DoE of /b/

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='28 April 2010 - 02:05 AM' timestamp='1272434722' post='2278276']
Or someone just likes /b/ and wants to make an alliance about it, but doesn't want to be related with the old /b/.
[/quote]

Which is pretty impossible, what with the negative connotations and all, if you actually think about it.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Arcades057' date='28 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1272434524' post='2278270']
Thing is, why would somebody choose to name their alliance after such an otherworldly entity which has caused so much strife and feelings of anger, hatred, and yes, even butthurtedness to infect the body politic?
[/quote]

To provoke posts like this about 'cancer', and other proof of how the internet is [i]still[/i] full of virgins, despite how long /b/ has been around to pop everyone's cherries.

Good job.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='28 April 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1272434524' post='2278270']
No, instead they--dare I Godwin this?--called themselves a name that is quite reviled here. Imagine I form an alliance and call it the Nations Seeking Democratic Association Please (NSDAP) or the Killer Klown Klan? Ohhhh, now the feelings of rage and baw come out, don't they?[/quote]

Also, this is actually not a [i]bad[/i] idea.

I'd do it. Something to think about, at least. :awesome:

Edited by Lezrahi

[quote name='Arcades057' date='28 April 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1272434524' post='2278270']
And I ask those of you who side with /b/ to climb into a rocket and go back to the moon.
[/quote]
The Moon is dead, in case you haven't heard, and my Entente killed it. Special tip of the hat to Farnsworth on that fine piece of work, certainly surpassed even my highest expectations. Never seen a man merge with such tenacity. :smug:

Another year another /b/. I'd be surprised if you're still around in June.

[quote name='Baldr' date='28 April 2010 - 12:22 AM' timestamp='1272432138' post='2278221']
If I talk to a man who tells me he just joined the KKK, I don't think "Hey, he's probably a good guy, they can't all be bad". I think "If you weren't a scumbag, you wouldn't be joining the KKK". Go visit 4chan.org/b/ (NSFW, obviously) and maybe you'll get a better idea of what kind of people we are talking about.

When they come from the same place, which still does the same things, I think the name makes a huge difference. If they weren't wanting to support the same nonsense as before they wouldn't be wanting to use the same name.

What they did before, if they had gotten caught, would have put them in jail for a long time.

I feel sorry for Admin, who I'm sure would love to never have to deal with any of their crap again.
[/quote]

Truer words could not have been written here. The naming of your alliance is by the very nature of the act an association with the culture and embodiment that the name holds. It speaks volumes as to the character and intents of the selecting individuals.

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='28 April 2010 - 01:05 AM' timestamp='1272434722' post='2278276']
Or someone just likes /b/ and wants to make an alliance about it, but doesn't want to be related with the old /b/.
[/quote]

As stated above, check out the other worldly community of /b/ and attempt to explain how it is unrelated to the old /b/ of Planet Bob? They are one in the same. Any association to that other community of filth, is an association with the filth of old here.

As Arcades spoke true, though almighty Admin may be counted on to expunge any cancer that should sufficiently infest our world so as to endanger us, we ought to practice self discipline and engender enough self reliance to keep our body of humanity healthy enough that His intervention is not required to save our souls.

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' date='28 April 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1272436924' post='2278303']
Truer words could not have been written here. The naming of your alliance is by the very nature of the act an association with the culture and embodiment that the name holds. It speaks volumes as to the character and intents of the selecting individuals.

As stated above, check out the other worldly community of /b/ and attempt to explain how it is unrelated to the old /b/ of Planet Bob? They are one in the same. Any association to that other community of filth, is an association with the filth of old here.

As Arcades spoke true, though almighty Admin may be counted on to expunge any cancer that should sufficiently infest our world so as to endanger us, we ought to practice self discipline and engender enough self reliance to keep our body of humanity healthy enough that His intervention is not required to save our souls.
[/quote]

You know, I really do love the first line of your signature.

Anyway, no-one is protecting them yet. Now is the time, if you're serious about this.

But then, just as no-one seriously thinks that this new /b/ will last beyond a month or two at the most, I highly doubt that any of the words spoken here advocating actions taken in the interest of killing them truly mean much, either.

There will, at least, be much lulz if it [i]does[/i] pan out for them and everyone begins to cry again.

Edited by Lezrahi

[quote name='Arcades057' date='28 April 2010 - 02:02 AM' timestamp='1272434524' post='2278270']People, some of you may not remember the state of things when Pacifica last had their way. I do, along with many others. Pacifica should not be allowed to remain. Doing so infects this world with a cancer, and not the funny kind of cancer that people giggle about on here and elsewhere, but the kind that infests, grows, becomes malignant, and must be excised. If allowed to grow large and fat off of the cells of its host, amputation is the only way to cure the affliction. By that time we're talking serious surgery. In this case I would say that surgery would remove a sizeable portion of NS from a number of alliances who will eventually throw in their lot with this crew.

But it will be removed. At all cost it will be removed.

On the other hand, rather than waiting so long to excise that tumor and all of that NS along with it, it could simply be cured right now before it grows malignant. If the international community takes a hard line stance against the reformation of this alliance, which does not deserve a second chance, they will be unable to fester.

At one time the citizens of the world were united against this form of scum. I ask those of you who remember to join those of us who stand against this sort of filth. I ask those of you who were not here to look into the past activities of the alliance under this name and think "why would someone choose THAT name, out of all the others, unless they agreed with the actions of that alliance?"

And I ask those of you who side with Pacifica to climb into a rocket and go back to the moon.
[/quote]
Hmmm this part is looking better.

Edited by Arcturus Jefferson

[quote name='Lezrahi' date='28 April 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1272437338' post='2278307']
You know, I really do love the first line of your signature.

Anyway, no-one is protecting them yet. Now is the time, if you're serious about this.

But then, just as no-one seriously thinks that this new /b/ will last beyond a month or two at the most, I highly doubt that any of the words spoken here advocating actions taken in the interest of killing them truly mean much, either.

There will, at least, be much lulz if it [i]does[/i] pan out for them and everyone begins to cry again.
[/quote]

I think you misunderstand me dear fellow ruler. I apologize for not being properly clear about my intentions. I do not advocate eliminating this young sprout. As many before me have stated, this incarnation has done nothing to deserve such. Ultimately one has a right to judge and be judged only on the actions which they have committed. I was speaking in defense of those whom are leery of this newest arrival to our world stage. Explaining that they have good reason to be cautious and watchful, as in so much as choice of name and community association this group has taken a step towards the actions of the group long past, that may however be the last such step they take down that path. So while I understand those who would watch them closely, they need to be given the freedom to rise up enough to see if they can walk a new road, or if they will stumble and fall.

[quote name='Arcades057' date='27 April 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1272434767' post='2278277']
Which is pretty impossible, what with the negative connotations and all, if you actually think about it.
[/quote]
This coming from you, sitting there with a portrait of the Cannibal right behind you? I was born outside this world into that community of which you speak of a good while after they had left this world. I am aware of the atrocities which have been committed under this banner before our time and I am here to proclaim that we are of the faction who hate what was done as much as those here despised it. Cancer is cancer, weather here or elsewhere (ooc: 4chan, the internets !@#$%^&. colon cancer is still cancer.)

Edited by Nonymguy

[quote name='Arcades057' date='28 April 2010 - 12:06 AM' timestamp='1272434767' post='2278277']
[/quote]

[OOC][b]If you actually think about it[/b], that same area of the intertubes is responsible for half (actually, probably all of them) of the non-CN-spawned memes and other stuff that is regularly spoken on these very forums. For better or worse, even some of your positive experiences here on this planet may have their roots in /b/, /i/, or related board. Thus, all of this talk of negativity and 'cancer' is rather amusing.[OOC]

[quote name='SyndicatedINC' date='28 April 2010 - 01:13 AM' timestamp='1272438806' post='2278324']
I think you misunderstand me dear fellow ruler. I apologize for not being properly clear about my intentions. I do not advocate eliminating this young sprout. As many before me have stated, this incarnation has done nothing to deserve such. Ultimately one has a right to judge and be judged only on the actions which they have committed. I was speaking in defense of those whom are leery of this newest arrival to our world stage. Explaining that they have good reason to be cautious and watchful, as in so much as choice of name and community association this group has taken a step towards the actions of the group long past, that may however be the last such step they take down that path. So while I understand those who would watch them closely, they need to be given the freedom to rise up enough to see if they can walk a new road, or if they will stumble and fall.
[/quote]

A just position, and not unlike the one people such as myself take with Pacifica. You speak true, by my perception, and I cry your pardon.

Anyway, I say godspeed to /b/, and watch your growth with (mostly) impartial interest.

[OOC] Perhaps we should just go back to IP tracing and anyone we find that has been to the 4chan forums, /b/ or not should be EZI. [OOC]

I think they deserve a second chance and it probably won't be long until we find out how serious they are committed to cleaning up.

Edited by James IV

[quote name='Lezrahi' date='28 April 2010 - 02:29 AM' timestamp='1272439751' post='2278339']
A just position, and not unlike the one people such as myself take with Pacifica. You speak true, by my perception, and I cry your pardon.

Anyway, I say godspeed to /b/, and watch your growth with (mostly) impartial interest.[/quote]

I am glad to hear that we are in agreement there, and it is I who must beg your pardon. After looking back over what I wrote earlier, I can definitely see how one could construe such an implication of premature hostility on part. More importantly however I looked over what you had previously written as well:

[quote]Anyway, no-one is protecting them yet. Now is the time, if you're serious about this.

But then, just as no-one seriously thinks that this new /b/ will last beyond a month or two at the most, I highly doubt that any of the words spoken here advocating actions taken in the interest of killing them truly mean much, either.[/quote]

I feel ashamed that I failed to truly grasp what you expressed here. All that you say rings even more true if one considers this with an eye not on violence but on cautiously watchful tolerance as we discussed. No one is protecting them yet! Everyone assumes they will fall on their own in a month or two! While many are concerned and many eyes watch for signs of failure, or some short flash of drama, few have stepped forward to truly assist with guidance.

[quote name='James IV' date='28 April 2010 - 01:41 AM' timestamp='1272440454' post='2278342']
[OOC] Perhaps we should just go back to IP tracing and anyone we find that has been to the 4chan forums, /b/ or not should be EZI. [OOC]

I think they deserve a second chance and it probably won't be long until we find out how serious they are committed to cleaning up.
[/quote]

I'm a chaner myself so this is a negative. Plus NpO would be mad that all this money was spent for nothing.

Comparing /b/ to the KKK and NSDAP is stupid...even if it is just being used to prove a point.

Regardless, I am a firm believer in second chances. Unfortunately in this case, no second chance is deserved. I also believe in the death penalty and that's what /b/ was awarded. I know this dude may be new, but his recruit pool will contain the same swine as the previous and even if the chances of what occured occuring again may be low, there's still a chance, and that's something we don't need to go through again. It was simply disgusting.

Now's a time when I wish \m/ hadn't suspended raiding. I better go work on that.

LOL everything on /b/ is raceist and horrible and thus these new guys should not be allowed to play, or I'm pretty sure some of you posting in this thread shouldn't be allowed to play this game, you're as offensive and vile as SOME, see what I did SOME of the pics posted on /b/, I frequent /b/ all the time, I must "[b]ONE OF THEY TYPES[/b] (although I'd dare anyone to find abusive raciest pics that I have posted here) you see, some people have self control and maybe these new /b/ guys have that? you won't know unless you give them a chance. If they are the same folks posting vile pics then sure roll them, if they are not the same and add to the community, then all the better. The way the member count keeps falling, you might think before running new players off just because they have the alliance name /b/ but hey, it's cool to be srsz bsnz.

hey /b/, forums rules what do?

Edited by Hiro Nakara

The only thing I don't really understand in this thread is why VE is still at war with an alliance that hasn't existed for roughly 3 years. You signed terms that forced NPO to give out white peace in all of their wars, why haven't you taken your own advice in the last 3 years?

Edited by Poyplemonkeys

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='28 April 2010 - 11:12 AM' timestamp='1272449512' post='2278390']
LOL everything on /b/ is raceist and horrible and thus these new guys should not be allowed to play, or I'm pretty sure some of you posting in this thread shouldn't be allowed to play this game, you're as offensive and vile as SOME, see what I did SOME of the pics posted on /b/, I frequent /b/ all the time, I must "[b]ONE OF THEY TYPES[/b] (although I'd dare anyone to find abusive raciest pics that I have posted here) you see, some people have self control and maybe these new /b/ guys have that? you won't know unless you give them a chance. If they are the same folks posting vile pics then sure roll them, if they are not the same and add to the community, then all the better. The way the member count keeps falling, you might think before running new players off just because they have the alliance name /b/ but hey, it's cool to be srsz bsnz.

hey /b/, forums rules what do?
[/quote]
I understand what you are saying, but why would we want to put ourselves in a position for it to possibly happen again?

You really can't expect people to welcome them with open arms and not question their intentions. It is quite deserved.

[quote name='Starfox101' date='28 April 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1272450184' post='2278395']
I understand what you are saying, but why would we want to put ourselves in a position for it to possibly happen again?

You really can't expect people to welcome them with open arms and not question their intentions. It is quite deserved.
[/quote]

Starfox I agree with what you say also, you know as well as I do people change and should be given the oppertunity to change. I'm not defending there past descretions, but I'm open minded enough to see that there might be that possibility that they have changed. There might be a possibility that these new guys might buck up realsie there is boundaries that can't be crossed here. As I said before, if they do act like idiots then I'm sure people could deal with it regardless if they are tied to treaties or not. (it hasn't stopped ppl from being rolled before)

Maybe I'm just being to open minded regarding this, maybe I should just take the attitude of others and say no second chance for you and thats that, but thats just not my style and it goes agaisnt what I believe in. You know until they prove me wrong and prove the other cavemen/cavewomen in this thread right then im always going to have an open mind regarding this, as far as second chances go they should be given the oppertunity to rectify there previous misstakes. They shouldn't be allowed to forget it and be swept under the carpet, but they should be given then oppertunity to prove themselfes.

excuse bad grammar and typos.

[quote name='kevin32891' date='28 April 2010 - 11:34 AM' timestamp='1272450865' post='2278396']
I knew this was coming for the past week.
[/quote]
Everyone looks up to you. You're the master of knowledge.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='28 April 2010 - 11:35 AM' timestamp='1272450899' post='2278397']
Starfox I agree with what you say also, you know as well as I do people change and should be given the oppertunity to change. I'm not defending there past descretions, but I'm open minded enough to see that there might be that possibility that they have changed. There might be a possibility that these new guys might buck up realsie there is boundaries that can't be crossed here. As I said before, if they do act like idiots then I'm sure people could deal with it regardless if they are tied to treaties or not. (it hasn't stopped ppl from being rolled before)

Maybe I'm just being to open minded regarding this, maybe I should just take the attitude of others and say no second chance for you and thats that, but thats just not my style and it goes agaisnt what I believe in. You know until they prove me wrong and prove the other cavemen/cavewomen in this thread right then im always going to have an open mind regarding this, as far as second chances go they should be given the oppertunity to rectify there previous misstakes. They shouldn't be allowed to forget it and be swept under the carpet, but they should be given then oppertunity to prove themselfes.

excuse bad grammar and typos.
[/quote]
Well, I guess we'll just have to wait and see, really. I don't think much can be done at this stage given their small nations. I do still have concerns over the fact that they don't even have a leader, and don't seem to be taking this too serious. They are already have one foot in the grave, and the other foot is on a banana and they are slipping.

(Some old guy at work told me that phrase, and I've been dying to use it. It's epic.)

Edited by Starfox101

:awesome: im okay with that and they could have maybe went about it better i.e by contacting VE. If they fall or slip by there own making, then I'm also okay with that. Atleast they have been given that oppertunity, rather than it be snatched from them by other vultures in here.

No leader? hmmmm

Hiro Nakara for the new overlord of /b/ :awesome:

[quote name='Epiphanus' date='28 April 2010 - 02:04 AM' timestamp='1272400425' post='2277573']
Really VE, you guys are going to baaw about something that happened 3 years ago? Seriously give these guys a break. If they turn out to be the same, how hard will it be for you to roll them?
[/quote]

That is not entirely the point, there are other issues here as well. If the new /b/ goes and loses it like its previous incarnation, not saying they will, but if they do, then it may have far reaching consequences on this mode of communication as well. I for one would not like to announce anything without having the official alliance insignia and flags. Not to mention some of the nation rulers founded their nations at a very young age, which in itself is another issue if /b/ goes ahead and loses it.

I seriously hope that the community at /b/ will go ahead and prove all those that are worried, to be wrong.