This has gone on long enough

Caffine

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the last person on any planet in the Universe who should talk about betraying their former alliances, ever.

Do yourself a favor...shut up. You're so off base here you couldn't find your way back with a compass and map.

I hear a thunder storm above, we should seek cover from the lightning ASAP! You should probably get under a different tree.

I went from a Triumvir chair to absolutely no role in government...and have turned down chances to be involved as anything more than occasional recruiter and deluxe spear carrier since. I told Chefjoe what I knew because he was the leader of my alliance and it was my duty to do so. If I said anything to Caffine, it was as a favor to the ally of an ally.

No, he really is that far off base.

You took screenshots and logs of private RoK and SF areas. You then decided to pass all the information along out of spite once you left. It was not your duty to do any of that and there is no way to spin what you did into a loyal or good thing.

You are a traitor of the highest order and you betrayed an entire alliance that trusted and respected you. The fact that you still act as if you've done nothing wrong makes it even worse. You're probably proud of this, but your name alone evokes outrage and anger in the Halls of Ragnarok to this day. You are a marked man, ChairmanHal ... you know that.

You are the last person on any planet in the Universe who should talk about betraying their former alliances, ever.

Ooooh, didn't see that coming! The difference between you and me: when my superior tried to make me turn on my friends and former comrades I said "no". That and I've only ever shafted one alliance, whereas you've betrayed every one you've been a part of. :)

You took screenshots and logs of private RoK and SF areas. You then decided to pass all the information along out of spite once you left. It was not your duty to do any of that and there is no way to spin what you did into a loyal or good thing.

You are a traitor of the highest order and you betrayed an entire alliance that trusted and respected you. The fact that you still act as if you've done nothing wrong makes it even worse. You're probably proud of this, but your name alone evokes outrage and anger in the Halls of Ragnarok to this day. You are a marked man, ChairmanHal ... you know that.

There are no screenshots and never were. It was bluff and had you bothered to check with the people in office before you came back, you would have that bit of information. Indeed this matter was settled many moons ago between me and Gen_Lee...many, many moons ago.

If there is lingering anger at all within Rok, it is only because those I left behind were given part of the story and never heard the rest of it since. I've spoken with any number of current and former Rok members about the events leading to my departure and all that happened afterward. Most all of them were forgiving.

As for whatever grudge you might bear...get over it. It is unbecoming. Actually I genuinely thought you were over it, unless the pleasantries we exchanged after you came back were meaningless to you. Karma won the war decisively. I and a lot of other people paid the price for being on the wrong side of the war. No one disputes that--indeed more than a few of us felt we had it coming to us.

Find new people hate and fresh enemies to make. I'm fresh out saber rattling.

There are no screenshots and never were. It was bluff and had you bothered to check with the people in office before you came back, you would have that bit of information. Indeed this matter was settled many moons ago between me and Gen_Lee...many, many moons ago.

If there is lingering anger at all within Rok, it is only because those I left behind were given part of the story and never heard the rest of it since. I've spoken with any number of current and former Rok members about the events leading to my departure and all that happened afterward. Most all of them were forgiving.

As for whatever grudge you might bear...get over it. It is unbecoming. Actually I genuinely thought you were over it, unless the pleasantries we exchanged after you came back were meaningless to you. Karma won the war decisively. I and a lot of other people paid the price for being on the wrong side of the war. No one disputes that--indeed more than a few of us felt we had it coming to us.

You took information that maybe 20-25 people in SuperFriends were aware of. Very sensitive information that was necessary to keep quiet for the safety and security of several thousand players. You then gave this information to an alliance on the other side before the war started. How can you possibly justify giving information away to harm your ex-alliance, even if you weren't on good terms with them? Even if you hated their guts, that information was given to you privately, and you should never have disclosed it. When you left, a lot of people learned a lot about your character, and you lost trust that will never be regained. Your own alliance probably doesn't trust you, because if you'd be willing to rat on RoK/SF to them, why wouldn't you rat on Valhalla to wherever you go next?

Edited by Penkala

Ooooh, didn't see that coming! The difference between you and me: when my superior tried to make me turn on my friends and former comrades I said "no". That and I've only ever shafted one alliance, whereas you've betrayed every one you've been a part of. :)

So you disobeyed direct orders, went emo when they decided take action over it, and then betrayed them. You didn't just betray them, made it your life's work to bring them down. Got it, thanks.

I did none of the above.

As for the balance of your comments, you seem to be reverting to your usual Pacifican spin. I left the LIH because I got bored...wow such betrayal! I left \m/ after all three Triumvirs unanimously agreed to disband the alliance instead of becoming a Polaris slave state. Such treachery! I left Browncoats after deciding that leading it was taking up too much of my RL time. Such an act of terror! Leaving us with Rok, which I left because of a leadership dispute that threatened the alliance and because, once again, dealing with everything that was going on in my RL and being in leadership was too much. Terrible! Since then I've been in Valhalla, through war and peace for 293 days. It's a wonder Chefjoe hasn't taken me out and had me shot!!!

Once again...you don't know what the @*^&*%^ you are talking about. Shut up. Polite doesn't work with you and apparently the facts don't either.

You lied to them by saying you did take screenshots? If you are for some strange reason actually telling the truth, your case isn't much better. The only reason you would do that is to convince them you had valuable information, and so they would consequently do what you want. So, rather than espionage, all you are guilty of is blackmail. Wonderful!

You lied to them by saying you did take screenshots? If you are for some strange reason actually telling the truth, your case isn't much better. The only reason you would do that is to convince them you had valuable information, and so they would consequently do what you want. So, rather than espionage, all you are guilty of is blackmail. Wonderful!

No he gave them info too but it wasn't in screenshot form; THAT was a bluff. He just summarized it all for them.

which I left because of a leadership dispute that threatened the alliance

Yes clearly you left RoK to avoid any threats to the membership. Before deciding to, you know, give info away that you hoped would lead to them being rolled. But let's forget about that - you clearly did it to HELP Ragnarok, not hurt them.

Edited by Penkala

So you disobeyed direct orders, went emo when they decided take action over it, and then betrayed them. You didn't just betray them, made it your life's work to bring them down. Got it, thanks.

I did none of the above.

As for the balance of your comments, you seem to be reverting to your usual Pacifican spin. I left the LIH because I got bored...wow such betrayal! I left \m/ after all three Triumvirs unanimously agreed to disband the alliance instead of becoming a Polaris slave state. Such treachery! I left Browncoats after deciding that leading it was taking up too much of my RL time. Such an act of terror! Leaving us with Rok, which I left because of a leadership dispute that threatened the alliance and because, once again, dealing with everything that was going on in my RL and being in leadership was too much. Terrible! Since then I've been in Valhalla, through war and peace for 293 days. It's a wonder Chefjoe hasn't taken me out and had me shot!!!

Once again...you don't know what the @*^&*%^ you are talking about. Shut up. Polite doesn't work with you and apparently the facts don't either.

So Doitzel is guilty because him doesn't follow his orders to betray his closest friends?

Regarding \m/ "After the first talk with ES I think we could get harsh terms! Let's disband because NpO is evil!" :lol1:

I did and no it is not settled ... not even close.

No, you lied to them. I have seen it all already. Most of the people you spoke with were not fully aware of what you did and now that they are they won't buy your crap.

It would probably go a long way if you didn't sit here and act as if you're a vitcim. You switched sides and then tried to be a hero by sharing (or just threatening to, I guess?) information that was not for anyone outside of RoK upper gov's eyes. You either are too ashamed of what you did to man up, are just too dense to grasp it, or you've actually repeated it to yourself so many times you now believe your own rationalization ...

We didn't get our pound of flesh, Hal. The line to take a piece is long though.

I left \m/ after all three Triumvirs unanimously agreed to disband the alliance instead of becoming a Polaris slave state. Such treachery!

You can put this in your book when it comes out next Spring. I've got some ideas for titles if you like. Photo courtesy of Silent (caption of ChairmanHal).

sponge2s.png

Edited by Elyat

Pathetic. You'd be better off by not posting anything and letting people forget who you were.

Exactly what I was coming here to say. If you were wrong, and realize now that you were wrong, why make a post reiterating that fact so everyone can point and laugh at you? I can only imagine this very conversation has happened multiple times behind the scenes. Why do you feel the need to inform us that Echelon sold out their friends in a vain attempt to get ahead? Everyone already knew that, so you can take whatever you've gained from that move (which it would appear is very little because Echelon certainly didn't become any kind of world power despite the relevancy of 1V) and enjoy it to yourself.

Edited by Captain Flinders

I can only give the viewpoint of FOK at the time. And we were really surprised when Echelon officials joined the coalition channel (#MrCyber) as one of the last alliances and wanted a target. We really thought they would stick with BLEU before that and considered them 100% on the BLEU side of things.

Edited by Timmehhh

This thread is just so gosh darn inspiring I think I'm gonna go compose a symphony.

First Caffine tells us his strategy was to make it look like they exchanged BLEU for 1V when really they didn't.... now Hal apparently only bluffed about having screenshots of forums when he didn't.

You're doing it wrong, fellas. So wrong, in fact, that you might almost call it genius. Almost.

You're doing it wrong, fellas. So wrong, in fact, that you might almost call it genius. Almost.

Having read a multitude of musing's on past events, some by those you mention, the word "genius" rarely entered my thought process. Entertaining, misguided, arrogant, head up rectum, dog chasing its tail, and pride filled fools are all words and phrases that came to mind. Genius is a high compliment, even in sarcasm.