DoE of /b/

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='27 April 2010 - 08:44 AM' timestamp='1272383053' post='2277351']
This reminds me of what happened when GOONs came back and look at where they are now... /b/ could make it, could be different than before or be the same... if they survive it will certainly give you folk something to argue about that's better than the recent situations at least.
[/quote]
I agree with the sentiment, although I think there is at least one key difference between the two situations - when GOONS reformed, we were already aware of our past and took steps to make sure it would not come back to haunt us [i]before[/i] declaring our existance. So really, I am interested to see how this whole thing takes shape.

In the end, it's differences like these that make the world interesting~

I think if you wanted to do this correctly, you would have announced a Protectorate or some Mutual Defense treaties with some strong alliances upon declaring your existence. Coming into CN with an alliance that has such a tainted name and bearing no treaties is a reckless move.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' date='27 April 2010 - 10:44 AM' timestamp='1272383053' post='2277351']
This reminds me of what happened when GOONs came back and look at where they are now... /b/ could make it, could be different than before or be the same... if they survive it will certainly give you folk something to argue about that's better than the recent situations at least.
[/quote]
You did [i]not[/i] just compare us to /b/.

Regardless we earned our right to come back with months of diplomacy behind closed doors, I have to wonder if they did anything close.

Most importantly however it seems they have no protectorate, how delightful.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='27 April 2010 - 06:12 PM' timestamp='1272388333' post='2277421']
You did [i]not[/i] just compare us to /b/.

Regardless we earned our right to come back with months of diplomacy behind closed doors, I have to wonder if they did anything close.

Most importantly however it seems they have no protectorate, how delightful.
[/quote]

There was a group of /b/ who got in contact with us a little while back trying to clear the way for a return. From what I understand, this is not that group, and thus far this incarnation has made no attempt to contact us.

[quote name='John Diesel' date='27 April 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1272344247' post='2276972']
Isn't /b/ still on some EZI lists?

Good luck out there. It's a mad world.
[/quote]

If it hasn't been answered before, we made the Hegemony drop all 'forever' wars and all PZI and EZI lists, so I doubt it.

Otherwise, I echo Delta's opinion on this. You're not an idiot but you're inheriting a really bad name. Good luck. I hope I won't be called on in a month to begin nuking you guys :(

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1272389030' post='2277432']
If it hasn't been answered before, we made the Hegemony drop all 'forever' wars and all PZI and EZI lists, so I doubt it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Except for those elements of the Hegemony who saw the light at the right time and suddenly a had a change of heart, which is pretty much all of Karma minus CnG. But this isn't about that now, is it?

All I will say is that this world gave /b/ a chance before. I am not too eager to give it another. As someone else said, it is merely the collective personality of that alliance which is toxic. Sooner or later it is bound to explode, and not in a good way.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1272389539' post='2277436']
[color="#0000FF"]Except for those elements of the Hegemony who saw the light at the right time and suddenly a had a change of heart, which is pretty much all of Karma minus CnG. But this isn't about that now, is it?

All I will say is that this world gave /b/ a chance before. I am not too eager to give it another. As someone else said, it is merely the collective personality of that alliance which is toxic. Sooner or later it is bound to explode, and not in a good way.[/color]
[/quote]

Indeed. Alliances [i]did[/i] have to be friendly with NPO to survive in the pre-Karma world due to NPO's actions to those who weren't. But I don't see how that's relevant here.

I'm sorry my point was too difficult for you to comprehend. Please allow me to clarify. I'll talk slowly, I promise! Almost everyone from that era was defeated in the Karma war and forced to clear their slates. VE is the only real alliance /b/ has to worry about. And luckily for /b/, VE is the most reasonable of the bunch. So I really don't forsee /b/ having any real trouble internationally. At least, I don't see anybody lining up to roll them.

[quote name='Ejayrazz' date='27 April 2010 - 05:49 PM' timestamp='1272386934' post='2277394']
I swear to God...if my image tags are taken away someone will die.

mark my !@#$@#$ words
[/quote]

I love you. I literally LOL'd at this. haha, I couldnt agree more.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='27 April 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1272389539' post='2277436']

[/quote]

Agreed. And might I add that although PZI and EZI is a thing of the past (at least for the Hegemony), I'm betting that /b/ won't need to be on one in order to achieve the same results.

question for the OP:

Did you check with anyone before doing this?

The name "GOONS" was slightly less mired in mud than that of /b/, but it still wasn't exactly squeaky clean. We spent over a month talking behind closed doors to even be allowed to start an alliance with the same acronym. Please tell me that before your big "oh hi, we're back" thread, you sat down and chatted with a few major players.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='27 April 2010 - 03:32 PM' timestamp='1272396709' post='2277501']
question for the OP:

Did you check with anyone before doing this?

The name "GOONS" was slightly less mired in mud than that of /b/, but it still wasn't exactly squeaky clean. We spent over a month talking behind closed doors to even be allowed to start an alliance with the same acronym. Please tell me that before your big "oh hi, we're back" thread, you sat down and chatted with a few major players.
[/quote]
That would be completely un/b/ like. They don't care what major players want/think, and I don't blame them for that one bit.

As for this "new" adaption of /b/, good luck not spamming the politics board with CP and gore. Quite honestly if your intentions were to forge a new path, you'd have picked a different name.

Hopefully you guys get 8 trillion members overnight, I always find it interesting when that happens. Do what you want, as long as it isn't against the Terms of Service or forum rules. Oh, and keep everything IC. We're all in this game for some drama, so why are you all complaining?

[quote name='Penkala' date='27 April 2010 - 01:42 PM' timestamp='1272390106' post='2277440']
Indeed. Alliances [i]did[/i] have to be friendly with NPO to survive in the pre-Karma world due to NPO's actions to those who weren't. But I don't see how that's relevant here.

I'm sorry my point was too difficult for you to comprehend. Please allow me to clarify. I'll talk slowly, I promise! Almost everyone from that era was defeated in the Karma war and forced to clear their slates. VE is the only real alliance /b/ has to worry about. And luckily for /b/, VE is the most reasonable of the bunch. So I really don't forsee /b/ having any real trouble internationally. At least, I don't see anybody lining up to roll them.
[/quote]
He was saying that there are more than just hegemony alliances to practice EZI, PZI,and Eternal war(Some of your allies on that list). I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend that.