MK Foreign Policy

brickyard

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' timestamp='1355668993' post='3064560']

My love for Brehon increased after reading that.
[/quote]

I know, have RV despise you really is a ringing endorsement to your character :)

It's a litmus test I use when doing most CN related things :/

RV = bad
Things RV hates = good

You know why things like this is bad for the community? Because rank-and-vile members will get cut off of information the more threads like this one happen. I think the last thing you want to do is get our communities more bored by withholding them information. I understand that others will claim that this thread just give the rank-and-vile of the whole community some 'privy' information but it's self-defeating.

This is in poor taste and I consider this a character flaw of said leaders.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1355672339' post='3064570']
You know why things like this is bad for the community? Because rank-and-vile members will get cut off of information the more threads like this one happen. I think the last thing you want to do is get our communities more bored by withholding them information.
[/quote]

I very rarely agree with Arexes, but this an accurate assessment of this behavior. Umbrella, for one, is extremely open within the alliance and it would be a terrible shame for an event like this to cause that to end.

[quote name='bros2' timestamp='1355607421' post='3064219']
I like how you think you know what gov thinks despite having no access to the gov boards.
[/quote]

It's like when you knew what UPN govt was thinking! j/p

Seriously though MK, you let this guy in but not me? I am disappointed.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1355628357' post='3064399']
If only we could... Most of the mouthbreathers aren't even entertaining anymore :(
[/quote]

:(

You know why things like this is bad for the community? Because rank-and-vile members will get cut off of information the more threads like this one happen. I think the last thing you want to do is get our communities more bored by withholding them information. I understand that others will claim that this thread just give the rank-and-vile of the whole community some 'privy' information but it's self-defeating.

[/quote]

I agree completely.

[/quote]

But now rank and file members of every alliance get to see the info the op posted, so it, in fact, informs the average member more, not make things worse for them.

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1355675921' post='3064577']
Seriously though MK, you let this guy in but not me? I am disappointed.
[/quote]

Smurf in the eyes of most people you are equally if not worse than Brickyard. Too bad you are just as dense to not realize it.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1355676361' post='3064579']
But now rank and file members of every alliance get to see the info the op posted, so it, in fact, informs the average member more, not make things worse for them.
[/quote]

I think Kriek's point is that while they receive this information (which isn't really that earth-shattering) they won't be able to receive such information in the future from their own alliance's government for the simple fact that those in power will be afraid of certain members going rogue and doing this.

My only hope is that because brickyard refused to dump logs it will help nullify the negative effects his roguery and "intel" leaks might have created.

As to the actual intel, I think anyone with half a brain might be able to guess the true parts and see through the parts that are embellished. Cheers on the good read and the laughs!

[/quote]All the information posted is taken from the member level not the government level. So it is nothing that every MK member does not know. If this topic winds up being harmful to MK (which I doubt as it just confirms what 50% already believe and the other 50% will not be convinced without evidence) then MK will restrict the amount in the member area. Other alliances that see similar leaks will take the same action.

So whilst in the short term this can inform member views, in the long term it can reduce the amount of information available.

Someone who goes rogue and attempts to create a stir with trumped up information is stupid, even for you, Brickyard. If you're trying to garner attention or shake the fabric of the world by revealing something... then reveal something worthy of gaining that attention.

*Sigh* kids these days...

[/quote]
Not really, considering that the "info" in the OP is 1) essentially made up and 2) not really "info" anyways, since there's a decided lack of evidence for anything he says.

I largely agree with Arexes, except for the fact that this OP is clearly justified by a lack of knowledge of MK's Foreign Policy, rather than too much of it.

[quote name='Longshadow' timestamp='1355676734' post='3064581']
I think Kriek's point is that while they receive this information (which isn't really that earth-shattering) they won't be able to receive such information in the future from their own alliance's government for the simple fact that those in power will be afraid of certain members going rogue and doing this.
[/quote]

Can't have it both ways, views and opinions are usually common knowledge anyway.
Other than that the only things that matters is when the drums start banging, unless of course we find out MK beats children in their basement in the meantime.

The knowledge that we will not be fed an alliance too makes me feel like we are second-class allies.

Anyway, these threads are not exactly new, nor at all are the reactions: those who dislike the leaked-upon alliance immediately seize upon the information as truth, and the others disavow or downplay it. Nobody's opinion ends up being changed. More, the idea that a general member can change the views of allied government members in this manner is completely implausible for all sorts of reasons.

Edited by Crymson

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1355682262' post='3064601']

Not really, considering that the "info" in the OP is 1) essentially made up and 2) not really "info" anyways, since there's a decided lack of evidence for anything he says.

I largely agree with Arexes, except for the fact that this OP is clearly justified by a lack of knowledge of MK's Foreign Policy, rather than too much of it.
[/quote]
The logical conclusion is that MK should share [i]more[/i] gov level FA information with its members, so that if threads like this do occur in the future (Admin forbid), they do not misrepresent MK's official FA positions as much as MK claims the OP has done :P

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1355619855' post='3064327']
[color=#0000ff]A lot of it is true. Particularly the part about your alliance. I despise the NPO. I despise its members. I despise you, personally.[/color]
[/quote] Oh we love you too RV. *Hugs RV*

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1355605101' post='3064192']
I will not be posting logs, screenshots, or anything of the like.
[/quote]

And then proceeds to attempt to outline MK's foreign policy and quote gov.

lol

Edited by Axolotlia