Opportunity Lost

Brehon

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Seerow' timestamp='1326473799' post='2898811']
Why wait for next war?

They clearly preempted you, and you won. They don't appreciate the white peace offers, I say start adding on 50 tech per member for every day they avoid taking peace.
[/quote]

Seerow for Fark viceroy.

[quote name='Lusitan' timestamp='1326609534' post='2899940']
No, they are not.
[/quote]
Sparta and ODN cancelled their MDoAP - no announcement. ODN needs to update their visual treaty web graphic in the wiki but yeah other than that both alliances have deleted the treaty completely.

Edited by Jaiar

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1326610562' post='2899950']
Oh for God's sake, why won't people announce treaty cancellations (or signings) anymore. It gets out eventually anyway and it makes keeping up with politics a pain in the neck.
[/quote]
Don't worry about it. Westernfront didn't know about the cancellation either or else he would have told you it was cancelled rather than say it was a joke. Lusitan was what got me to go check. I wonder if Umbrella will cancel on Sparta after this war as well.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1326610828' post='2899953']
Don't worry about it. Westernfront didn't know about the cancellation either or else he would have told you it was cancelled rather than say it was a joke. Lusitan was what got me to go check. I wonder if Umbrella will cancel on Sparta after this war as well.
[/quote]

Of course I know that it was cancelled, it's not my job to inform Kalasin about our current treaties. My original comment was a joke (not to be taken seriously). I thought it would be kind of obvious seeing as who started this thread and what alliance I'm in.

[quote name='Westernfront' timestamp='1326611569' post='2899960']
Of course I know that it was cancelled, it's not my job to inform Kalasin about our current treaties. My original comment was a joke (not to be taken seriously). I thought it would be kind of obvious seeing as who started this thread and what alliance I'm in.
[/quote]

Don't lie. You support viceroys and you're evil.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1326610562' post='2899950']
Oh for God's sake, why won't people announce treaty cancellations (or signings) anymore. It gets out eventually anyway and it makes keeping up with politics a pain in the neck.
[/quote]
Agreed. People today no longer have any thick skin. They are all terrified of alittle criticism.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326583060' post='2899719']
How many times has FAN gotten revenge? Once [b]and it wasn't even really about their revenge[/b], but a tactical strike against the flagship alliance of the Polar coalition. They weren't in any shape to fight for Karma.
[/quote]

Sure, they have hit NPO three times in three different wars and only once it was because of revenge. Im willing to bet their whole lack of treaty thing is so they can pick NPO in every war(in revenge attacks). They got their revenge 3 times now. The thing about revenge, especially revenge that was already achieved. Remember to dig two graves. In this case they are taking Sparta and FARK with them so they should have dug three. NPO dont need one after all.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1326615835' post='2899979']
Sure, they have hit NPO three times in three different wars and only once it was because of revenge. Im willing to bet their whole lack of treaty thing is so they can pick NPO in every war(in revenge attacks). They got their revenge 3 times now. The thing about revenge, especially revenge that was already achieved. Remember to dig two graves. In this case they are taking Sparta and FARK with them so they should have dug three. NPO dont need one after all.
[/quote]

Which one's the third?

Whats stupid about this thread is even if it was meant to inform people the reason Fark/FAN/Sparta are still at war isn't because NPO was keeping them there with the threat of reps, with the posting of this thread that changes to NPO is keeping Fark/FAN/Sparta at war with the threat of reps since they messed up. Most people would of figured they messed up when they declared on you guys, all this thread does is confirm you guys want reps now to end the war. I'm not sure if that's meant as a PR boost for NPO, but I'm sure many on "NPO's side" this war are loving to see NPO kept at war as long as possible and would love to see any bad PR NPO might get for it if its prolonged.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326586418' post='2899754']
God damn it, Bob Janova. Omni has even said Legion was being held off from entering as part of a deployment strategy.

I mean, if you want to keep spinning BS feel free, but you're being a moron especially considering your apologetics for TOP/IRON.
[/quote]

Hells bells, if Omni said it, it must be true. To be honest, it may or may not be true, but one alliance leader from any coalition , stating something as fact, really doesnt make it fact.

Edited by Rush Sykes

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1326616870' post='2899989']
Most people would of figured they messed up when they declared on you guys, all this thread does is confirm you guys want reps now to end the war.
[/quote]

No actually, what it does confirm is that FARK and FAN do not want to surrender, and we aren't going to sit around and tolerate our lower ranks getting blasted forever.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1326625960' post='2900013']
No actually, what it does confirm is that FARK and FAN do not want to surrender, and we aren't going to sit around and tolerate our lower ranks getting blasted forever.
[/quote]

We are all having a blast down here aroung 10k, and at least the FAN nations are fighting back now, which makes life interesting :D

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1326579846' post='2899693']
Regardless, GOONS has no problem continuing to be picky with NPL (in their attempted completion of our single term) as long as Fark and FAN continue dragging their feet.
[/quote]

I was wondering why GOONS has continualy rejected our attemps to fullfill your terms. Its some kind of sadistic ransom threat is it? What will FAN/FARK get a lock of our hair tomorrow with a threatening note made up of newspaper clipping letters if the cash doesn't arive on time or something. Classy as always.

[quote name='Krack' timestamp='1326585574' post='2899751']
Is this your personal opinion, or are you speaking in your unofficial capacity of "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain" Minister for TOP?

[b]EDIT:[/b] Unrelated side question to the Gramlins membership: The next time your leadership has to choose between the best interests of the Gramlins' membership, or the best interests of their BFF in TOP, are you gonna be surprised when they bail on you again?
[/quote]

Wow, you really have no idea do you?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326603785' post='2899908']
Well, given the employment of preempts in this war being widespread and the controversy over Fark, it does have some relevance. It set the precedent to some extent, since before DH, it was considered a taboo to preempt after the TIDTT thing.
[/quote]
But I don't see NPO disputing the justification for Fark's preempt in this thread (Brehon specifically states that he doesn't have a problem with it in the OP). The issue is Fark/FAN's rejection of generous peace terms, meaning that they remain at war by their own choice.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1326625960' post='2900013']
[/quote]
Exactly. I would hope that they don't treat the generous peace terms as a free option, to accept whenever they feel they have had their fun and done enough damage to NPO's lower tier.

Edited by Sir Humphrey

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326588195' post='2899778']
This literally makes no sense.

[/quote]

Why not?

Actions > Words

Edited by IYIyTh

[quote name='Methrage' timestamp='1326616870' post='2899989']
Whats stupid about this thread is even if it was meant to inform people the reason Fark/FAN/Sparta are still at war isn't because NPO was keeping them there with the threat of reps, with the posting of this thread that changes to NPO is keeping Fark/FAN/Sparta at war with the threat of reps since they messed up. Most people would of figured they messed up when they declared on you guys, all this thread does is confirm you guys want reps now to end the war. I'm not sure if that's meant as a PR boost for NPO, but I'm sure many on "NPO's side" this war are loving to see NPO kept at war as long as possible and would love to see any bad PR NPO might get for it if its prolonged.
[/quote]

what...?

You know its funny... at no time has the NPO said you will pay X reps. In fact this post went up right after the most lenient terms we could possibly offer (no surrender, no defeat have some fun with a review on beer and guns, no re-entry) and there was STILL hemming and hawing. This post was my amazement of it and how it would affect the future of CN post war wrap ups as well as the amazement of Sparta in her peace negotiations. People get offered simple peace, white, off white, what have you and thats not good enough.... AMAZING. Pretty sure I said this in the OP.

Even through today, we have never said any kind of reps so Meth... lay off the Meth.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1326632481' post='2900021']
I was wondering why GOONS has continualy rejected our attemps to fullfill your terms. Its some kind of sadistic ransom threat is it? What will FAN/FARK get a lock of our hair tomorrow with a threatening note made up of newspaper clipping letters if the cash doesn't arive on time or something. Classy as always.
[/quote]

Please allow me to clarify.

Both submissions were rejected because they were objectively terrible (they weren't witty, they didn't properly utilize prose, punctuation, or grammar, and as we came to found out at least one wasn't even original). In lieu of reparations or more traditional, taxing terms we expect something with minimal quality.

We've found it far easier - and more justifiable - to be picky about what's submitted to us as long as your allies remain picky about how they bow out.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1326642393' post='2900060']
Please allow me to clarify.

Both submissions were rejected because they were objectively terrible (they weren't witty, they didn't properly utilize prose, punctuation, or grammar, and as we came to found out at least one wasn't even original). In lieu of reparations or more traditional, taxing terms we expect something with minimal quality.

We've found it far easier - and more justifiable - to be picky about what's submitted to us as long as your allies remain picky about how they bow out.
[/quote]

So in other words there is nothing wrong with what's submitted, this is about other people. Classy.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1326645497' post='2900072']
So in other words there is nothing wrong with what's submitted, this is about other people. Classy.
[/quote]

I know you have a bone to pick with this incarnation of GOONS but seriously... SirWilliam literally right above you explains that there [i]is[/i] something wrong with that is submitted.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1326642393' post='2900060']
[b][i]Both submissions were rejected because they were objectively terrible (they weren't witty, they didn't properly utilize prose, punctuation, or grammar, and as we came to found out at least one wasn't even original). In lieu of reparations or more traditional, taxing terms we expect something with minimal quality.[/i][/b]
[/quote]

don't be intentionally obtuse