An Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

Archon

[quote name='Earogema' timestamp='1286258248' post='2475660']
I don't get all these protection affirmations. Nobody is going to attack MK. Even if they did, at that point, everybody who wanted to defend MK would, and all those who wanted it dead would fight, possibly with or without treaties, which is what MK would probably want anyway.
[/quote]

It is a show of good faith, and a word of honor that we make when we affirm the protection of MK. No one likes to be left alone in the dark. No one. If one of your allies canceled all of their treaties, I am fairly certain that your government will issue a protection post about it.

Again, this affirmation is also a deterrent to those who think this is or will be a huge tech raid on MK. It won't happen. MK will see for themselves, that our friendship is much more than a piece of paper. They know that, but for the peanut gallery, it must be said.

We love MK, and we do not want anything bad happening to them in their transitional period.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SpectreTehDestroyer' timestamp='1286258732' post='2475666']
It is a show of good faith, and a word of honor that we make when we affirm the protection of MK. No one likes to be left alone in the dark. No one. If one of your allies canceled all of their treaties, I am fairly certain that your government will issue a protection post about it.

Again, this affirmation is also a deterrent to those who think this is or will be a huge tech raid on MK. It won't happen. MK will see for themselves, that our friendship is much more than a piece of paper. They know that, but for the peanut gallery, it must be said.

We love MK, and we do not want anything bad happening to them in their transitional period.
[/quote]

Nice sentiment, but I can't believe anyone ever seriously would entertain attacking them. Most people are fairly convinced they are in the new PB bloc at this point anyway, true or not. As they seem much closer to Umbrella and GOONS than most anyone else these days.

[quote name='rrkilledme' timestamp='1286259637' post='2475682']
Yeah... I don't think you're quite understanding the situation. MK isn't going rogue.
[/quote]

Oh no, they are not going rogue, far from it. They know exactly the path they want to take and with this paradigm shift the political climate is going to change. You may not like it but MK is the elephant in the room, when they move, with good intentions or bad, everyone feels it.

Its interesting the number of people who object to this announcement. I do not and will not pretend to have any idea what this means to me or the rest of CN, but it seems that nothing changes other than that MK now can decide who to resign with and who they do not want to be tied to any more.

A simple question to the alliances pledging support though, if MK decides your one of the few who they decide to leave off the invite list, will you feel the same way?

[quote name='Muddog' timestamp='1286260295' post='2475691']

A simple question to the alliances pledging support though, if MK decides your one of the few who they decide to leave off the invite list, will you feel the same way?
[/quote]

And that is indeed the point. If there are previous alliances who MK will not sign with (and I believe one can state that with certainty) then this fawning will end.

[quote name='Barron von Hammer' timestamp='1286260668' post='2475696']
And that is indeed the point. If there are previous alliances who MK will not sign with (and I believe one can state that with certainty) then this fawning will end.
[/quote]
It already has ended, but the good stuff is in the backchannels as usual.

Even still, this move hasn't changed allll that much. Some of the other cracks in SG have far more significance.

[quote name='General Scipio' timestamp='1286259613' post='2475680']
Are you implying that we cut our fingernails? I don't think you know us neckbeards very well at all.
[/quote]
I chew mine :awesome:

Re: the OP, I'm very intrigued to see what MK's future FA policy might bring.

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1286256663' post='2475633']
I just proposed that NPO be invited, serious discussions are currently being undertaken. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Well, they HAVE been curbstomped and been put under heavy reps, so I do think they now qualify :v: .

[quote name='rrkilledme' timestamp='1286259637' post='2475682']
Yeah... I don't think you're quite understanding the situation. MK isn't going rogue.
[/quote]

Even worse. [color="#FF0000"]THEY'RE GOING ROUGE![/color]