• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was interesting:

Got this from a FARKer.

[quote]To: Scorponok From: keith0211 Date: 1/16/2012 3:34:14 PM

Subject: RE: Spy Operation Attack

Message: We love this war. Peace was slowly killing our alliance. This conflict has energized the active members and brought other, not so active ones back into the fold. When government mentions peace in the forums, there is still a loud backlash from some membership. It's the rank-and-file, not the government, that's keeping this going.

As for me, I still have plenty of cash and no regard for my NS. I am looking forward to the 35k range where the warchests are low, WRCs are sparse, and some don't even have SDIs or CIAs.[/quote]

Hope he doesn't mind me posting this.

Figures we all got this wrong, its the members who want this more than the gov.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1326747323' post='2901037']
I really like your avatar.
[/quote]

lol, thanks.

[quote]GOONS, they always ruin my CN. :(
[/quote]

Well they are pretty evil.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1326716313' post='2900844']
Pigs may be content to wallow in !@#$, but I'll stick with my house. Thanks.
[/quote]

[img]http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG8810691/m/lagerfeld-ap_2019596a.jpg[/img]

I could not agree more, clearly the common element has infultrated this realm far too much in this age. I will not be content until I see your quest for refinement and class succeed within these halls. You fine gentlemen are pioneers and I can only wish you well in the mission you have at hand. Here's to a world of elitist glory! To Grammar! To Intelligent Play's of refinement and Class!

/me sips expensive imported wine and nods in agreement

Jaiar -

1. No
2. Sparta did briefly in discussions. We aren't defeated was said by FARK & FAN.
3. FARK & FAN have had identical terms. Sparta's ending terms is very close to the terms most recently given to FARK and FAN. Admission of defeat, no re-entry, end of hostilities.

Pride is holding up the peace process.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1326472899' post='2898801']
The only thing left is for the alliance to lose even more NS as they get closer and closer to their mathematical bottom (#of nations x min NS (which isn't zero) = mathematical bottom)
[/quote]
This shouldn't necessarily detract from what you're saying, but the min NS is, in fact, zero. You just don't start off with zero NS (you start with 3) because you have 1 infra. If you are to lose that 1 infra, you will be at zero NS.

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1326750589' post='2901072']

Got this from a FARKer.

[/quote]

I think you'll find this is true. I don't think they'll mind. When throwing back problems in the smoking room it was always fun to compare our problems to Fark's leadership.

Got this from a FARKer.

[/quote]
That explains why 2 out of every 3 wars I've had with Fark have been completely inactive nations, and why they suddenly lost a ton of members and are now at 196 nations. They love war so much they're just rolling over and quitting.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L5.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326775217' post='2901343']
That explains why 2 out of every 3 wars I've had with Fark have been completely inactive nations, and why they suddenly lost a ton of members and are now at 196 nations. They love war so much they're just rolling over and quitting.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aeris-_-L5.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

GOONland Resistance comes to mind with this...

there will always be members who so not wish or are not able to fight as long as the rest of their alliance. this is true almost everywhere

[quote name='Velocity111' timestamp='1326768815' post='2901290']
This shouldn't necessarily detract from what you're saying, but the min NS is, in fact, zero. You just don't start off with zero NS (you start with 3) because you have 1 infra. If you are to lose that 1 infra, you will be at zero NS.
[/quote]

I think he meant score, with which there is a mathematical bottom. If he didn't, then I guess you're right :P

[quote name='King Wally' timestamp='1326752913' post='2901118']
[img]http://ris.fashion.telegraph.co.uk/RichImageService.svc/imagecontent/1/TMG8810691/m/lagerfeld-ap_2019596a.jpg[/img]

I could not agree more, clearly the common element has infultrated this realm far too much in this age. I will not be content until I see your quest for refinement and class succeed within these halls. You fine gentlemen are pioneers and I can only wish you well in the mission you have at hand. Here's to a world of elitist glory! To Grammar! To Intelligent Play's of refinement and Class!

/me sips expensive imported wine and nods in agreement
[/quote]

...was this an attempt to mock eloquence? :unsure: Sir, please refrain from any further attempts to be clever. You are not a wordsmith and clearly do not care enough to make yourself sound intelligent, not even when you feign a guise as such.

[quote name='nippy' timestamp='1326803287' post='2901463']
...was this an attempt to mock eloquence? :unsure: Sir, please refrain from any further attempts to be clever. You are not a wordsmith and clearly do not care enough to make yourself sound intelligent, not even when you feign a guise as such.
[/quote]

Your existence is a mockery to the very idea of eloquence.

Good day to you sir.

[quote name='berbers' timestamp='1326803454' post='2901465']
Your existence is a mockery to the very idea of eloquence.

Good day to you sir.
[/quote]

Ah, look! berbers from NATO has arrived to toss in everyone's favorite contribution...the infamous "no u"! You may promptly leave the thread as quickly as you slithered into it, chuckles.

[quote name='Derantol' timestamp='1326801293' post='2901452']
I think he meant score, with which there is a mathematical bottom. If he didn't, then I guess you're right :P
[/quote]

You are correct about score, which was my point :)

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1326680008' post='2900576']
I think this thread makes the NPO look weak, but that said I agree with the sentiment. People denying they've lost is ridiculous. Personally, if you're struggling to meet your obligations on that front i'd just offer white peace and get out (no one gives a !@#$ about the wording of a peace agreement except the losers). If you are actually capable of fighting, then I just wouldn't offer them peace until they request it. Fark is dying, a few more weeks and there won't be any left.

We've already discussed ghost busting for them post-war. They don't seem to have an issue with it.
[/quote]
I don't think NPO minds fighting this war at all. Their problem was offering peace in the first place. It's the loser that's supposed to ask for the peace, not the winner offering it. The peace offer probably just galvanized FARK and FAN. Oh well - let's hope there are reps.

Got this from a FARKer.

[/quote]
With all that cash on hand, he must be very capable of paying some reps. :awesome:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326678955' post='2900561']
For weeks we were called "unreasonable" for refusing this idiotic mode of terms, knowing all the while exactly what it is. I'm glad history has borne out our position.
You've written two too many, NPL, leave it at that.
(logs)
[/quote]
Oh hello there Schattenmann. Yep, you sure did refuse those terms which would have saved your coalition hundreds of millions of dongs. Good work, champ.

Despite what you might think, we are not without mercy. Yesterday we presented a new, hopefully more entertaining and manageable term to them. If you had been willing to even so much as consider a play, you too could have negotiated with us on the length/depth of the assignment.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1326829997' post='2901604']
Despite what you might think, we are not without mercy. Yesterday we presented a new, hopefully more entertaining and manageable term to them. If you had been willing to even so much as consider a play, you too could have negotiated with us on the length/depth of the assignment.
[/quote]
I'm just [i]weeping [/i]over here that I passed up the chance to write [i]three [/i]mercy board papers for GOONS like NPL. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326834742' post='2901664']
I'm just [i]weeping [/i]over here that I passed up the chance to write [i]three [/i]mercy board papers for GOONS like NPL. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
Have you so little faith in your own writing ability? A pity.

I'd point you to the multitude of mercy board success stories where we accepted the first submission of terms.

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1326836580' post='2901693']
There's a part of me now that wants to rogue GOONS just so I can write a play and show you all how its properly done.
[/quote]
This occurred to me too, although I personally think the mandating of any play over an act long is cruel. A one-act play is fair enough. Keep things short.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1326834742' post='2901664']
[/quote]
If you'd rather pay huge reps than write a play that's your choice to make. Obviously NPL believes differently.
[img]http://meru.xfury.net/images/aeris/aerisdisL7.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326840261' post='2901752']
If you'd rather pay huge reps than write a play that's your choice to make. Obviously NPL believes differently.
[/quote]
Someone gets it. CoJ rejected the ridiculous Mercy Board terms because we saw the neverending hassle, and we were called unreasonable and idiotic. NPL doesn't have the benefit of our insight into the process, so they took the Mercy Board terms and here they are, stuck in the situation we refused to get stuck in. I'm glad history has borne us out; it's too bad it was at NPL's expense.

[quote name='Beefspari' timestamp='1326840261' post='2901752']
[/quote]

Before you quote our situation I'd prefer if you laid out the full story... we had to pay our reps first (33 million, delivered in part cash, part tech at a rate of 100 tech per 3 mill value)... and then fight our war and then try to write the plays which kept being rejected anyway. At no point has there been talk of refunding our reps or avoiding them in our situation. The Plays were always on top of cash/tech reps which were already delivered.