Joint Statement from the New Pacific Order and the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='flak attack' timestamp='1306704616' post='2720223']
During that time, NPO fought more wars that I would consider medium or larger than MK has fought in our entire history.
[/quote]

This really has more to do with the period between wars since WOTC, than the character of alliances. You and I would both agree that MK is very militant and aggressive alliance, nothing really wrong with that, but its who you guys are.

Perhaps if steps were taken however, such as lower reps, and in this instance not drawing wars out forever, we could have them more often. Although, I really think VE made a lot of headway in keep there theater to a rather good amount of time, and make reps reasonable. Unfortunately your alliance's decisions will mean that it should be many months till the next rodeo. <_<

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306726436' post='2720407']
This really has more to do with the period between wars since WOTC, than the character of alliances. You and I would both agree that MK is very militant and aggressive alliance, nothing really wrong with that, but its who you guys are.

Perhaps if steps were taken however, such as lower reps, and in this instance not drawing wars out forever, we could have them more often. Although, I really think VE made a lot of headway in keep there theater to a rather good amount of time, and make reps reasonable. Unfortunately your alliance's decisions will mean that it should be many months till the next rodeo. <_<
[/quote]
No offense, but I always find it hard to stomach ex-Hegemony alliances complaining about crippling reps or power-mongering behavior.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1306726758' post='2720409']
No offense, but I always find it hard to stomach ex-Hegemony alliances complaining about crippling reps or power-mongering behavior.
[/quote]
Why provide a counter argument when you can just bring up ancient history?

And FYI, the Old Hegemony never charged the ridiculous sums we see under the New Hegemony. Just sayin'.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1306726758' post='2720409']
[/quote]

Well here's the thing, my nation wasn't around for any of that. I did have a different nation for a few months during wotc, but I was an inconsequential nooby, in an inconsequential alliance (pyramid.) Some say I still am :P In MCXA that same circumstance of not being around when were in power, is true for a good majority of our members.

All that is besides the point. If reps my alliance demanded were wrong, and they very well could be, I don't endorse every decision MCXA made in its past, then the same decisions are wrong still today.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1306727025' post='2720411']
Why provide a counter argument when you can just bring up ancient history?

And FYI, the Old Hegemony never charged the ridiculous sums we see under the New Hegemony. Just sayin'.
[/quote]
Tech deals! Such ridiculous sums! Oh the humanity!

/me faints

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1306727070' post='2720412']
Well here's the thing, my nation wasn't around for any of that. I did have a different nation for a few months during wotc, but I was an inconsequential nooby, in an inconsequential alliance (pyramid.) Some say I still am :P In MCXA that same circumstance of not being around when were in power, is true for a good majority of our members.

All that is besides the point. If reps my alliance demanded were wrong, and they very well could be, I don't endorse every decision MCXA made in its past, then the same decisions are wrong still today.
[/quote]
Fair enough. That being said, there are plenty of others who aren't exceptions to the rule like you are. *cough*HoT*cough*

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1306706794' post='2720242']

On the contrary, I fully expect the future between NPO and MK to be brighter than the sun itself.
[/quote]

Especially with Cager and I as diplomats. :P

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1306727822' post='2720422']
Fair enough. That being said, there are plenty of others who aren't exceptions to the rule like you are. *cough*HoT*cough*
[/quote]
Oh right, I forgot that 64Digits was at the center of the Old Hegemony.

PS: The two parties we took trivial reparation sums from in that era, I have personally apologized to. And I'm going to repay what we took from STA with interest, as soon as we're done rebuilding (the other party no longer exists). We've since took a stance that we will never demand reps in those sorts of conflicts again, not when we're each just defending allies.

Oh, and I've always stood against EZI even at the height of the Old Hegemony, even when that deplorable option was available to me.

So, uh, NO U.

Also love how "Ex Heg" is never applied to those who jumped ship in the final hours, only to those who stuck with it and paid for everyone's crimes. And then paid again and again, often suffering under the blade of the worst offenders who are now magically absolved of their past sins.

And I further love the attempts to now label the massive extortion as some sort of "tech deals." Really? Where are the tech deals again? Usually that involves a two-way exchange of some sort, not us just emptying our wallets into Doomhut's bowl.

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1306732613' post='2720445']
Reloading time.
[/quote]
Considering what this war started over (NPO not walking into the trap voluntarily when NpO was attacked), reloading in case it happens again isn't a bad idea. It will be interesting to which side breaks the peace first next time.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1306732655' post='2720446']
Oh right, I forgot that 64Digits was at the center of the Old Hegemony.

PS: The two parties we took trivial reparation sums from in that era, I have personally apologized to. And I'm going to repay what we took from STA with interest, as soon as we're done rebuilding (the other party no longer exists). We've since took a stance that we will never demand reps in those sorts of conflicts again, not when we're each just defending allies.

Oh, and I've always stood against EZI even at the height of the Old Hegemony, even when that deplorable option was available to me.

So, uh, NO U.

Also love how "Ex Heg" is never applied to those who jumped ship in the final hours, only to those who stuck with it and paid for everyone's crimes. And then paid again and again, often suffering under the blade of the worst offenders who are now magically absolved of their past sins.

And I further love the attempts to now label the massive extortion as some sort of "tech deals." Really? Where are the tech deals again? Usually that involves a two-way exchange of some sort, not us just emptying our wallets into Doomhut's bowl.
[/quote]

Another county heard from...

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' timestamp='1306714250' post='2720301']
Anyone started a pool on the date on which the Embassies will be closed again?
[/quote]Yeah I am game, who is taking book? :D

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1306729782' post='2720434']
Heh..did anyone else predict this thread descending into an argument about what A did to B years ago?
[/quote]
Sadly it was inevitable...the [i]new kids[/i] on the block have to paint the old crew in a certain light and so forth :ehm:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1306703926' post='2720221']
Poor Potato, nuking him isn't fair. [img]http://polarorder.net/forum/Smileys/default/sob.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I'd just like to thank williambonney for the laugh. Really, seeing potato crying about getting nuked on the last day of a war his alliance not only started without reason but demanded last 3-4 weeks longer after peace was agreed is absolutely hilarious.

[quote name='Tygaland' timestamp='1306739380' post='2720474']
I'd just like to thank williambonney for the laugh. Really, seeing potato crying about getting nuked on the last day of a war his alliance not only started without reason but demanded last 3-4 weeks longer after peace was agreed is absolutely hilarious.
[/quote]
It will never end if you keep this up you know.
I wish i had that Hopeless Coalition - Pandora's Box thread flowchart thingy to illustrate.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1306711696' post='2720279']
My god, you really will make an argument out of anything.

I swear, you and Alterego are like the crazy conspiracy theorists of CN. Just chill for a sec, eh? Maybe it's possible that not everything MK does is some sort of inane grasp for power?
[/quote]
They said NPO can never be allowed to rebuild and regain power or attempt to rebuild and regain power. MK said that, their government said that, Archon said that. Its not a crazy theory they made that statement at the outset of the war. They also said they can attack anyone at any time without the need for a CB and their motto is everything must die.

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1306747558' post='2720500']
They said NPO can never be allowed to rebuild and regain power or attempt to rebuild and regain power. MK said that, their government said that, Archon said that. Its not a crazy theory they made that statement at the outset of the war. They also said they can attack anyone at any time without the need for a CB and their motto is everything must die.
[/quote]

I am pleased to see the level of fear we have shot into your heart. Now if only we could turn that fear up so high that you would be silenced by it... :ehm: