MK Foreign Policy

brickyard

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1355612953' post='3064258']
As to DT: I like Dark Templar and have for a long time. I don't hang out on their forums because I "fear that NG will abandon [us]." Bob is a very cool guy. I've known Farnsworth since we, one and then the other, conquered the moon. They're great people. I have no expectation of a treaty soon, but I'd love to be able to work more closely with my damn friends again.[/quote]

I can confirm this as true except for the part about Bob being very cool. :awesome: He comes because of his IC man-crush on me. :ehm: He especially likes that I end every sentence with an emoticon. :psyduck:

I suppose, for my own amusement, I'll have a go at hypothesizing why Brickyard concluded what he did in the OP; what Brickyard stated as what he thought was the views of MK was probably indeed the views of the total cynics, of which there is no shortage of within MK, indeed I would consider cynicism to be the mainstream internal view of MK members. Being a cynic is pretty much part of the culture. If you can point out good reasons why an alliance is terrible, you will receive kudos, etc, and if you try to point out good reasons why an alliance is not so terrible after all, you're likely to just be told to shut up. From my brief stint within MK, what stood out for me was that the government of MK generally just tried to make sure things didn't go completely overboard; almost never attempting to actually thoroughly correct the cynicism with information or logs pertaining to what was really going on behind the scenes, and I imagine this is because it would have clashed with the culture of cynicism. MK may be pretty up front to the membership on their overall political plan (IE "lets not hand out CBs for now because this will get us rolled"), but on specifics between MK and various individual alliances, especially on the fringes of their "sphere", details were sketchy and best and utterly non existent in many cases.

From what I saw of MK/GATO relations as merely a member, as an example, one would have determined that the MK membership thinks Lanore is a terrible poster, CnG really shouldn't have let GATO in, and that's about it. One would certainly not have concluded that MK and GATO are working behind the scenes on strategic political stuff, and I imagine that MK, the alliance most capable at getting their own way in the world, would certainly have a significant channel of discussion with GATO, or be doing their best to ensure one is there to help conflict with whatever the NPO and co are hoping that GATO does before the next war. Combine with any number of people that aren't the shiniest shoes on the rack, and we have a post like this.

[img]https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/492411631/gold_bars_reasonably_small.jpg[/img]
24k gold! It's everywhere!

I'm glad to see MK has their head on straight in regards to their FA agenda. I think one of the best ways to be successful at anything, is to correctly call a situation the way it is, whether you openly admit the truth or not. Doesn't say much about their allies though.

Best of luck bricky. Thanks for the laughs!

[quote name='Angelus Beck' timestamp='1355703630' post='3064751']
Oh we love you too RV. *Hugs RV*
[/quote]

RV without the NPO would be like Wiley Coyote without the Road Runner.

[quote name='Icewolf' timestamp='1355676769' post='3064582']
So whilst in the short term this can inform member views, in the long term it can reduce the amount of information available.
[/quote]

The issue is that this happened many many years ago and no real information is passed down to members at all, which has caused overall apathy in the game except fro those that actually get into the back channels (and those like me who can entertain themselves with little to nothing).

Not in it, voted 1.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1355672339' post='3064570']
You know why things like this is bad for the community? Because rank-and-vile members will get cut off of information the more threads like this one happen. I think the last thing you want to do is get our communities more bored by withholding them information. I understand that others will claim that this thread just give the rank-and-vile of the whole community some 'privy' information but it's self-defeating.

This is in poor taste and I consider this a character flaw of said leaders.
[/quote]
I think I'm going to start using the term "rank and vile" now, thanks.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1355775671' post='3065073']
Was hoping for a more detailed view of my alliance. So jealous that NG got my airtime.
[/quote]

As the true shadow gov of TOP aren't you the only one with access to that information?

In a tangentially related matter, I propose that we nominate and vote "Player of the Year" based on how many times they've come up in a "leak" or "dramanations" type thread. I feel that this is a purely objective standard that will lead to a fair and universally accepted result.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1355781704' post='3065114']
In a tangentially related matter, I propose that we nominate and vote "Player of the Year" based on how many times they've come up in a "leak" or "dramanations" type thread. I feel that this is a purely objective standard that will lead to a fair and universally accepted result.
[/quote]

Omg I won!?

I would like to thank my mom for always believing in me etc. etc.

[quote name='Ardus' timestamp='1355781704' post='3065114']
[/quote]
Not a bad idea at all. Better make a brand new player of the year thread since the other one is pointless, am I right?

The thing is that

- Much in the same sense I'd like to plausibly deny everything DarthCyfe was saying about 6 months ago, as an ill-informed non-government loon, brickyard is pretty far removed from power.

- MK and GATO don't share a treaty and if all of our members were completely good with each other, we probably would. Because of that, it isn't a surprise that it's possible to report on some members badmouthing the other alliance.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1355788985' post='3065148']
The thing is that

- Much in the same sense I'd like to plausibly deny everything DarthCyfe was saying about 6 months ago, as an ill-informed non-government loon, brickyard is pretty far removed from power.

- MK and GATO don't share a treaty and if all of our members were completely good with each other, we probably would. Because of that, it isn't a surprise that it's possible to report on some members badmouthing the other alliance.
[/quote]
You should hear what they say about our actual allies like Non Gr....I've said too much.

[quote name='Sovyet Gelibolu' timestamp='1355841417' post='3065317']
Jeez. I've been reading this thread since it had three pages, and you people have managed to keep it two pages ahead of the page I was on since then. Good job.
[/quote]

You read very very slow considering its gone to 8 pages in 3 days...

There've been threads that have reached 70+ pages in 3 days.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1355844043' post='3065320']
You read very very slow considering its gone to 8 pages in 3 days...

There've been threads that have reached 70+ pages in 3 days.
[/quote]

Its not a good thread unless it reaches it over 50 pages in a day and then gets locked

[quote name='steodonn' timestamp='1355845451' post='3065324']

Its not a good thread unless it reaches it over 50 pages in a day and then gets locked
[/quote]
You guys lack that ability now. I mean 8 pages in a few days paints a bleak outlook for MK when one of the very few things you guys did good is rant, spin, and flip it. A few more threads like this and you'll be as lonely as that one nation in Umbrella's lower tier. Game Over...

[quote name='Judge X' timestamp='1355849329' post='3065335']
You guys lack that ability now. I mean 8 pages in a few days paints a bleak outlook for MK when one of the very few things you guys did good is rant, spin, and flip it. A few more threads like this and you'll be as lonely as that one nation in Umbrella's lower tier. Game Over...
[/quote]

Don't doubt us. MK can do anything!!~~!!~!~!

[img]http://www.familycourtchronicles.com/philosophy/superhero/superhero.jpg[/img]