The Single Most Important Person....ever

Hyperion321

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see two statements neither of them true.

As for Archon being the most influential, I find that hilarious. The idea that he is the "leader of karma", while good propaganda, obscures the fact that MK was not even close to important in this war (unless nonstop posting counts).

Listen, I really don't care what you say about me (okay, that's a total lie, but I won't be conceited enough to address it in such a thread), but don't talk smack on my alliance.

Edit: Also starfox, you're incorrect. I lead LUE starting just before GW2, with my authoring and signing of the LUE-FARK MDP (stellar idea right there >.>)

Edited by TheNeverender

Some of the players that have had a great deal of influence on the game I would say are The Big Bad and Xiphosis but the single most important person ever doesnt seem possible. It seems to depend on both perspective and what period we are talking about.

Some people that helped shape the game in the begining couldnt be picked out of a line up by the players of today.

I see two statements neither of them true.

As for Archon being the most influential, I find that hilarious. The idea that he is the "leader of karma", while good propaganda, obscures the fact that MK was not even close to important in this war (unless nonstop posting counts).

If you don't think Bob Janova did, fine, I guess you can argue that, however you're being deliberately ignorant if you honestly think Vox didn't turn public opinion against the NPO.

Bodvar Jarl :gun:

No, I've just been sort of important for a long time, had my moments, sure, but not the kind of long term intensity that others have demonstrated. Which also is true for about 90% of the people mentioned in this thread.

If you made a top 100 list, I think I could have a shot at it, I'm far too much of a team player to make it into the top 25 though.

There is one candidate that stands out among all the others, and it has been mentioned before, that is Dilber.

Dilber literally wrote the book in terms of CN geopolitics, if we went back to the creation of CN, assumes everyone involved in CN between then and now would be involved at the same time and at the same level of activity as they where. Then remove a single person, no such removal would result in a history so different from how we know it now as the removal of Dilber, not even close.

Remove Ivan Moldavi, it would be fair to assume that NPO would rise to power, would create enemies, and we would get to the point of GW1 where Dilber comes in and does his thing.

Remove Sponge, you might take away UJW, although knowing 404 among others, I doubt it wouldn't happen anyway. Sponge's real feat here was to see it coming, and succesfully smashing UJP to bits and pieces.

Remove Moo, and you'd have someone else as Emperor of NPO, doing much of the same things Moo did.

There where many architects behind this most recent conflict, taking away one of them would not stop it from happening.

Taking away Dilber could have rather extreme results:

I would find it more likely than not, that GW2 would not be the turning point where the political scales swings so much in the favour of NPO and it's allies that to this day, *none* of the alliances that made up league have ever returned to something that even remotely resembles their relative strength, and if I am not mistaken, most of them no longer exist anyway.

Remove Dilber, and maybe NAAC, Legion, GATO and LUE would be around now still sanctioned (although I find it likely that those four would be outgrown, or crushed, by more organized and energetic alliances somewhere down the line anyhow)

Remove Dilber, and maybe Karma would come crashing down on big evil tyrant NpO and the hegemony with Polar at it's center, although there would probably not be an UJW for Polar to gain the chance to get there in the first place.

Sponge, Ivan, Moo and others are undeniably skilled, the two first ones are definately masters without rivals on several vital aspects of the game that does make their nomination and a top 10, probably top 5 spot very well deserved. Taking away either of them would change a lot of things, but not that many things.

But #1, that's Dilber, because he (when he didn't fall victim to such silly RL things as school) is the master without rival on the most important field of them all.

The problem with threads like these is that a lot of very important people go unnoticed.

AlmightyGrub should definitely be up there. He has lead both NpO and NAAC, both in their prime the most powerful alliance of the most powerful sphere. Then you have people like Arctic who has offered his advice and experience to many alliance leaders. You have legends like New Reverie, who has done an extreme amount for the community. Leaders like Swampy, and of course not in jest Walford who really were important having been there fighting against the tide keeping the bullies in check.

These people made this world what it is today in many ways and their contributions might simply go unnoticed if it isn't for calm heads who can look carefully and examine things. Sure Dilber created a bunch of treaties making meatshields out of otherwise decent alliances. Sure TrotskysRevenge created the unfavourable situation that exists in NPO. But in truth these leaders only worked with what they inherited from Ivan Moldavi. That's the truth, with little ingenuity and a semblance of power. Banding alliances together isn't much of an achievement.

Now especially I see the manner in which [DAC]Syzygy's nomination was made. He has been instrumental in creating a moral compass, and lets not forget Gramlins contribution over the last 2 years. No alliance has at one time not measured themselves against the Gramlins, the efficient tech loving, war machine alliance.

Lastly I will mention another three leaders each of which have contributed a lot to the community and have rightly gone noticed. These leaders would have been around from very close to the beginning and have played roles in one way or another for that time. Shamedmonkey, AirMe and ofcourse Bob (Alomran/PenlugueSolaris). All in their own ways they have wittily created much of what we see today in shaping minds, creating culture, and just doing things in their own way.

Finally you have your alliance leaders who have stuck to their guns and done things their own way despite what anybody thought. Essentially leaders of alliances like those in the Superfriends, Xiphosis, Hoo, I could go on. These people have imprinted their ideals into this community and it is today we see the effect of it.

And last of all an honourable mention to those who when the community spat at, looked the other way and kept professing their beliefs. In the face of utter humiliation, in the face of the bitter garden gnomes and underbridge dwellers of the community, never surrendered.

Atrophis a beacon of light in many dark times.

Walford the persecuted deliverer of truth.

And of course what would later become Vox Populi.

These are in my eyes the true shapers of this community and are the most important of all.

Edited by Blacky

1. Dilber: The modern CN is nearly his creation. Those whom were with NPO were with Him. Even those against NPO, their actions were indirectly affected by Dilber as it appears he was the unofficial leader of "The Cabal".

2. ES: The anti-NPO incarnate. His influence never waned, even when he was off getting botox.

3. Ivan: No need for me to even come up with a reason.

4. Tyga: This man has been a stalwart example of honor and integrity in a world that was sorely lacking such. You cannot touch him, his legacy is already cut in stone.

5. Doitzel: The man became the mouthpiece and figurehead that enabled the birth of a world movement. The way Vox went about business was truly their own creation and they resolutely went forth with such. You may not agree with their methods but the way they stuck to their guns in the face of all that they faced has to be respected.

6. Archon: CN's Sun Tzu. He may not yet have the track record the others have in this listing but he will. That I have no doubt of.

7. AlmightyGrub: Quickly becoming a voice of reason in an unreasonable and irrational world. Like Archon I think this man's biggest contributions to the world are yet to come but they will come.

8. Degenerate: Lets be real folks. There aint no thread like a GGA thread and this man was the face of GGA as far as I am concerned. He deserves some recognition

Edited by HeinousOne

These people made this world what it is today in many ways and their contributions might simply go unnoticed if it isn't for calm heads who can look carefully and examine things. Sure Dilber created a bunch of treaties making meatshields out of otherwise decent alliances. Sure TrotskysRevenge created the unfavourable situation that exists in NPO. But in truth these leaders only worked with what they inherited from Ivan Moldavi. That's the truth, with little ingenuity and a semblance of power. Banding alliances together isn't much of an achievement.

You serious? I know it's chic to bash the NPO. But what Dilber did is by far the most impressive political move to happen on this game. You say he made meat shields out of decent alliances... Hard to believe that considering that all those who went along for the ride with Dilber replaced alliances such as GATO/Legion/LUE/NAAC as the creme de la creme. I might be biased, but WUT is by far the most successful bloc ever. Dilber crushed worthy rivals in GW1/GW2. It wasn't like later NPO wars where many felt it was a crime. GW1/GW2 were straight up brawls by evenly opposed forces merely by strength. That makes the stunning wins even more impressive. And, considering Dilber was the main architect of building WUT, you have to say he has had the biggest impact on the game. I would say that all of NPOs' problems began once Dilber stepped down.

Edited by DogeWilliam

Frankly, I think that Bodvar's on to something. We have enough worthies around here to develop a top 50 list. Have public nominations. Hold a secret ballot to vote for the top 50. Have the self styled scholars and writers of the Open World Forum release an article on each in reverse order from 50 to 1, one per week.

Frankly, I think that Bodvar's on to something. We have enough worthies around here to develop a top 50 list. Have public nominations. Hold a secret ballot to vote for the top 50. Have the self styled scholars and writers of the Open World Forum release an article on each in reverse order from 50 to 1, one per week.

You know who had this idea first, three years ago?

:awesome:

But yeah, this is a good idea. However, how are we going to manage a poll for fifty candidates?

I think we tried to do a top 200 list in #vox_populi once, or something along those lines.