DoE of /b/

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem a decent guy, and I don't doubt that you want to build an honest-to-god, decent alliance, and have no doubt that the first few months of /b/'s existence will pass without incident. And I have no doubt that the vast majority of the people you have recruited and will recruit want the same thing...I'm fairly sure that there are quite a few vets from the original alliance still around, who had no part in who've been nothing but good throughout their time in this world.

But if things go south, what happens? If /b/ loses a war at some point down the road and is forced into the tedium of paying reps, will there be enough institutional control to ensure that none of your members will say '$#!% it' and rage-quit in the same manner? I wasn't around for it, but going by what others have mentioned, /b/ and its members seem to have been a great part of the community right up to the point where they weren't.

You have every right to re-create the alliance, as the name alone shouldn't visit upon you the sins of those past. But you'll have a hell of a task ahead of you; convincing people here that it's a new day is nothing compared to making sure that all who join will exit peacefully should the time come.

O Admin hear us!

We beg upon your most holy fingers forgiveness,
for taking away the light of the World,
your Pacific Goodness and bringer of Order in the world.

O Admin Forgive Us!

We know that your hand is now the only grace between order and disorder,
and we pray you restore what was lost to us,
and we know that without your grace, all would be ash,

O Admin Save Us!

Protect now and again until your bidders of good may return,
may we eagerly await the shining beacon of hope in the world!
Amen.

Edited by NeCoHo

[quote name='NeCoHo' date='27 April 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1272409710' post='2277755']
O Admin hear us!

We beg upon your most holy fingers forgiveness,
for taking away the light of the World,
your Pacific Goodness and bringer of Order in the world.

O Admin Forgive Us!

We know that your hand is now the only grace between order and disorder,
and we pray you restore what was lost to us,
and we know that without your grace, all would be ash,

O Admin Save Us!

Protect now and again until your bidders of good may return,
may we eagerly await the shining beacon of hope in the world!
Amen.
[/quote]

Amen. Miss us yet, Bob?

Edited by Arcades057

I've never really seen anything touched by the hands of /b/ that hasn't resulted in failure when it comes to these types of games...For as many good sensible members there are in it, there is one or two idiots who will ruin the rest of you. That being said, I honestly don't expect much from you guys...That isn't to say I want you to fail, as I'd love nothing more then another large active alliance in this game; it's just I somewhat expect it given the types of people /b/ attracts too it. Hopefully you prove me wrong.

[quote name='Owned-You' date='27 April 2010 - 07:14 PM' timestamp='1272410036' post='2277763']
[b]Hopefully you prove me wrong.[/b]
[/quote]

They won't. I'd be willing to bet almost anything that they go out the same way they did the last time.

Hopefully it'll be much sooner this time.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='27 April 2010 - 06:23 PM' timestamp='1272410602' post='2277780']
Man oh man, where are Arcades057 and KaiserMartens to pull an ICP when you need them...
[/quote]

The Kaisers around...if you whisper his name in a mirror at night, whilst a blue-moon is at it's peak he'll appear.

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='28 April 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1272410366' post='2277774']
Why not just declare that VE is no longer interested in conflict with people under the /b/ AA? It is quite simple.
[/quote]

Did you not read my post before that? Pretty much exactly what i said...

For reference:

[quote]No, notice I said we talked with a group of /b/ about a return...that infers the exact opposite of bawing and that we have no intention of barring a return.[b] To be clear, we have no interest in keeping people out who have not done anything wrong in the modern tense[/b]

That being said, the fact that this group of /b/ bypassed the other who had already been working on a return and formed without so much as a peep to anyone is quite telling. But, if it was anyone's place to keep them out, it would be that group of /b/ who were already working on a return, as we simply don't care enough to "baw". [/quote]

I mean really, I even said "to be clear" and it still wasn't clear? I thought it was quite simple.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Believland' date='27 April 2010 - 03:57 PM' timestamp='1272398230' post='2277539']
He was saying that there are more than just hegemony alliances to practice EZI, PZI,and Eternal war(Some of your allies on that list). I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend that.
[/quote]

I'm sorry that you can't comprehend that [i]everyone but VE who would have a problem with this particular alliance (because of GWIII) has already been forced to wipe their slate clean.[/i]

How hard is that to comprehend? I'm not speaking about eternal war in general. That's stupid. I'm talking about who would have a reason to keep /b/ in eternal war. Only VE would. We forced all the others to wipe their slates clean as part of the terms. And VE is a very reasonable bunch.

Do you get it now?

[quote]There are still some of us who were around, and even online for (like me) Dark Friday. To those who were not, I say this; The wiki summary as bad as it as, is not nearly so terrible as the actual events. [/quote]

Indeed. I remember all too well.

(ooc (but an important ooc to explain to newbies what happened): We didn't know if CN was even going to exist after that week (especially when the game code was hacked and stolen). It seemed like a very real possibility that admin may just pull the plug on the whole game.)

Also, notice how all the ex-Cit alliances / elite alliances made it a point to bring up tech deals in their response here. You guys are ridiculous. :awesome:

Edit: Guess we're ridiculous too. WTG J.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='28 April 2010 - 01:02 AM' timestamp='1272412906' post='2277840']
Yeah the explanation isn't really adequate, which is why I don't understand it.
[/quote]

Most of the relevant history should be on the wiki somewhere, but I think the point a few people are making isn't that we "care" but rather we are the only ones who technically have official standing to care, and in regards to that read my previous post because I really hate repeating myself.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='27 April 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1272410020' post='2277761']
Amen. Miss us yet, Bob?
[/quote]

Not in the slightest. Last thing I feel like dealing with is your goddamn moralism all over again.

As far as this goes, I'm interested and healthily amused. Why amused? Well, the members of VE (members, not gov, don't kill me Impero) crying foul over events of the 3rd Great war are cracking me up when I remember the circumstances of their Reconciliation, Reformation, and Revenge. Of course, we're to forgive that...

And to /b/ itself, I'll impart the following piece of advice - while it is true that you'll have to run a tight ship and be fairly humorless so as to not get brutally destroyed by a ton of howling moralists who, for the most part, either weren't here in 07 or weren't on that eventful day/night, you really shouldn't kill your identity. It's good for alliances on this planet to be unique and have something special, and /b/ *can* offer that if they do it right. Control yourselves, but do not abandon your roots entirely.

[quote name='TheNeverender' date='27 April 2010 - 08:48 PM' timestamp='1272415691' post='2277896']
Not in the slightest. Last thing I feel like dealing with is your goddamn moralism all over again.
[/quote]
I never thought I'd see the day when Pacifica was grouped with moralists. Well, there's a time and place for everything I suppose.

[quote name='Vilien' date='28 April 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1272416632' post='2277913']
I never thought I'd see the day when Pacifica was grouped with moralists. Well, there's a time and place for everything I suppose.
[/quote]

Makes sense cause moralism has no absolute tenets. It is merely a soapbox from which certain people who have too much free time decry the legitimate play-style of others.