• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286246091' post='2475198']
You know what it is?

Please explain.
[/quote]
Why should I bother when I'm only "talking out of my ass" anyway, right? I'm sure you'd "catch" me "in the act" almost immediately.

Either I'm wrong and you're proven right, or I'm right and I'm only repeating something you already knew. Regardless, it would be an exercise in redundancy, and even so, that's not what I'm here for. Let the masses speculate, that's what you like, right?

Let us speculate.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1286246226' post='2475209']
I totally understand; I'm not saying you're insincere. I'm saying consider that 'someone taking advantage' might be what they're hoping for, and try not to suffocate them. If it's not then we'll deal with it, but until then it's their call.
[/quote]

Nah, they just want to be able to rethink their foreign policy with minimal offence to anyone. There's no conspiracy behind it, although I'm sure MK would love it if they were attacked by say, NPO.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1286246226' post='2475209']
I totally understand; I'm not saying you're insincere. I'm saying consider that 'someone taking advantage' might be what they're hoping for, and try not to suffocate them. If it's not then we'll deal with it, but until then it's their call.
[/quote]

I can't not do it.

[img]http://imagemacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/its_a_trap.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Azhrei' timestamp='1286245947' post='2475186']
Would anything really change? Would we really see a different world than there is now? Everyone has an opinion on everyone else, wouldn't friends ally again and enemies glare at each other from across the treaty web?
[/quote]
It would reduce the stagnation. While it wouldn't change the 'sides,' it would make it a bit easier to breath. Of course, for it to be effective, everyone would have to follow suit.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1286246287' post='2475215']
[color="#0000FF"]I'm going to actually applaud this. As you said, the treaty web is sapping the life out of this world, and MK was a chief offender with its dozens of treaties. I'm glad to see you leading the way. Good luck.[/color]
[/quote]

This thread is now complete.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1286246287' post='2475215']
As you said, the treaty web is sapping the life out of this world, and MK was a chief offender with its dozens of treaties.
[/quote]

Yes, dozens of treaties. [i]Dozens[/i].

(At least a dozen or so of which had to have been secret treaties since only about a dozen and some change were public.)

[quote name='Fyfe XIV' timestamp='1286246133' post='2475202']
I too will wait to see how this plays out. I will say, however, that if this destroys CnG then I will be very, very disappointed.

On a different note, I am excited to see who Athens' true allies are and who was just using us as a means to get closer to MK.
[/quote]
Poor PC :(

Mk had way too many treaties and essentially became what they fought against in Karma. I can see this as a positive move in the direction of a freer and less centralized web power structure. I'm not sure where MK will end up, but it might give some of MKs ex-allies the chance to branch out and not be sycophantic followers.

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1286246340' post='2475217']
Why should I bother when I'm only "talking out of my ass" anyway, right? I'm sure you'd "catch" me "in the act" almost immediately.

Either I'm wrong and you're proven right, or I'm right and I'm only repeating something you already knew. Regardless, it would be an exercise in redundancy, and even so, that's not what I'm here for. Let the masses speculate, that's what you like, right?

Let us speculate.
[/quote]
What I like is for people that enjoy pretending they're 'in the know' to back up their wild claims with some facts and explanation.

You have claimed to know what the "reality" of this move is, and that you know "what it is".

I am still waiting for you to prove you are not just talking out of your ass.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1286246341' post='2475218']
Nah, they just want to be able to rethink their foreign policy with minimal offence to anyone. There's no conspiracy behind it, although I'm sure MK would love it if they were attacked by say, [b]NPO[/b].
[/quote]
Well I guess the last few days should have proved we cant have surprises anymore. Canceling the marching orders is going to upset everyone so, but I guess there is nothing for it now. WAY TO GO! :mad:

[quote name='Denial' timestamp='1286246684' post='2475245']
What I like is for people that enjoy pretending they're 'in the know' to back up their wild claims with some facts and explanation.

You have claimed to know what the "reality" of this move is, and that you know "what it is".

I am still waiting for you to prove you are not just talking out of your ass.
[/quote]
I never intended to prove I know what Im talking about. I am disappointed in this move for what it is, rather than what it's being presented as. That's all, and I even indicated that in my initial comment.

You then proceeded to say you did not care, and have since proven that you do, in fact, care enough to badger me about it despite my insistence that I really am not here to preach. I may have piqued your curiosity as you have said, but that doesn't mean I need to satisfy it.

Feel free to draw your own conclusion, if that's what satisfies you. I'm just here for the popcorn-worthiness of it.

[quote name='Brenann' timestamp='1286247030' post='2475258']
Well I guess the last few days should have proved we cant have surprises anymore. Canceling the marching orders is going to upset everyone so, but I guess there is nothing for it now. WAY TO GO! :mad:
[/quote]

Don't worry, you'll have FAN on your hands come 10/10/10!

[quote name='Chron' timestamp='1286247110' post='2475267']
I never intended to prove I know what Im talking about. I am disappointed in this move for what it is, rather than what it's being presented as.
[/quote]
So, what is it?

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1286245896' post='2475182']
I think it's more of the "We're still your friends, [b]we're not going to let someone take advantage of your current situation if they choose to try,[/b]" and less of the "PLZ LOVE ME!"
[/quote]

NO! We are going to completely let anyone who wants, take complete advantage of MK's new paperless path. IRON, NPO, whoever, please, attack MK!!!