An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='brickyard' timestamp='1286247094' post='2475264']
Literally nothing has changed. Our friends are our friends. If not having a treaty means you hate us now, you werent friends to begin with.
[/quote]
Which is why I said "clever PR move." Power is not generated by pieces of paper; this is simply a sneaky way to maintain the current chaotic hegemony by fooling people into thinking that it's been dissolved but in reality its just invisible and so more confusing. Nice way to relieve some of the heat though.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1286246361' post='2475221']
It would reduce the stagnation. While it wouldn't change the 'sides,' it would make it a bit easier to breath. Of course, for it to be effective, everyone would have to follow suit.
[/quote]
If everyone did this, the world would become even more stagnant. If NPO managed to mess up in karma with clearly defined treaties, how many alliances are going to take the risk of starting something with best guesses?

I didn't entirely understand the announcement. I am hoping you can clarify, you don't mean that you are dropping all your visible ties but keeping faith that your former allies and current friends will still back you in a fight do you? Because I can see how that would really mess !@#$ up. People wouldn't go to war anymore if they didn't know who they were fighting.

[quote name='SirWilliam' timestamp='1286246478' post='2475228']
Yes, dozens of treaties. [i]Dozens[/i].

(At least a dozen or so of which had to have been secret treaties since only about a dozen and some change were public.)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I'm a fan of hyperbole. It is often much more interesting than reality.

Once again, I do applaud MK.[/color]

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1286245582' post='2475165']
Based on these two parts, does this mean we will be hearing from other MK gov soon to fill us in on whats going on? I feel as if this thread raises more questions then it answers. Although I guess that is the nature of CN.
[/quote]

I cannot tell you how much I laughed at this post, sure GunneR will be right on to explain our foreign policy to the OWF

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1286248144' post='2475309']
Which is why I said "clever PR move." Power is not generated by pieces of paper; this is simply a sneaky way to maintain the current chaotic hegemony by fooling people into thinking that it's been dissolved but in reality its just invisible and so more confusing. Nice way to relieve some of the heat though.
[/quote]
Wow, it's like you're living in a fairy tale. We dropped the treaties, they don't exist. If we were attacked out of the blue tomorrow, however, our former allies have simply stated that they would back us up, to deter any opportunism.

[quote name='kentsfield' timestamp='1286248203' post='2475315']
If everyone did this, the world would become even more stagnant. If NPO managed to mess up in karma with clearly defined treaties, how many alliances are going to take the risk of starting something with best guesses?
[/quote]
I think you misunderstood me (or perhaps I didn't make myself clear). Fewer treaties makes it easier to position people and reduces the mass or treaties. You seem to be critiquing a world with no treaties, which I would certainly be against too.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1286248832' post='2475350']
Wow, it's like you're living in a fairy tale. We dropped the treaties, they don't exist. If we were attacked out of the blue tomorrow, however, our former allies have simply stated that they would back us up, to deter any opportunism.
[/quote]

Uh isn't that what I just said? Have fun with your invisible hegemony.

[quote name='Unko Kalaikz' timestamp='1286248144' post='2475309']
[/quote]

How many times can you incorrectly assess the ambitions of our alliance in the span of a week?

[quote name='FreddieMercury' timestamp='1286248927' post='2475353']
This move deserves a lot of respect, you are giving up what could be your sole dominance on Planet Bob in order to make things less predictable and more enjoyable for your loyal members. o/
[/quote]

No they are not, burning some pieces of paper doesn't mean the secret handshakes aren't there.

Hitting the rest button seems like a really cheap way to get out of treaties you don't want anymore without getting a chunk of folks all butthurt over you cancelling on them *shrug* Best wishes MK, some of my favorites people roll with you guys, and I hope this move works out, but it makes no sense then just cancelling the ones you didn't want anymore and taking the back channel conversations that would of come with it.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1286249368' post='2475374']
No, there is no 'invisible hegemony' that you seem to crave.
[/quote]

It dawns upon me just how clever this was. Not only are there the practical PR and military considerations, and opportunities for deceit and confusion; it completely clicks ideologically with you and your allies culture of chaos which decries order and stability.