Joint Statement from the New Pacific Order and the Mushroom Kingdom

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1306689472' post='2720075']
'Opening the Third Great War' is hardly between GW3 and Karma, is it? By that argument you can add MK attacking NPO in Karma to your count. I had forgotten that 'VietFAN' started after GW3, though to blame NPO for that is ridiculous (FAN directly, and unprovoked, attacked their protectorate).

That's nice, but I didn't do that, so it's also irrelevant. I said you supported your coalition in each one – hardly a stretch, more a tautology.

That's really what it comes down to. MK is now playing the same amoral power politics games that the Hegemony did. Pure realpolitik is exactly what NPO has always been the embodiment of. And you've shown over three major wars in which you played a large part that you're happy to use very large (record!) reparations, co-opt moral arguments (pre-emption is bad!) when they suit you and then discard them when they don't, and start wars with no CB (or, at least, a CB as speculative and weak as that used in noCB).

Are you as bad as the NPO at its height? No, at the moment, you are not. But it becomes more likely, to me, that that is simply because you do not have the power available to be so, rather than due to any moral objection to it.

And yeah, you're 'showing goodwill'. Easy to do when you've just crushed an alliance, for a month beyond the end of the war that you claimed you were attacking them to prevent them from entering. You know what would actually have shown goodwill? [i]Not pre-emptively attacking.[/i] (Or failing that, peacing out when the war you were supposedly pre-empting their entry into ended.)
[/quote]
Exchange AA's,Exchange opinions

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see this, and after this long historical enmity, I hope MK and Pacifica actually leave the past behind (too much to ask in CN, maybe?) and recognize they've probably bled each other dry. Of course it's healthy to cultivate rivalry, but it was a borderline hateful relationship from where I'm sitting. I don't expect you two to share a bed of roses but the spirit of this announcement would be great to see.

Good luck.

Edit: or try that TOP approach and just MDoAP each other :ehm:

Edited by Deimos27

[quote name='Jens of the desert' timestamp='1306665945' post='2719960']
I think you mean revered, not reveled, mushroom kingdom?
[/quote]

No, they meant reveled. And no, there is no NPO-revenge plan. Just a word of caution, though. As you revel in your victory, Ardus and MK, someone (not us)is planning their assault on you and at some point, they will succeed. You can't stay number one forever. No one can.

Have fun while you can.

[size="1"]Edited by Sharon, nurse[/size]

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1306680147' post='2719998']
I have a homework assignment for you. Take the amount of time equal to how long we've been terrorizing after Karma. So just under 2 years now. Then take that and pick any 1 year, 11-month period and apply it to any continuous 1 year, 11-month period between GWIII and Karma. Make a list of the wars NPO participated in and a list of the wars MK participated in. Until you do this, shut your mouth.
[/quote]

So you're saying that we have x amounts of retributive wars to endure Penkala? And you are going to "terrorize" as long as you feel the NPO did? I didn't realize you had such power. Oh. Happy Birthday, Penkala!

[quote name='Lord Velox' timestamp='1306694094' post='2720137']
Exchange AA's,Exchange opinions
[/quote]
Not really. If you feel like actually doing some research instead of trying a poor ad hom, you will see that I have consistently stated that I did not agree with attacking NPO. Since I was in an ally and coalition partner of all of you while it was going on, and my own alliance agreed to the plan, I wasn't very loud about it.

[quote]Do we really need another thread with endless arguing about the start of this war and if "MK = the new hegemony"? It's a subject that's been beaten to death already.[/quote]
Perhaps not, although there is a fine line between beating something to death and sweeping it under the carpet.

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1306697502' post='2720167']
No, they meant reveled. And no, there is no NPO-revenge plan. Just a word of caution, though. As you revel in your victory, Ardus and MK, someone (not us)is planning their assault on you and at some point, they will succeed. You can't stay number one forever. No one can.

Have fun while you can.

[/quote]

I hope they do, Moo. I, and most of MK, sincerely do hope someone will come for us. We just want to fight a competent force for once.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1306698399' post='2720180']
I hope they do, Moo. I, and most of MK, sincerely do hope someone will come for us. We just want to fight a competent force for once.
[/quote]
By that do you mean someone who won't use nukes, or are those cheap?

[quote]To: Williambonney From: potato Date: 5/28/2011 9:16:37 AM

Subject: RE: Nuclear Attack

Good luck rebuilding mk, was fun fighting.

Edited by William Bonney

[quote name='TrotskysRevenge' timestamp='1306697502' post='2720167']

Have fun while you can.

[/quote]
Could you please tell us who, thanks

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1306698699' post='2720182']
By that do you mean someone who won't use nukes, or are those cheap?

Good luck rebuilding mk, was fun fighting.
[/quote]

Seeing as you nuked me a few minutes before our war expired and after you had received orders to peace out, you can take my message as you will. Not that I really care either way. Same as I didn't with the 100+ nukes my nation has received in the course of its history.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1306699282' post='2720189']
Seeing as you nuked me a few minutes before our war expired and after you had received orders to peace out, you can take my message as you will. Not that I really care either way. Same as I didn't with the 100+ nukes my nation has received in the course of its history.
[/quote]

[quote]To: potato From: Williambonney Date: 5/27/2011 [b]9:44:03 PM[/b]

Subject: Nuclear Attack
Message: Your nation has been attacked with nuclear weapons by Williambonney. You lost 2332 soldiers, 55 defending tanks, 0 cruise missiles, 0.507 miles of land, 50.171 technology, 101.614 infrastructure, 75% of your aircraft, and 25% of your nuclear vulnerable navy force. In addition to these losses your nation will experience many days of economic devastation.
[/quote]

Well now, it seems my concept of time is a bit off, I had no idea that two hours and sixteen minutes was only a few minutes. :lol1:

Good to see this war come to a close at last, this was a long one. Congratulations to my friends in Fan, MK, Goons, Umbrella, and of course my alliance in our victory.

I also would like to congratulate NPO for their efforts on the battlefield

Now back to quiet times, o/ peace

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1306699459' post='2720193']
Well now, it seems my concept of time is a bit off, I had no idea that two hours and sixteen minutes was only a few minutes. :lol1:
[/quote]

That doesn't really change much of my point, does it?

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1306699894' post='2720197']
That doesn't really change much of my point, does it?
[/quote]
Guess not, but to be honest I don't exactly know what your point is...was it that I should not have nuked you at all that day, or should I have tried to coordinate it to suit your schedule?

[quote name='William Bonney' timestamp='1306700035' post='2720198']
Guess not, but to be honest I don't exactly know what your point is...was it that I should not have nuked you at all that day, or should I have tried to coordinate it to suit your schedule?
[/quote]

That nuking after the peace orders and shortly before the end of our war (and the war as a whole) is a cheap shot. I don't blame you for it as I'd probably have done it had I had nukes left but I still do think it is a cheap shot.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1306698872' post='2720186']
[/quote]

GPA and TDO.

Congrats to both alliances here, one for a hard fought war and making the price of victory costly, the other for success in their endeavor.

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1306700373' post='2720199']
That nuking after the peace orders and shortly before the end of our war (and the war as a whole) is a cheap shot.
[/quote]

The war was still on according to terms your alliance [b]demanded[/b] NPO follow. I see nothing about his actions that were cheap.

That nuking after the peace orders and shortly before the end of our war (and the war as a whole) is a cheap shot. I don't blame you for it as I'd probably have done it had I had nukes left but I still do think it is a cheap shot.
[/quote]
Again, two hours and sixteen minutes (that would be 136 minutes by my count btw) is hardly "shortly before", and that was the first opportunity I had that day to fire them off. Also, I don't think you should be talking about cheap shots after a war, seeing as your side is having some trouble in understanding the concept of a cease fire.....

Edited by William Bonney

[/quote]

Actually you might have received orders, he hadn't received them yet. Had he just waited a bit, it would have been one less nuking for you, but oh well.

It's actually some of our people taking nukes on the 29th still. Some people even manged to DoW on the 29th :lol1:

Anyway well fought MK, Umbrella, GOONs and FAN.

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' timestamp='1306698872' post='2720186']
[/quote]

Promise you wont tell my lapse in OPSEC? :ph34r:

.....Its Charlie Sheen...

So you are doomed to lose, because Charlie does nothing but WIN :P

Congrats to all involved on the cessation of the hot war. :)

Edited by chefjoe

[/quote]

So it is really just envy that he was able to do to you something that you would have done to him if you had the opportunity, but were physically unable to accomplish.

Just look at it as a last kiss; after all, parting is such sweet sorrow. :awesome:

Is celebration proper at the moment of the completion of a crime? I don't buy the lovey-dovey crap from everyone in the opening pages of this thread. The Kingdom has shown their true faces to the world, and it is something I and many others will never forget.

[quote name='HeroofTime55' timestamp='1306703508' post='2720218']
Is celebration proper at the moment of the completion of a crime? I don't buy the lovey-dovey crap from everyone in the opening pages of this thread. The Kingdom has shown their true faces to the world, and it is something I and many others will never forget.
[/quote]

How is celebrating the reopening of diplomatic channels (which could dull old hatreds and prevent another war like this, which one would think you would support) and the end of a long, tiring war equivalent to endorsing any supposed "crimes?"

Edited by Sniper Joe