Just an ordinary DoW

EgoFreaky

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' timestamp='1358835220' post='3083303']
Haven't we done enough on the standard of how a war should be fought. The absolute last bit of thought and planning has been drained out of it with this new style Q has going on here, are we really 'undeclaring' war now?
[/quote]

I believe the "standard of war" flew out the door with the MK's NPO pre-empt. If you want to start a reform movement go ahead though. I'm behind you 100% friend.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1358836390' post='3083347']
Doesn't change the fact you declared on TOP and MK. I don't remember either of us accepting your surrender so per your coalitions original declaration we are still at war.
[/quote]

And do you really think NG is going to declare on this coalition because of a misworded DoW?

No. This whole thing is a futile effort to get NG on your side. I mean, if you want to stress this point, MK can go ahead and start attacking all ~16 alliances. We won't mind.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1358836319' post='3083345']
Honestly curious, have you lost a war since WoTC?
[/quote]

Lets see....GW3, UJW, noCB....lost a bunch of "diplomatic border skirmishes" with Continuum....spent the better part of 2 years behind a diplomatic black curtain where people were going around telling people they would be attacked or dropped if they signed with the alliance I was in. That enough experience for you?

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1358833523' post='3083221']
As I teach people..Rules, Respect and Responsibility. Why don't you put the original DoW back up and stick by your word? Hopefully I get to kick in the teeth of a few people on this list.
[/quote]

You and me both, my friend.

Have fun, kids.

Edited by Ayatollah Bromeini

Doesn't change the fact you declared on TOP and MK. I don't remember either of us accepting your surrender so per your coalitions original declaration we are still at war.
[/quote]

I'm in NSO, so no, I haven't.

But I know what you meant. And, no, given the quick correction combined with, you know, no in-game wars.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1358836660' post='3083355']

Lets see....GW3, UJW, noCB....lost a bunch of "diplomatic border skirmishes" with Continuum....spent the better part of 2 years behind a diplomatic black curtain where people were going around telling people they would be attacked or dropped if they signed with the alliance I was in. That enough experience for you?
[/quote]

Translation: No.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1358836659' post='3083354']

And do you really think NG is going to declare on this coalition because of a misworded DoW?

No. This whole thing is a futile effort to get NG on your side. I mean, if you want to stress this point, MK can go ahead and start attacking all ~16 alliances. We won't mind.
[/quote]
I never said anything about NG. I just find the whole thing amusing.

[/quote]
Let's see the counters then.
Please.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1358836660' post='3083355']
[/quote]

Just curious as to whether you'd been on the losing side of one of the Karma onward 90+ day nuke fests.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1358836618' post='3083353']

I believe the "standard of war" flew out the door with the MK's NPO pre-empt. If you want to start a reform movement go ahead though. I'm behind you 100% friend.
[/quote]

The pre-empt movement was certainly a blow, but quite a bit remained. You have to admit this pretty much drains it to zero though.

[quote name='Vol Navy' timestamp='1358837157' post='3083372']
Just curious as to whether you'd been on the losing side of one of the Karma onward 90+ day nuke fests.
[/quote]

So is this a "your oppression" was worse than "my oppression" contest we have going on? Because it doesn't serve either of us well to go on like that.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' timestamp='1358836659' post='3083354']

No. This whole thing is a futile effort to get NG on your side.[/quote]

Yeah, there's no way NG would use this situation to declare war on the alliances we love so much in this DoW.

[quote name='Ogaden' timestamp='1358836704' post='3083358']
Please MK, carry on this semantic argument all the way to the war screens.
[/quote]

It is amusing the, "attack on one is an attack on all" coalition was made to avoid us from picking our battles, but the same coalition tip-toes around treaties. I did enjoy something to laugh about, however. So, thanks!

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1358837103' post='3083369']
The DoW now accurately reflects the defense on the ground. TPF cant DoW INT.
[/quote]

That was indeed awkward...

Edited by Chaoshawk

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1358836584' post='3083352']
The end result will be the same.
[/quote]

If you wish to spare yourself all that pain and effort, you can surrender now. I believe the terms at this stage are quite light. Set AA to "Fear Boner POW" and we'll take it from there.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1358837339' post='3083382']
I came to the conclusion that this war is entirely NG fault, had NG signed a treaty with all alliances nobody would dare to attack each other in fear of NG counter-attack.
[/quote]
Agreed, NG is the scariest alliance in the game. They're so evil that they make GOONs die of envy. Let us forget this all happened and destroy the true enemy.

[quote name='AirMe' timestamp='1358837273' post='3083378']
So is this a "your oppression" was worse than "my oppression" contest we have going on? Because it doesn't serve either of us well to go on like that.
[/quote]

Never mentioned oppression at all. Just making a point that being on the receiving end of 90 days worth of nukes while outnumbered 4-5:1 is a bit more harsh than pre-nuke wars or the glorious 12 days of fighting in WoTC MK endured before waving the white flag.

Most of the nations on this side of the coalition know what that's like. Most on your side have never experienced it.