This has gone on long enough

Caffine

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stabbing Polaris in the back was a brilliant political move, so just own up to it. Think about it, you used them to throw your weight around for a time, but then they were no longer useful because they brought more potential harm than good. Do you know how much damage Echelon could have taken if they fought with Polaris during noCB? It would have been a lot. Plus, by swapping sides you got into the high roller's club, 1V. That place is was exclusive. As a result of that move, you got some more friends to back you up in doing whatever you wanted, it was a truly great decision. Plus your buddy MCXA came with you, so even if you did end up fighting Polar it wouldn't be all that bad, who did they have left?

Shush. You're just happy I called out Dilber. :P

Rush, note where I said, "Up until that point in time, I felt that I had done a fairly good job.." ?

Reading is life!

My guess would be writing is life. I read it...let me quote it.

Now, sticking with NPO after all that, I'd say that was a bigger mistake than the original one - turning our backs on Polaris. Up until that point in time, I felt that I had done a fairly good job as a FA person for Echelon.

That reads to me that you felt up until sticking with NPO, you had done a good job in FA. Perhaps you maybe wrote it incorrectly, or I could perhaps be understanding it incorrectly. It seemed as if with that 1st sentence you were making the subject of that paragraph the fact that you stuck with NPO. I suppose you meant the 2nd sentence as a continuation on everything after the - in the 1st sentence. This is not a grammar class, so I wont go into the structure of a paragraph, especially since I rarely follow those myself. But, your reply, such an endearing way of being condescending. At least it reminds me of why I, along with so many others, have such..wonderful...memories of you.

My guess would be writing is life. I read it...let me quote it.

Now, sticking with NPO after all that, I'd say that was a bigger mistake than the original one - turning our backs on Polaris. Up until that point in time, I felt that I had done a fairly good job as a FA person for Echelon.

That reads to me that you felt up until sticking with NPO, you had done a good job in FA. Perhaps you maybe wrote it incorrectly, or I could perhaps be understanding it incorrectly. It seemed as if with that 1st sentence you were making the subject of that paragraph the fact that you stuck with NPO. I suppose you meant the 2nd sentence as a continuation on everything after the - in the 1st sentence. This is not a grammar class, so I wont go into the structure of a paragraph, especially since I rarely follow those myself. But, your reply, such an endearing way of being condescending. At least it reminds me of why I, along with so many others, have such..wonderful...memories of you.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone that doesn't understand what the word context means. By all means, please continue to have wonderful memories of me. It warms my heart.

I'm not going to get into a pissing match with someone that doesn't understand what the word context means. By all means, please continue to have wonderful memories of me. It warms my heart.

I must say, your imagine +10 in my book

Never liked echelon, especially in the day, but props to you for calling it like it was.

5. A fresh crop of delicious \m/ tears are harvested by the citizens of Amber. Happiness raises 4 points and children run through the streets laughing. It's been years since \m/ disbanded after barely fighting for like 4 days, so supplies have been running fairly low recently.

The HILARIOUS thing about this is that when NpO's time came, even with ample warning, they didn't fare nearly as well as \m/ did, and they went down like a sack of potatoes. Even when they knew they'd be allowed surrender terms.

So please stop talking about performing poorly in war while you're wearing that AA of yours ;)

You getting into a pissing match would be funny to watch. While I wouldn't pay to see it, I would scrounge around on the streets and in my couch for some change to throw up on it.

The HILARIOUS thing about this is that when NpO's time came, even with ample warning, they didn't fare nearly as well as \m/ did, and they went down like a sack of potatoes. Even when they knew they'd be allowed surrender terms.

So please stop talking about performing poorly in war while you're wearing that AA of yours ;)

Haha, this post makes no sense.

are you serious? which alliance is still around? that should tell you how well Polaris fared compared to \m/. nuff said on that subject.

The hell?

We did horribly. We didn't have an effective bank. We gave a ridiculous order to switch to random AAs to attempt to confuse the enemies. We didn't save warchests, and we took over 1,000 wars very quickly. \m/ did FAR worse than Polar did, ESPECIALLY when you consider that the UJP was outnumbered about 2:1 and Polar was outnumbered far worse.

Though I did fare well against my GDA targets, most of the basic squad did. Almost all of \m/ however, was getting killed, horribly.

Well yes, that's part of it, but owning up to your mistakes rather than blaming them all on electron sponge (as everyone else does) is cool too.

I concur with this statement. I liked Lady GaGa's statement as well. You don't see people own up to what they have done wrong too often. Granted, it is way late. But better late than never.

you can't possibly be serious? comparing these two alliances is impossible. First off \m/ had no spine. Secondly the UJW wasn't nearly as lopsided as the 2nd great patriotic war. The coalition of cowards forced NpO under the harshest set of terms the game had seen at that period of time which included the expulsion a handful of polars best and brightest. A few alliances in that coalition dragged their feet with aid lists trying to make us miss the deadline for repayment and generally to make Polars life hell. Still Polaris bounced back faster and stronger than any alliance has ever been able to do, and probably ever will. Now we're the third alliance in the game with more nukes than anyone else. I can't seem to find \m/ anywhere though.

you can't possibly be serious? comparing these two alliances is impossible. First off \m/ had no spine. Secondly the UJW wasn't nearly as lopsided as the 2nd great patriotic war. The coalition of cowards forced NpO under the harshest set of terms the game had seen at that period of time which included the expulsion a handful of polars best and brightest. A few alliances in that coalition dragged their feet with aid lists trying to make us miss the deadline for repayment and generally to make Polars life hell. Still Polaris bounced back faster and stronger than any alliance has ever been able to do, and probably ever will. Now we're the third alliance in the game with more nukes than anyone else. I can't seem to find \m/ anywhere though.

He has a thing for Polaris. It's ok, he also argued that Super Friends and Citadel helped liberate the world of the Orders oppression the last two wars.

Unjust war

September 9th. Unjust War begins.

September 19th \m/ disbands and lives on only as a collection of constantly weepings whiners.

noCB war

August 11th. War begins.

September 7th. Polar surrenders, rebuilds, and quickly moves back up the ranks surpasing its previous rankings and all the way to the #2 spot.

So yeah, almost exactly the same!

Though I did fare well against my GDA targets, most of the basic squad did. Almost all of \m/ however, was getting killed, horribly.

As a fellow veteran that has fought GDA, I have to say that isn't much to brag about. :P

You're mixing your terms up. The Coalition of Cowards is a term referring the group of seven alliances who all canceled on the NPO just as the Karma War was heating up. You're thinking of "Coalition", aka the worst named war coalition ever (yes, even worse than ~).

Correction: \m/'s leaders at the time had no spine because our best ones had gotten banned not a month prior to that war starting and didn't want to get banned themselves.

And it was funny how \m/ got blamed, and still is getting blamed, for !@#$ the entire WUT did, for stuff MCXA participated in, for stuff the NPO participated in, for stuff GGA started, and for tech raiding which a huge number of alliances do today, but somehow by talking about tech raiding \m/ is worse.

Nah, \m/ had it worse because we had history rewritten around us to paint us worse than we were to justify keeping us down, we had the Black Friday events to thank for our turmoil ...I must've missesd the part where Polars best leaders were banned just before that war.

The situations aren't that similar, and there was a lot behind the scenes regarding \m/. We had problems, yes, but we didn't have the same hatred as Polar had, Polar did all the things they were accused us and paid for it. \m/ did some of the things we were accused of and were the scapegoat for several PR campaigns that tried to absolve certain alliances of all guilt.

\m/ had spine, but when you ban from the game the best and trusted leaders of an alliance, and put in place a spineless person who surrenders at the very first chance, what do you expect? We did as best we could given the circumstances.

Correction: \m/'s leaders at the time had no spine because our best ones had gotten banned not a month prior to that war starting and didn't want to get banned themselves.

And it was funny how \m/ got blamed, and still is getting blamed, for !@#$ the entire WUT did, for stuff MCXA participated in, for stuff the NPO participated in, for stuff GGA started, and for tech raiding which a huge number of alliances do today, but somehow by talking about tech raiding \m/ is worse.

Nah, \m/ had it worse because we had history rewritten around us to paint us worse than we were to justify keeping us down, we had the Black Friday events to thank for our turmoil ...I must've missesd the part where Polars best leaders were banned just before that war.

The situations aren't that similar, and there was a lot behind the scenes regarding \m/. We had problems, yes, but we didn't have the same hatred as Polar had, Polar did all the things they were accused us and paid for it. \m/ did some of the things we were accused of and were the scapegoat for several PR campaigns that tried to absolve certain alliances of all guilt.

\m/ had spine, but when you ban from the game the best and trusted leaders of an alliance, and put in place a spineless person who surrenders at the very first chance, what do you expect? We did as best we could given the circumstances.

As I've said before, I agree completely with this. Lot of \m/ just lost faith in (OOC: the game itself actually) the world after Black Friday.