DoE of /b/

[If any moderators would like to remove the OOC posts? I would be grateful, wasnt really considering it]

I thank all of you leaders and alliance members for your words and attention this evening on the matter of the revival of /B/. I will do my absolute best to direct the alliance in, well perhaps not good ways, but much less disturbing ways. And to those of you who are members of the Alliance, I will contact your nations respectively on out conferences.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Cyphon88' date='27 April 2010 - 06:17 AM' timestamp='1272363451' post='2277213']
Anyone want to bet who's going to be the first one to breaky /b/'s treaty cherry?
[/quote]
For the love of god, not me.

[quote name='Penlugue Solaris' date='27 April 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1272364350' post='2277218']
[quote name='Cyphon88' date='27 April 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1272363451' post='2277213']
Anyone want to bet who's going to be the first one to breaky /b/'s treaty cherry?
[/quote]
For the love of god, not me.
[/quote]

Nor I.

[i]I'd sooner bed down in a nest of pit vipers. [/i]

No, scrap that, that's too weak.

[i]I'd sooner bed down with Reyne Mordigan. [/i]

Yeah, that is much better. :D

Although the fact that their current leader didnt hesitate to apologise for the crimes of the AA really does carry a lot of emotional weight, just because so many others will not.

Still, I think VE gets this cherry. If they take it then let them live. If they arent satisfied then let that be a sign...

[quote name='Cyphon88' date='27 April 2010 - 08:47 PM' timestamp='1272365254' post='2277225']
Guys, the point is to say who, not who it wont be dammit! Don't spoil the game

[game spoiler: it won't be TTK]
[/quote]

I believe I just did say who. Albeit with a conditional.

VE. Or they are doomed.

Anyone want to bet against me on that?

Edited by Sigrun Vapneir

[quote name='Sigrun Vapneir' date='27 April 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1272365199' post='2277223']
[i]I'd sooner bed down in a nest of pit vipers. [/i]

No, scrap that, that's too weak.

[i]I'd sooner bed down with Reyne Mordigan.[/i][/quote]

Potayto, potatoh.

I hope this alliance disappears soon (reasons mentioned before). But I sure as hell agree that Nonymguy... well for lack of better term - sort of "passed a test". You came in, sweared a bit, got jumped by overwhelming number of people, and yet rather than turtle and get aggressive - you've distanced yourself from previous incarnations of /b/, apologised for people you've never met, and generally stayed cool.
Kudos, sir - you are a good CN material.

Go and talk to Viridian Entente ASAP. Your alliances are technically at state of war, so it is a pressing issue. Regardless of what happens next - I hope you (as "you", people(and yourself particularly), not "you" aa entity) stay with us.

Cheers!

PS: alliances reincarnate, and so do individual nations, sometimes they fall and rise again strictly for economical change, something you might want to consider [ooc translation: you have weak resources - consider re-rolling ;-) ]

[quote name='Banksy' date='27 April 2010 - 12:22 PM' timestamp='1272367304' post='2277237']
Unconditional surrender? :awesome:
[/quote]

Oh you nija'd me before my edit. :awesome:

Ask Gremlins maybe they can scrape up some left over morality to rid CN of this abomination. As it is I believe /b/ will crash and /b/urn themselves.

While I am intrigued at the potential of interesting events on the horizon, one thing that somewhat bugs me is how this came about.

I find it hard to believe that this /b/ will be different then the past, because it was not as if the former /b/ fell due to a few bad apples, it was more of an overall persona of the alliance, and this one is coming with individuals of similar backgrounds. (OOC: /b/ lurkers) I suppose we will just have to wait and see, I'm hoping for positive results, but I'm not holding my breath.

One thing that I don't understand is how all /b/ members are new to Planet Bob, makes me wonder how this came about, and it does drive my skepticism, as those of their native lands (OOC: the actual /b/ board) are generally known to be less interested in long-term endeavours and more driven on the short term, doing what one might bluntly describe as "screwing it up for the rest of us." I'm hopeful that these aren't your average /b/tards and that they have come here with serious intentions rather then the usual hijinks in mind.

With that aside, best of luck to /b/, if you are indeed in for the right reasons, your in an uphill battle, but with dedication you can overcome it.

Edited by memoryproblems

This is probably the most tainted name in CN. While you, Nonymguy, seem a decent guy and have definitely scored some points for apologising for the actions of the previous /b/, the fact remains that those actions cast a long shadow over any attempt to resurrect the name. You have taken on a huge task, and you need to be a very firm leader to keep /b/tards in line.

Sigrun's advice to you is excellent. This is a place where you cannot hide, where you can and will be judged based on what you say and how you say it. There is no anonymity, and for you, there will be no second chances. [OOC: and for the love of god read the board rules.]

Your first priority needs to be to come and talk to the Entente. If you read up on your history you'll see that VE-/b/ was one of the bitterest feuds of GW3 and that is still a raw issue. I can say with some confidence that if you don't talk to us and clear that up, your experience of peaceful nation building will be short indeed. You can find us in #ve on Coldfront.

I am always one to welcome new communities, so I wish you a tentative good luck, but be under no illusions as to the challenges you are setting yourself by choosing this name.

Yeah, I'd come talk to us if I were you.

But hey, we're nice guys. I mean, we already bumped it down a while ago from Ardus' eternal war to just a "never surrendered" situation. I do want to applaud you for apologizing though, you seem like a pretty cool guy.

[quote name='Smooth' date='27 April 2010 - 02:36 PM' timestamp='1272375371' post='2277299']
Yeah, I'd come talk to us if I were you.

But hey, we're nice guys. I mean, we already bumped it down a while ago from Ardus' eternal war to just a "never surrendered" situation. I do want to applaud you for apologizing though, you seem like a pretty cool guy.
[/quote]

Smooth not wanting to roll /b/? I had to check and see if the ground was cold.

But yea, come find myself or Solaris in #ve.

Hm, interesting. As one of the former leaders of /b/ during its beginnings but before it went crazy, I know you have lots of potential now if you manage to keep your guys interested and active. While I know how tainted your name is now, I genuinely believe that most people deserve a second chance and you seem like an intelligent enough dude to know to keep them in check.

So with that being said I wish you luck in controlling your guys, learning the ropes around here, and getting peace with VE. They're really good guys and I'm sure you'll be able to work something out. If you need any further guidance or if you want a protector once you've gotten peace so people won't raid you for no reason feel free to message me here or come to our forums here: http://z10.invisionfree.com/Celestial_Being/index.php?act=idx

This reminds me of what happened when GOONs came back and look at where they are now... /b/ could make it, could be different than before or be the same... if they survive it will certainly give you folk something to argue about that's better than the recent situations at least.