NpO FA Update

9 minutes ago, Bob said:

Happy we are all acknowledging that NATO and FTW attacked DT in addition.  Unfortunately without any wars, but to each their own!

I don't know what you are talking about. This is a defensive war. Doom declared on us. We are only defending ourselves.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Gh0s7 said:

I dont join in these topics often, but just to be clear, DT has been Doom since at around 2014, when we allied them as Doomsquad, and when DBDC signed their treaty. They're not  /trying/ to be doom; they are doom. And they've been some of our best allies throughout that time. You want to bash Polar, carry on. But DTs ties to Doom are not a subject you are educated on. 

Forgive my ignorance, but where is that documentation? How is anyone supposed to work with undeclared treaties and groups? I guess we will accept your word. 

Then, by your own admission, by Polar actively plotting against Doom, they were also actively plotting against DT. Thanks for that clarification. 

27 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Its just quite a forceful clarification is all, I'm sure they're deeply sorry if any egos were wounded due to the omission of Dark Temple's name and association with you guys in the OP.

It appears to me that you post to try and remain in conversations.

18 hours ago, HeroofTime55 said:

Nah, they didn't have to ditch allies. They're just dutifully following instructions from their superiors.

You’re going to have to be more specific as “superior” in relation to Polar is very vague.

Edited by Andrewb610
Clarity.

12 minutes ago, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Yeah on the rare occasion conversations and dialogue is taking place I like to join in. That's what this place called the "Open World Forum" is for isn't it?

Exactly! I don’t know who half these people are but I enjoy good humor I don’t understand as much as the next guy. I know you get that.

1 minute ago, Galtian Commune said:

Your ignorance is forgiven

It really is mind-boggling how many people have forgotten that. It was all the news when it was signed back then. Shows the quality of FA diligence, though. :popcorn:

Edited by DeathAdder

48 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

Forgive my ignorance, but where is that documentation? How is anyone supposed to work with undeclared treaties and groups? I guess we will accept your word. 

Then, by your own admission, by Polar actively plotting against Doom, they were also actively plotting against DT. Thanks for that clarification. 

You’re talking about different things. Documentation, and Doom.

DT does have direct treaties with other Doom alliances. We don’t disclose information about our treaty with DT, but there is one.

Doom is a culture, though. And DT fits that culture. 

2 hours ago, firingline said:

You’re talking about different things. Documentation, and Doom.

DT does have direct treaties with other Doom alliances. We don’t disclose information about our treaty with DT, but there is one.

Doom is a culture, though. And DT fits that culture. 

I don’t want to take away from Polar’s poor decision making anymore than I have to so I’ll leave the doom discussion to the other thread. 

On 6/27/2022 at 9:21 AM, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

I don’t want to take away from Polar’s poor decision making anymore than I have to so I’ll leave the doom discussion to the other thread. 

I have no idea what is happening and no real interest in the actual situation, but I will not let a drive-by from a bottom feeder alliance like CCC go unnoticed.  Having contributed nothing, ever, to the greater CN community, you haven't earned the right to wipe our collective arse let alone take pot shots.  Get thee behind me.

5 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I have no idea what is happening and no real interest in the actual situation, but I will not let a drive-by from a bottom feeder alliance like CCC go unnoticed.  Having contributed nothing, ever, to the greater CN community, you haven't earned the right to wipe our collective arse let alone take pot shots.  Get thee behind me.

Good to see you around. And bringing the heat with 100% factual statements. 

37 minutes ago, AlmightyGrub said:

LMAO from Polar no less. Did your masters in Pacifica approve this message?

9 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

How the (al)mighty(grub) has fallen, getting kicked in the teeth so many times must have really shaken something loose up there.

Edit:  It's actually kind of funny that after all this time NpO ended up as the NPO blue colony after all :D  real life example of closing by return.

Edited by berbers

9 hours ago, AlmightyGrub said:

I see they let you out of @lilweirdward’s retirement home to make this comment. 

Sincerely yours,

- A bottom feeder alliance member

45 minutes ago, 603Redneck said:

*Polar does what their puppet master Pacifica tells them to

Fixed it for you^

Polaris has a lot more autonomy than you give them credit. Turns out that for you independent action is defined as whatever NG wants, which is why you're in NoR trying to rally instead of on the mother ship.

28 minutes ago, Tevron said:

Polaris has a lot more autonomy than you give them credit. Turns out that for you independent action is defined as whatever NG wants, which is why you're in NoR trying to rally instead of on the mother ship.

I am willing to credit Doom with some autonomy, but I am not willing to do so with Polaris, that is an overly generous assessment.  Even when I was there, pushing for an independent thought, the feedback was largely along the lines of "We'd like that but we can't upset NPO."  Polar FA policy revolves around hiding behind Mommy Pacifica like a frightened child. Even if they want to dip their toes in the water, at the first sign of anything, they are startled and run directly back to Mommy for safety.

Grub deserves better.