighting each and every one of you to the last point of infrastructure. Mark my words, it is Victory or Valhalla in the Union of Nordland.

[quote name='Pingu' timestamp='1358837401' post='3083385']
If you wish to spare yourself all that pain and effort, you can surrender now. I believe the terms at this stage are quite light. Set AA to "Fear Boner POW" and we'll take it from there.
[/quote]

I will be out of PM tomorrow so if you would be so gracious as to send some of your members to collect my surrender I would be ever so grateful ;)

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1358833523' post='3083221']
As I teach people..Rules, Respect and Responsibility. Why don't you put the original DoW back up and stick by your word? Hopefully I get to kick in the teeth of a few people on this list.
[/quote]

I remember a time you used to sing a very different tune.

Too bad

[quote name='Crownguard' timestamp='1358841897' post='3083462']
I don't mind, it means we finally get an end to the facetious claims about morality being rolled around here and the holier-then-thou image. Fight however you want with 22 alliances vs 2, but don't sit there posturing like you're upholding some sort of standard.
[/quote]

You must have me mistaken for someone else, I lost my sense of fair play somewhere in 2011.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1358840152' post='3083439']

It's still a bit... say, awkward to attack us by saying you want to reform this world and the policies we have helped institute and then do so while using the same policies
[/quote]

Interesting argument so I will refute it. If a mugger uses force to try and overcome a man, he is clearly committing an evil. If the attacked man uses force in order to protect himself, he is morally justified. Only once the attacked man can extricate himself from the situation should he no longer use force on the mugger. So it is basically the intent and not the action itself which is wrong. DH and it's allies set precedents that some people considered wrong. However, it does not follow that these same people are wrong by using those same tools to overcome those precedents as I just shown by analogy. Only when the threat of those actions are gone would it be wrong to use them. IfI we were to use them in order to maintain power then we would become a slave to power, and it is something I would oppose. As of now power is our slave though- our tool.

Furthermore, those wishing to take down MK have no moral narritve as you claim. Some do, some don't, some pretend not to but do and some pretend to but do not, it is what postmodern philosophers would call "a multitude". We have no "grand narrative" of how we are going to right where Karma went wrong. Nor the other narrative you try and attribute to us that we are setting up a new Pacifican Empire. Nor are we a Super friends conspiracy. Our coalition has no such uniform goals. It is basically a sort of a reaction or a reflex. In fact, I like that deffinition. It illicits a picture of Umbrella punching the knee of AI only to get a swift reflex kick from Equlibrium.

Ultimately, we just wish to be heard even though we say different things. Although that narrows it too much also. In that spirit, Equilibrium (whoever came up with that) is a good name.

After this war I wish the two parties would come together and establish certain principles based on a common experience of both bitter defeat and the elations of victory. However, this is nothing more than a naive dream of mine.

I hope this helps you in understanding why your argument is terrible flawed. Thanks for the question!

Edited by Omniscient1

Hail Equilibrium! Your grave is ready for you Oranges and Commies. ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ NADC[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ MCXA[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ CCC[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ TTK[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ CRAP[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ GOD[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ RnR[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Invicta[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Sparta[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Legion[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ NpO[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Fark[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Avalanche[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ MHA[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ RIA[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ LSF[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]o/ Ragnarok[/font][/color]

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1358844174' post='3083500']

Interesting argument so I will refute it. If a mugger uses force to try and overcome a man, he is clearly committing an evil. If the attacked man uses force in order to protect himself, he is morally justified. Only once the attacked man can extricate himself from the situation should he no longer use force on the mugger. So it is basically the intent and not the action itself which is wrong. DH and it's allies set precedents that some people considered wrong. However, it does not follow that these same people are wrong by using those same tools to overcome those precedents as I just shown by analogy. Only when the threat of those actions are gone would it be wrong to use them. IfI we were to use them in order to maintain power then we would become a slave to power, and it is something I would oppose. As of now power is our slave though- our tool.

Furthermore, those wishing to take down MK have no moral narritve as you claim. Some do, some don't, some pretend not to but do and some pretend to but do not, it is what postmodern philosophers would call "a multitude". We have no "grand narrative" of how we are going to right where Karma went wrong. Nor the other narrative you try and attribute to us that we are setting up a new Pacifican Empire. Nor are we a Super friends conspiracy. Our coalition has no such uniform goals. It is basically a sort of a reaction or a reflex. In fact, I like that deffinition. It illicits a picture of Umbrella punching the knee of AI only to get a swift reflex kick from Equlibrium.

Ultimately, we just wish to be heard even though we say different things. Although that narrows it too much also. In that spirit, Equilibrium (whoever came up with that) is a good name.

After this war I wish the two parties would come together and establish certain principles based on a common experience of both bitter defeat and the elations of victory. However, this is nothing more than a naive dream of mine.

I hope this helps you in understanding why your argument is terrible flawed. Thanks for the question!
[/quote]

I love that this war brings forward proven failures like Omni - guys with a pedigree of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory - and makes them feel relevant for a brief time on the coattails of those with more initiative. Glad you found an aa inactive enough to let you screw up again - but don't worry, back to irrelevance no matter who wins.