An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Mandellav' timestamp='1286254245' post='2475568']
I think you may be out of touch with just how much resolve CnG has with regards to our stability, friendship, and loyalty.
[/quote]
Yeah, they just kinda left your bloc. I've heard the same story before with every other bloc coming apart.

Let me say first, I LOVE MK. <3

We at Alchemy consider ourselves very privileged to be protected by such fine gentlemen. Alchemy's bedrock belief regarding treaties is "Less is More".

A treaty is something that should mean more than just e-paper. You are giving your word to stand and fight at the behest of one another, as siblings would.

All you have in CN is your word. It proves your worth and that is why the only treaty we have ever had is with MK. We regard MK as family, and so it goes

without saying, we are at your side, as always MK. We wish you well in all endeavors.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' timestamp='1286255623' post='2475608']
I wait for someone to actually try to do it. They will feel the claws and fangs of the tigers swiftly upon them.
[/quote]

Admirable, anyway, this post again points that nothing changes de-facto, only de-jure at this point in time. Tho, lets see how things go.

Edited by shahenshah

[quote name='Alterego' timestamp='1286256092' post='2475623']
The treaty web is sapping the life blood from the planet? nothing like saying you now have invisible treaties all the same people you just cancelled on & with anyone else you like to fix that.
[/quote]Yes, e-paper is the end-all be-all. It is literally the only thing that matters.

Seriously, stop blowing this "We're protecting them from opportunists" stuff out of proportion. This clearly isn't meant to be anything permanent - merely an attempt to ensure that no one tries anything stupid while MK gets its house in order.

Face it, you'd just as soon be chastising MK's former allies if they said that they had no intention of doing anything to help should their friend and comrade come under attack right after this announcement.

Trying to turn this into a propaganda tool about secret treaties is not going to make any headway.

[quote name='bigwoody' timestamp='1286255373' post='2475603']
Yeah, they just kinda left your bloc. I've heard the same story before with every other bloc coming apart.
[/quote]

This is CnG that we're talking about. The bloc that went into the NoCB war with the expectation of not coming out alive. Think what you will.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286255135' post='2475593']
Well a spot just opened up in CnG for UPN

/me ducks
[/quote]

I just proposed that NPO be invited, serious discussions are currently being undertaken. :rolleyes:

The treaty web is sapping the life blood from the planet? nothing like saying you now have invisible treaties all the same people you just cancelled on & with anyone else you like to fix that.
[/quote]
We could build a shrine to you and you'd criticize the paint job.

[/quote]
Seriously man? This is the move you have been calling for forever and you still find a way to condemn it.

On a personal note, Ill keep my thoughts on this private. I hope this works out.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1286256663' post='2475633']
This is CnG that we're talking about. The bloc that went into the NoCB war with the expectation of not coming out alive. Think what you will.[/quote]
Okay, you couldn't be broken up by war, but boredom and stagnation did the bloc in.

Not a whole lot different than some other blocs that fell apart, really.

Is it wrong that I'm not also foaming at the mouth at this?

Anyway, to anyone whining about 'going paperless,'

1) It's obvious that this is only a temporary move, and
2) Several alliances have already made official statements of protection, such statements carrying the same weight as a treaty, if only in one direction.

People, learn to not whine when something good happens. This is healthy for the whole world, what MK just did, friggin celebrate it.

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' timestamp='1286255623' post='2475608']
I wait for someone to actually try to do it. They will feel the claws and fangs of the tigers swiftly upon them.
[/quote]
Not to mention a couple hundred oily neckbeards. Those don't have claws though.

[quote name='Eratria' timestamp='1286244262' post='2475036']
=LOST='s ties to MK are much more than a piece of digital paper. We look forward to seeing you on the world stage as friends and equals. =LOST= will always have your back, even if we don't have your signatures.

o/ =LOST=
o7 MK
[/quote]
This, 100%. Smart move. As a former MKer, it can be assured that they will always have my support. Good luck!

I don't get all these protection affirmations. Nobody is going to attack MK. Even if they did, at that point, everybody who wanted to defend MK would, and all those who wanted it dead would fight, possibly with or without treaties, which is what MK would probably want anyway.

I mean, yeesh.

I don't know how to feel about this tbh. I think at least staying in C&G was for the best, but the entry of ODN into the bloc may have brought in some treaties that you disliked.

Have fun though. MK has always been a top alliance.