Betrayal and Manipulation

That's great hippo of critical thought and civility, thank you very much.

I apologize. I consider the elephant a smarter animal than the hippo and was most likely equating your intelligence (which is at odds with your insults, unfortunately) with that animal. Hippos are pretty cool too, I guess.

As to your inquiry, gentle traveler, I take issue with the immediate acceptance of a very one-sided portrayal of events as facts, and believe that the only reason such a thing happened was because there are too many people zealously dedicated to believing NPO can only do wrong, and do wrong in the most manipulative and evil way possible.

I don't believe myself to be a knee-jerk reactionary, though I zealously despise the NPO. It would be ridiculous to believe that they could only do no wrong, but I have never seen them do right in the past two years. The sensible course of action here is to believe that they are indeed behaving in a manner I have consistently witnessed them to behave. The problem, of course, arises with the GGA, who have a comparable track record. Nevertheless, I see your point (including the portion I did not quote). The OP does make several dubious allegations. However, I find it hard to believe that Athens would pull surrenders terms on the GGA and attack then again. They have, in my experience, proven far more honourable than both the NPO and TPF. I don't believe I've ever known them to behave in such a manner, and yet similar acts of treachery are frequent tools of the NPO and her meatshields.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good now everyone is going to view GGA as a victim. Bob loves nothing if not a good victim. :rolleyes:

Considering all of the BS that GGA has perpetrated aside NPO, it really should still be at NPO's side right now.

This is the kind of witchhunt that I really wish could be avoided.

When I look over those logs it seems perfectly reasonable that Moo would want to warn his allies based off (faulty) information received. Of course NPO wants GGA back in the war, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this was manipulation. At the very NPO not being ebil here is a theory people should be considering. It's really annoying when people jump immediately to the worst possible conclusion, even after seeing mhawk's and Moo's posts. The OP is incredibly weighted and this strikes me as a very unclassy move by GGA. At the very least, mhawk and Moo's posts should be bringing doubt into people's minds as to the 100% guilt of NPO in this instance.

However you look at this, one or more of these alliances have put spin on their side. It seems that the NPO is indeed capable of throwing their allies under a bus as of late (TORN), but then again there has been a need for the GGA to be able to pull themselves out of the black hole of PR they seemed to have obtained over the last few years of CN. Maybe they have found this to be the most constructive way to fix their PR: make it seem like it was all the other guys fault and they were innocient.

No matter what either side is thinking, I think that we can all agree that after this thread is over both the NPO and GGA will come out looking as ditry and soiled as ever.

How was scrabble? :awesome:

I am just saying the caps made it look differently than what you perhaps were trying to convey.

As for GGA, I have one question for you:

When did this all happen and why were you so quick to jump the gun and cancel with NPO? (Correct me if I am wrong)

:ph34r:

The scrabble was fun but I sucked; everyone sucks against playing against Mary the Fantabulous (and Pansy was not to shabby either).

I used all caps because they were involved in a serious internal discussion and I wanted to get their attentions. And I never use the expression "just kidding." When Shaneprice came back with logs from Athens saying they weren't pulling terms, I did say "I was wrong." He wanted to know where I got my information and I told I him I would let him know after I checked with mhawk to see where he got the info. That, at this point, appears to be ironchef, so I don't know what the heck is going on.

When I look over those logs it seems perfectly reasonable that Moo would want to warn his allies based off (faulty) information received. Of course NPO wants GGA back in the war, but that doesn't necessarily mean that this was manipulation. At the very NPO not being ebil here is a theory people should be considering. It's really annoying when people jump immediately to the worst possible conclusion, even after seeing mhawk's and Moo's posts. The OP is incredibly weighted and this strikes me as a very unclassy move by GGA. At the very least, mhawk and Moo's posts should be bringing doubt into people's minds as to the 100% guilt of NPO in this instance.

No I think we need to reach to the bottom of this and understand the actions of the new legal? Govt, which has seen support from certain corners.

Freaking out in all caps doesn't help his situation now does it? Also, he previously refused to reveal his source which also strikes me as insinuating some shens. Some people assume the worse because the preliminary evidence points to it (including past behavior).

Sir, I will dump on the NPO with or without an excuse. You've completely misinterpreted everything I've said here as indicated by your ridiculous attempt to paint me as a person that doesn't believe the GGA are scum.

I am simply assaulting your willingness to further specious claims without caring to think about them. If you take offense to your absurd statements being questioned correctly, then reconsider them.

Oh sweet Lord of ROFL.

Keep trying Chron. You'll make it back out of laughing stock some day.

Hello, have we met?

Laughingstock is where I do my best work.

I apologize. I consider the elephant a smarter animal than the hippo and was most likely equating your intelligence (which is at odds with your insults, unfortunately) with that animal. Hippos are pretty cool too, I guess.

You were wrong about the elephants, but right about hippos being cool.

However you look at this, one or more of these alliances have put spin on their side. It seems that the NPO is indeed capable of throwing their allies under a bus as of late (TORN), but then again there has been a need for the GGA to be able to pull themselves out of the black hole of PR they seemed to have obtained over the last few years of CN. Maybe they have found this to be the most constructive way to fix their PR: make it seem like it was all the other guys fault and they were innocient.

No matter what either side is thinking, I think that we can all agree that after this thread is over both the NPO and GGA will come out looking as ditry and soiled as ever.

#1. TORN was not thrown under a bus if you had bothered to read Stumpy's interview with mhawk in one of his Trashcat Corner, since you don't believe anything I have to say. I let you off ZI at least twice; I'm crushed. :P

#2. Telling an ally information that could possibly cause them problems is nothing to be ashamed of; when the dust settles and the truth is shown by mhawk, the NPO will be clean.

A voice of reason. Well said, sir.

It doesn't completely absolve NPO from any wrongdoing lately, but it certainly has to make you think... perhaps NPO nations aren't the only ones being manipulated about their leadership?

I actually think NPO could come out of this looking like the victim of sorts. :o

Weird, huh? Moo's most recent post really has me leaning toward NPO's side of the story. It seems to me that NPO tried to warn GGA, who decided to completely overreact in a manner that we've seen them do before (GGA: OMIGAWD WE DIDN'T DO IT! CN: What? GGA: Oh... you guys don't know yet?) GGA are not exactly known for taking the time to analyze/think things through. As a member of an alliance which has been reviled for most of its existence I dislike judging other alliances by one or two of their actions, but seriously guys... shape up.

#1. TORN was not thrown under a bus if you had bothered to read Stumpy's interview with mhawk in one of his Trashcat Corner, since you don't believe anything I have to say. I let you off ZI at least twice; I'm crushed. :P

#2. Telling an ally information that could possibly cause them problems is nothing to be ashamed of; when the dust settles and the truth is shown by mhawk, the NPO will be clean.

I actually dont blame you for this, just should have realized GGA isnt exactly the greatest bunch to trust with self preservation.

Edited by Mogar

I don't believe myself to be a knee-jerk reactionary, though I zealously despise the NPO. It would be ridiculous to believe that they could only do no wrong, but I have never seen them do right in the past two years. The sensible course of action here is to believe that they are indeed behaving in a manner I have consistently witnessed them to behave. The problem, of course, arises with the GGA, who have a comparable track record. Nevertheless, I see your point (including the portion I did not quote). The OP does make several dubious allegations. However, I find it hard to believe that Athens would pull surrenders terms on the GGA and attack then again. They have, in my experience, proven far more honourable than both the NPO and TPF. I don't believe I've ever known them to behave in such a manner, and yet similar acts of treachery are frequent tools of the NPO and her meatshields.

I don't have any experience with Athens, positive or negative, to evaluate them by, but I don't think anyone is actually claiming that they were going to attack GGA again, and I don't have any reason to doubt them in that regard. The question is more "Was Moo intentionally deceitful or was Moo just mistaken?" Everybody immediately assumed the former, because that's what they were told and, I suppose, because that's what they want to believe (or because they already believe Moo to routinely be intentionally deceitful), even though the latter seemed at least as likely.

I suppose the question now has become, "Who told mhawk, and why?" And to that I absolutely no idea and I won't bother trying to dissect it, it sounds like a mentally painful experience.

Oh of course the NPO is clean. Thank God for that.

Telling an ally information that could possibly cause them problems is nothing to be ashamed of; when the dust settles and the truth is shown by mhawk, the NPO will be clean.

Telling an ally information that could possibly cause them problems without checking it first is something to be ashamed of.