The Single Most Important Person....ever

Hyperion321

Edit: Archons achievements are impressive, but he hasn't been a huge impact until this past year.l

Creating the Aegis coalition during GW3 doesn't count?

Sponge, Dilber and Archon would probably by my pick.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ivan, Dilber and Moo are the three most influential and important people in history, each the most important in their respective time period. Anyone else is just window dressing, almost invariably noted for either their support or opposition to the aforementioned three. This doesn't remove from the contributions that those people may have made, but it does indicate who the important ones have really been.

I do find it funny this thread can be surrounded by hundreds claiming that for the past two and a half years the world has rotated around Moo and his evil ways, yet in this one you have people arguing that minor dissidents were more important. The wonders of politics.

Edited by Vladimir

Ivan, Dilber and Moo are the three most influential and important people in history, each the most important in their respective time period. Anyone else is just window dressing, almost invariably noted for either their support or opposition to the aforementioned three. This doesn't remove from the contributions that those people may have made, but it does indicate who the important ones have really been.

I do find it funny this thread can be surrounded by hundreds claiming that for the past two and a half years the world has rotated around Moo and his evil ways, yet in this one you have people arguing that minor dissidents were more important. The wonders of politics.

Ivan, Dilber, and ES maybe. Moo really sucks as an evil overlord, as is shown by the NPO at last falling.

Fact is Moo has always let the IOs run the show, he makes a great figurehead, but his inability to actually act without bringing his harem of advisors into line in something that distinguishes him greatly from the others.

Don't get me wrong, I always liked Moo as a person, but as a leader his weakness in actually uh, y'know leading, is fairly dissapointing.

One could argue that Ivan, Sponge and Tyga set the political climate that evolved through three Great Wars (thus leading to WUT). From WUT we got the death of VE, vietFAN, UJW, etc. So one could give them mention.

Over although I'd say Dilber wins this hands down. Dilber ruled Pacifica and he was still the go to guy for most of Moo's reign. Assuming you could even find Moo on IRC and get him to respond Moo never gave you a straight answer. Dilber though you could at least query or PM and get a straight answer and action regarding the problem. I feel as if Dilber was running a fair amount of Pacifica even during Moo's reign.

Edited by CRex of Gulo Gulo

Ivan, Dilber, and ES maybe. Moo really sucks as an evil overlord, as is shown by the NPO at last falling.

Fact is Moo has always let the IOs run the show, he makes a great figurehead, but his inability to actually act without bringing his harem of advisors into line in something that distinguishes him greatly from the others.

Don't get me wrong, I always liked Moo as a person, but as a leader his weakness in actually uh, y'know leading, is fairly dissapointing.

At last falling... after two and a half years. So Moo wouldn't be an important person in history unless he was the most powerful man for all of eternity? Never mind that he was for over two thirds of global history. Your position of him as a leader is fairly irrelevant to the point, but that said, it is only a repetition of long past propaganda, and in fact it's exactly the same propaganda that was used back when Ivan was Emperor, with claims that he was just a figurehead and the Imperial staff behind him actually ran everything.

As for Electron Sponge, I'll save you the essay-length eye roll that would be my response. The only thing he was ever successful at was convincing people that he was successful.

For now I will say Dilber. It was his vision that gave us the 'NPO plus a large sphere of allies/meatshields' which has been the state of the world for two and a half years. Moo simply took what Dilber made him, and in the end ruined it, and most other people have been either dancing around the NPO or irrelevant in that time.

In a year or so we might say Archon. He and LiquidMercury, as the face of the coalition which finally ended the rule of the NPO-led hegemony, have done more to change the world than any other individual recently, and Archon takes the nomination due to his long history and presence in important past events too (GW2 and 3).

At last falling... after two and a half years. So Moo wouldn't be an important person in history unless he was the most powerful man for all of eternity? Never mind that he was for over two thirds of global history. Your position of him as a leader is fairly irrelevant to the point, but that said, it is only a repetition of long past propaganda, and in fact it's exactly the same propaganda that was used back when Ivan was Emperor, with claims that he was just a figurehead and the Imperial staff behind him actually ran everything.

As for Electron Sponge, I'll save you the essay-length eye roll that would be my response. The only thing he was ever successful at was convincing people that he was successful.

I don't recall such propaganda about Ivan ever being written. The fact he was asked to apologize personally after the end of the Great War speaks volumes on how he was seen as the NPO's voice and soul. I don't recall such propaganda about Dilber being written either. Whilst Moo is not a vacuous figurehead as most detractors think him to be, he has not had the influence in the Order the other two emperors have had. I dare say other people have been more important to the NPO during his tenure than Moo himself. You are one of them.

Dilber was, in my opinion, the best Emperor of the New Pacific Order and the person who influenced CN the most. Both the Initiative and the Continuum are his creations. It doesn't mean he was the most charismatic, or the one I liked the most. That award belongs to Ivan.

Electron Sponge's single handedly managed to start and win the UJW, so his relevance cannot be overlooked. I do not consider non Order members to be in the same level as others, considering how (up to this point), the Orders have been the motor of history. Everyone else has played their game, either supporting them or opposing them. I believe that is about to change soon, so we will see which other figures emerge.

I would prefer the term "influential" over "important". banned member was very influential... He (and other GOONs) passed policies that started major wars and shaped policies and ground work for other alliances. I believe it was he who convinced GenMay to attack BoTS which we all know "started" the unjust war.

dont forget about Gramlins leadership and MK leadership either.