Opportunity Lost

Brehon

[quote name='Moose Hole' timestamp='1326476168' post='2898850']
It should be at least 100. We are getting a ton of tech from this tech raid, and if we only have to pay 50 tech per day, it's more economically advantageous to keep the war going.
[/quote]

You call this war a tech raid for you guys ? Hasn't your alliance lost over 10 million NS ?

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1326509508' post='2899195']
What are the terms for NpO?
[/quote]

I'm not in TOP but I can guarantee that Polars terms won't be light

Edited by Timberland

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Timberland' timestamp='1326512684' post='2899232']
You call this war a tech raid for you guys ? Hasn't your alliance lost over 10 million NS ?

I'm not in TOP but I can guarantee that Polars terms won't be light
[/quote]
10mil NS and this "tech raid" has lost them 500k+ tech. Whatever they want to say to make themselves feel better I guess.

I wonder what Polar's terms will be. So far they must be unacceptable or not presented to them yet.

I recognise it isn't apropos, but i do miss evil NPO.
[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1326514308' post='2899243']
10mil NS and this "tech raid" has lost them 500k+ tech. Whatever they want to say to make themselves feel better I guess.

I wonder what Polar's terms will be. So far they must be unacceptable or not presented to them yet.
[/quote]
A wise man once said "they need to fight the war before they get peace".

Edited by Vanilla Napalm

[quote name='Moose Hole' timestamp='1326476168' post='2898850']
It should be at least 100. We are getting a ton of tech from this tech raid, and if we only have to pay 50 tech per day, it's more economically advantageous to keep the war going.
[/quote]

It's odd that you have about half as much tech as you did when this war started, then. Where is it all going??

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326517098' post='2899256']
The issue with Fark is, they don't really care anymore. They've lost their stats and having nothing to lose by prolonging the war.
[/quote]
I've seen that many times before, Roq.

The fact is, what they have to lose is growth and a lot of members. Even tight knit communities will suffer defections, deletions. And there will permanently be a cap on their growth, for as long as they choose to remain at war.

The worst is? In this case, it's of their own choosing. Admitting defeat is a simple recognition of reality. That's all they are asked to do. Generally, alliances will end up surrendering because they still want to play the political game. Otoh, in the case of Sparta and Fark, given their total lack of ambition and utterly clueless leadership, they could be better at war, a sort of vast target practice for everybody else.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1326509013' post='2899186']
The greatest part of all of this is the group who doesnt want to use the words "defeat" or "surrender" because of how it will look against their perfect record on the wikia
[/quote]
I want to bet tech on it that if they surrender they will note it down as a strategic victory.

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1326504648' post='2899155']
Two options really for Sparta:

1. Go DH-NPO on their asses and force them to bring out those two hundred peace moders.
2. Threaten to reengage MHA.

I know FARK won't care and FAN sure as hell won't, but Sparta is !@#$@#$ pathetic for hiding like cowards and then getting all !@#$%*y over "defeat."

Reminds me of rok in the last war too much.
[/quote]
I honestly expected a lot better from Sparta this war. They wanted to prove that they were good allies and didn't want to abandon XX and feed into the reputation that they just jump to the winning side. But then they follow through with it by being emo about being on the losing side and hiding in peace mode.

If you have to systematically hide in peace mode to avoid getting crushed, you've lost.

Edited by Azaghul

Um, considering IRON employed the same thing with their upper tier in preparation for a counter, I'm willing to bet if it was PF and Umbrella attacking IRON, they'd stay in PM for the most part too.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326523487' post='2899291']
Um, considering IRON employed the same thing with their upper tier in preparation for a counter, I'm willing to bet if it was PF and Umbrella attacking IRON, they'd stay in PM for the most part too.
[/quote]

We are just overrated !@#$%cats.

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1326491003' post='2899035']
Then:
-TIDTT(F). do a preemptive strike.
-Sparta enters to support the defender.
-TOP& co. have to pay huge reps.
-Sparta demands reps, finding it totally logical/justified to ask for them (despite entering late, strategically or not).

Now:
-Fark/FAN do a premptive strike.
-Sparta enters to support the attacker.
-Fark/FAN/Sparta are offered generous peace terms, no reparations, simply an admission of defeat.
-Sparta whines against the wording of the "defeat".

You're lucky, greek boys, that you're not dealing with us.
[/quote]

[quote name='Yevgeni Luchenkov' timestamp='1326520501' post='2899269']
I've seen that many times before, Roq.

The fact is, what they have to lose is growth and a lot of members. Even tight knit communities will suffer defections, deletions. And there will permanently be a cap on their growth, for as long as they choose to remain at war.

The worst is? In this case, it's of their own choosing. Admitting defeat is a simple recognition of reality. That's all they are asked to do. Generally, alliances will end up surrendering because they still want to play the political game. Otoh, in the case of Sparta and Fark, given their total lack of ambition and utterly clueless leadership, they could be better at war, a sort of vast target practice for everybody else.
[/quote]

I've missed you

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326507489' post='2899174']
Also lol at Alterego, who is allied to mhawk, whose heroic act in Karma was declaring on Avalanche and staying at war even though it did nothing to help NPO. It was more like the TKTB thing in PB-NpO.
[/quote]

LoL at a guy for being allied to a guy who did something obscure years ago. Congrats, you have fallen to my level of crazy :lol1:

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1326532339' post='2899330']
LoL at a guy for being allied to a guy who did something obscure years ago. Congrats, you have fallen to my level of crazy :lol1:
[/quote]

I realize it's dumb to argue with you, but here goes anyway: it wasn't obscure and TPF's current flag is even based on it. They did the same thing you accuse of Sparta now, with only one small alliance being attacked. They built up a weird kind of political capital through it with people like AirMe gushing at mhawk.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='shahenshah' timestamp='1326532745' post='2899334']
Did you give FAN a ticket to bandwagon on you forever?
[/quote]

Because FAN's government are the same people who were screwed over by NPO. TOP/IRON talk a lot about Grub and for FAN, the same goes for Moo-Cows or anyone else who was government who's still there. Your grudge has no reason to be privileged over theirs.

Edited by Roquentin

It was extremely poor strategy to attack NPO to begin with, I noted this while MoFA in MHA. Clearly, XX believed attacking NPO would shift the dynamics of the war because the statistics stacked against the bloc, clearly that was idiocy to the core. I, for one am very glad I had no part in the planning of the war and was only responsible for foreign affairs for MHA.

I understood the strategy, but god damn it was stupid. I remember certain Triumvir's telling me it was brilliant.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1326537165' post='2899343']
It was extremely poor strategy to attack NPO to begin with, I noted this while MoFA in MHA. Clearly, XX believed attacking NPO would shift the dynamics of the war because the statistics stacked against the bloc, clearly that was idiocy to the core. I, for one am very glad I had no part in the planning of the war and was only responsible for foreign affairs for MHA.

I understood the strategy, but god damn it was stupid. I remember certain Triumvir's telling me it was brilliant.
[/quote]

Actually, I would have done the same thing in Fark's position, but conventionally. I mean honestly, Cuba, there was absolutely no real prep on Fark's part for a hard war based on their performance. That killed you more than anything. Your leaving all of your nations in war mode to be preempted was also pretty bad too.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1326537674' post='2899344']
Actually, I would have done the same thing in Fark's position, but conventionally.
[/quote]

When done in a one hit as a group, yes, with associated alliances going after their allies. Not the way this was planned and executed.

[quote name='Proest' timestamp='1326537824' post='2899345']
When done in a one hit as a group, yes, with associated alliances going after their allies. Not the way this was planned and executed.
[/quote]

Agreed, then.

[quote name='Jaiar' timestamp='1326507589' post='2899177']
Why don't you mass message Fark nations and link them to this thread?

Brehon, if your enemies are not ready for peace on whatever terms then you guys just have to keep fighting. What's the big deal? If they prolong peace then issue additional terms. But, be prepared for them to reject those terms and fight longer until it gets back to white peace. This entire situation can go in circles forever.

Fark, Spart, FAN...they are defeated when they are actually defeated and accept terms. Until then, NPO and company need to keep slugging it out. You have not won simply because you say you won. You actually have to get the surrenders or whatever. You guys will be alright so just fight on and get peace whenever it comes.
[/quote]

When I get off my iPhone and use my pc I'll do that just to see what happens.