NG's Not Only Reasonable, but Kind Offer

Caustic

On 12/5/2022 at 9:44 PM, Sarkin said:

Nope, I accounted for that in the third bullet point. You've had the (dubious) advantage of your upper-tier nations having been burned down for months. Despite that, the recent net damage changes are still barely in your favor. 

Listen, it was the right strategy. Y'all were never going to win the upper-tier battle no matter how cleverly you played it; it was indeed lost from the beginning. By just saying "to heck with it!" and getting them all burned down immediately, it did give you better numbers in the upper-midtier, and you benefitted from that initial sacrifice over the late summer and fall.

However, if your argument that the advantage is growing over time were accurate, then we would expect to see an increasing velocity of net damage improvement for your coalition, right? Well, let's look at the stats:

• Early September to early October: +268,322
  • Early October to early November: +314,202
  • Early November to early December: +94,701

There's nothing for you to be ashamed of here. You are making gains, after all. But the story of these stats is that you've already maximized your advantage in the upper-midtier, and now those nations are entering the same situation our super-tier nations have been in: not able to do as much in the moment because they're out of or low on targets. It's a success for your coalition, but it's turned out to be a limited one, and not enough to snowball into something greater or eliminate your deficit in any kind of timely manner.

I actually spoke to this point two months ago. Here's the link, for convenience's sake; I don't expect you to have an encyclopedic knowledge of everyone's posts made over the course of the war. The relevant part is the response to Canik.

I agreed then and now that you've accomplished a big objective: the seven-year hegemony was successfully challenged, and we've moved back to a multi-polar world. Personally, I'm proud about the hegemony's endurance over time (Non Grata included, once upon a time), but it's honestly pretty exciting to move into the next phase of this world. Sure, I would've preferred for it to continue, but this is a pretty good alternative. 

Anyway, from our perspective, we didn't start this war. So, naturally, we didn't have objectives on day one other than to defend ourselves. Over time, we decided on some objectives. One of them was to win the war in a literal, conventional sense, which the stats demonstrate we've done.

This is a lot like the peace negotiations discussion: just like it's OK and not even particularly surprising that each coalition had different things they wanted out of the peace talks, it's OK and not even particularly surprising that each coalition has different measures of success for the war. 

Consequently, It would be as silly for you to deny my contention that the stats mattered to us as it would be for me to deny your contention that your objectives mattered to you. Both can be true at the same time.

Who cares about Upper/Mid Tier if our coalition now has very few nations there.

Means your coalition has a load of bloat nations now which are irrelevant to being able to prosecute war against us for far into the future.

Your coalition upper tiers are now in the situation umbrella was for many years.

Unable to prosecute a war because they're allied to everyone.

Edited by Stewie

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, White Chocolate said:

Perhaps some of the alliances fighting on your side should "have a mind of their own."  Any objections?  I thought so. 

Kinda proves how silly the idea that our side is fractured and not together, eh? Kinda proves it’s…exactly the opposite. No one on this side wants to move over, otherwise they surely could have. 

2 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

Kinda proves how silly the idea that our side is fractured and not together, eh? Kinda proves it’s…exactly the opposite. No one on this side wants to move over, otherwise they surely could have. 

I feel like they don't even remember half of what they post.

11 hours ago, CrinkledStraw said:

LOLRFL.  Well, okay - I mean no one from your side could take peace early (and certainly not do what Polar has done to our side) without a !@#$load of verbal abuse, name calling,  !@#$%*ing and harassment generally, both on the OWF and on discord from you all. 

5 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

LOLRFL.  Well, okay - I mean no one from your side could take peace early (and certainly not do what Polar has done to our side) without a !@#$load of verbal abuse, name calling,  !@#$%*ing and harassment generally, both on the OWF and on discord from you all. 

I'm curious, are you personally happy with how Claws has done in this war overall? Do you personally in your own opinion look at your alliance and say, "I am so proud of the members of Claws, they have done well for the allies we are defending and I am thrilled to be allowed to lead them"?

Do you think Claws has done well in this war?

24 minutes ago, White Chocolate said:

Sounds like you really made Polar think twice about staying in Oculus, this is some STRONG projection.

1 hour ago, White Chocolate said:

CLAMS could leave the war early and nobody on either side would even notice.  

CLAMS:  Hey guys we are leaving the war

CLAMS:  Hello is anybody here?
GATO: what war?

CLAMS: The big one

GATO: oh is that still going on?

CLAMS:  Um anybody else?

VE:  are we in the war?  And are we on the same side?

CLAMS: Yes and Yes, IRON, NPO are you here

IRON: Please leave a message at the beep

NPO: Hi I am here, what it is this place?  Who are you people?

CLAMS: Oh good, are you high in the Government?

NPO:  I joined the game 2 days ago but, I am acting emperor at the moment 

CLAMS: uhhh any Doom people here?

NPO: No those guys think we all suck, um so are you surrendering to us or something?

CLAMS:  forget it

VE: who was that?

NPO: CLAMS, I think they wanted to end the war or something?  

GATO:  No noob CLAMS disbanded months ago. 

2 hours ago, Lyanna Mormont said:

I'm curious, are you personally happy with how Claws has done in this war overall? Do you personally in your own opinion look at your alliance and say, "I am so proud of the members of Claws, they have done well for the allies we are defending and I am thrilled to be allowed to lead them"?

Do you think Claws has done well in this war?

Did you know...

New Pacific Order sucks.

Independent Republic of Orange Nations sucks.

CLAWS sucks.

Freehold of the Wolves sucks.

Knights of the Round Table sucks.

Global Alliance and Treaty Organization sucks.

New Polar Order sucks.

The Legion sucks.

Green Protection Agency sucks.

Orange Defense Network sucks.

The Dark Templar sucks.

Argent sucks.

Non Grata sucks.

NATO sucks.

DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE sucks.

Viridian Entente sucks.

The Templar Knights sucks.

Fark sucks.

The Order of the Black Rose sucks.

Sparta sucks.

Federation of Armed Nations sucks.

The Grand Lodge of Freemasons sucks.

Christian Coalition of Countries sucks.

Mostly Harmless Alliance sucks.

The Last Remnants sucks.

Post Grunge Supergroup sucks.

Nordreich sucks.

The Prussian Empire sucks.

Coalition of Royal Allied Powers sucks.

Random Insanity Alliance sucks.

We Are Perth Army sucks.

Union of Communist Republics sucks.

Pirates of the Parrot Order sucks.

United Purple Nations sucks.

Wayward Sons sucks.

Doom Squad sucks.

The Killer Turtle Brigade sucks.

Doom Wolves sucks.

Welcome to Planet Bob in year 16, on the cusp of year 17.  The alliance performing the best in this war would've been one of the worst performers back in years 2 and 3.  And that's fine!  We're finally having a war worth fighting, the OWF is somewhat active, !@#$ talking is back, and I'm actually enjoying beating on my keyboard over spreadsheets again.  And for that, I applaud FTW and NATO for orchestrating the start of this war.  But don't forget that we all still suck in the end.

1 minute ago, Jason8 said:

Did you know...

New Pacific Order sucks.

Independent Republic of Orange Nations sucks.

CLAWS sucks.

Freehold of the Wolves sucks.

Knights of the Round Table sucks.

Global Alliance and Treaty Organization sucks.

New Polar Order sucks.

The Legion sucks.

Green Protection Agency sucks.

Orange Defense Network sucks.

The Dark Templar sucks.

Argent sucks.

Non Grata sucks.

NATO sucks.

DOOMBIRD DOOMCAVE sucks.

Viridian Entente sucks.

The Templar Knights sucks.

Fark sucks.

Sparta sucks.

Federation of Armed Nations sucks.

The Grand Lodge of Freemasons sucks.

Christian Coalition of Countries sucks.

Mostly Harmless Alliance sucks.

The Last Remnants sucks.

Post Grunge Supergroup sucks.

Nordreich sucks.

The Prussian Empire sucks.

Coalition of Royal Allied Powers sucks.

Random Insanity Alliance sucks.

We Are Perth Army sucks.

Union of Communist Republics sucks.

Pirates of the Parrot Order sucks.

United Purple Nations sucks.

Wayward Sons sucks.

Doom Squad sucks.

The Killer Turtle Brigade sucks.

Doom Wolves sucks.

Welcome to Planet Bob in year 16, on the cusp of year 17.  The alliance performing the best in this war would've been one of the worst performers back in years 2 and 3.  And that's fine!  We're finally having a war worth fighting, the OWF is somewhat active, !@#$ talking is back, and I'm actually enjoying beating on my keyboard over spreadsheets again.  And for that, I applaud FTW and NATO for orchestrating the start of this war.  But don't forget that we all still suck in the end.

Some of us are beating other things while looking over spreadsheets

9 hours ago, Jason8 said:

Did you know...

The Order of the Black Rose sucketh.

Fixed it.

I will have you know that it is not whether one 'sucketh', but the quality and classiness in the delivery of the 'suckethness'.

One should offer the sucketh with some mediaeval flavour, general bonhomie, fellowship, and lanolin on one's pursed lips. 

8 hours ago, W_A_R said:

Fixed it.

I will have you know that it is not whether one 'sucketh', but the quality and classiness in the delivery of the 'suckethness'.

One should offer the sucketh with some mediaeval flavour, general bonhomie, fellowship, and lanolin on one's pursed lips. 

okay this one was pretty good

9 hours ago, W_A_R said:

Fixed it.

Oh man, thanks for the laugh.  

On 12/7/2022 at 10:05 AM, Stewie said:

Who cares about Upper/Mid Tier if our coalition now has very few nations there.

Means your coalition has a load of bloat nations now which are irrelevant to being able to prosecute war against us for far into the future.

Your coalition upper tiers are now in the situation umbrella was for many years.

Unable to prosecute a war because they're allied to everyone.

I've tried reaching on discord but it seems you sleep alot. Let's talk about the past.