NpO FA Update

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, firingline said:

You made this a whole lot less fun than it could have been.

Disappointing.

Man I wish you weren’t in Doom Squad. Being wasted over there. 

I remember when NpO left NSO out to dry during BiPolar. I held a grudge for years, but at least I can credit them for at least not running from a fight (they were just running toward a different one).

This here though is nothing worth holding a grudge over. This here is just weak. Best of luck to you, Polar. You've always oscillated between great leadership and mediocrity. Here's to the pendulum swinging back soon!

1 hour ago, Lord Hershey said:

Quite a bold move, Polar. Best of luck.

You know what would have actually been a bold move?

unknown.png

Apparently they changed their minds, though, huh? I'm sure Polar will be very loyal friends to everyone they haven't cancelled, though!

oh no, the TRUTH has come out; what a shock, what a fright

the sense of betrayal is overwhelming, everything changes now

motion filed to invoke Section 9 of Novus Ordo Seclorum to expel Polar from our hallowed grounds

6 minutes ago, Sarkin said:

oh no, the TRUTH has come out; what a shock, what a fright

the sense of betrayal is overwhelming, everything changes now

motion filed to invoke Section 9 of Novus Ordo Seclorum to expel Polar from our hallowed grounds

Ah yes, some good old fashioned sarcasm. So, what? It doesn't matter that Polar wanted to roll Doom as long as they didn't follow through? Or you knew they were telling people they wanted to roll Doom even though they never meant it?

Either way, if the angle you're going for is that you successfully used Polar to bait NATO and FTW into war then congrats, I guess. I feel like that only makes Polar look even more two-faced and spineless, but at least you got what you wanted, eh?

1 minute ago, lilweirdward said:

Ah yes, some good old fashioned sarcasm. So, what? It doesn't matter that Polar wanted to roll Doom as long as they didn't follow through? Or you knew they were telling people they wanted to roll Doom even though they never meant it?

Either way, if the angle you're going for is that you successfully used Polar to bait NATO and FTW into war then congrats, I guess. I feel like that only makes Polar look even more two-faced and spineless, but at least you got what you wanted, eh?

I think that Polar, like every alliance of meaningful prominence and longevity, has some negative history with a few other alliances and, everything else aside, would enjoy fighting them. Doom is that "if I could, I would" sphere for many.

I also think that Polar, like every serious alliance in history, has talked about a lot of scenarios with a lot of people. It would be ridiculous not to. 

There was no bait, no trick. It was a legitimate opening that your lot fumbled through a mixture of poor communication and never treating Polar as more than a means to an end. 

It's absurd that you act as though this announcement was some grand betrayal. The reality is that your mask fell off and it simply confirmed their hunch: that you were fundamentally untrustworthy and unkind, and therefore unworthy to remain allies. That's all.

36 minutes ago, Sarkin said:

I think that Polar, like every alliance of meaningful prominence and longevity, has some negative history with a few other alliances and, everything else aside, would enjoy fighting them. Doom is that "if I could, I would" sphere for many.

I also think that Polar, like every serious alliance in history, has talked about a lot of scenarios with a lot of people. It would be ridiculous not to. 

There was no bait, no trick. It was a legitimate opening that your lot fumbled through a mixture of poor communication and never treating Polar as more than a means to an end. 

It's absurd that you act as though this announcement was some grand betrayal. The reality is that your mask fell off and it simply confirmed their hunch: that you were fundamentally untrustworthy and unkind, and therefore unworthy to remain allies. That's all.

Too many people using you to liberally. *NATO, FTW, and NG were fundamentally untrustworthy and unkind, and therefore unworthy to remain allies.

I fixed it for you. 😉

Despite the fact that two months ago Polar was plotting with NATO to roll Doomsphere(Including you DT), and then chickened out when the first date got close. I think that was after Polar entered discussions to join a new bloc and leave Oculus? Or was that when they were going to build XX as a rival to RFI and Oculus and tried to undermine their allies then? I don't know, they've been so unreliable for the last year I'm glad they chose to go back to Oculus. Their true colors showed through. Did I miss anything @lilweirdward?

Seems like you need to have some talks with your allies. I think you would find them to be fundamentally untrustworthy and unkind, and therefore unworthy to be your ally. 

6 minutes ago, Sarkin said:

Come on, the only reason you're taking this perspective is because you feel like it worked out in your favor. "Having a lot of talks with a lot of people" is literally the CB that Oculus tried to use to roll NG and COBRA last year, and it's been used as a CB plenty of times throughout Bob's history. I mean honestly, I agree that talking about wanting to fight people is not a legit CB or even some heinous thing that no one does, but if I knew that one of my allies was openly admitting to other alliances that they would attack me if they thought they could get away with it, I would probably not be super happy about it unless it was to gloat about how far under my thumb they are that they know they can't attack me if they tried.

11 minutes ago, Sarkin said:

This could not be further from the truth if you tried. NATO absolutely bent over backwards to do what Polar wanted, and were openly lauded as Polar's closest ally because of it. I honestly don't know what happened or if Polar was ever even being genuine about their friendship to begin with, but you cannot convince me that NATO deciding to plan a war on their own - one that not only did not directly affect Polar, but was something that Polar had originally been planning themselves before deciding that they "couldn't be in the first or second wave" - was even remotely some sort of betrayal of trust that warranted this kind of portrayal. They were incredible allies from day one until the end, and to be treated like this deserves every last bit of scorn that they're receiving across most of Planet Bob right now.

56 minutes ago, lilweirdward said:

It doesn't matter that Polar wanted to roll Doom as long as they didn't follow through? Or you knew they were telling people they wanted to roll Doom even though they never meant it?

I'm surprised I need to tell you this, but this has been a known known for like two years now. Like, Polar didn't even hide it, they straight up told us (that is, both Argent and RFI) multiple times in the last year alone point blank they wanted to roll Doom (and would if they could). There's even one venue I can think of where DBDC was present when it was said.

I think that our own recent treaty with them includes the 'oNAP' clause serves as an indicator of our feelings on the subject.

25 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

Despite the fact that two months ago Polar was plotting with NATO to roll Doomsphere(Including you DT)

Could you please verify this with a screenshot of a log where I expressed interest in attacking a fellow Oculus member? Since we're at the point of dropping screenshots, anyways. My memory is foggy in my old age.

10 minutes ago, Buuyo said:

Could you please verify this with a screenshot of a log where I expressed interest in attacking a fellow Oculus member? Since we're at the point of dropping screenshots, anyways. My memory is foggy in my old age.

I do apologize good Buuyo. You agreed to hit Doom, not DT. Even though we all know DT wants to be Doom, as evidenced in another thread. It's hard to keep up with who is who these days. All the back channel talks, etc. 

2 minutes ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

I do apologize good Buuyo. You agreed to hit Doom, not DT. Even though we all know DT wants to be Doom, as evidenced in another thread. It's hard to keep up with who is who these days. All the back channel talks, etc. 

It really is hard to keep up, so I don't blame you for mixing things up.

1 hour ago, A1ph4 0m3ga said:

I dont join in these topics often, but just to be clear, DT has been Doom since at around 2014, when we allied them as Doomsquad, and when DBDC signed their treaty. They're not  /trying/ to be doom; they are doom. And they've been some of our best allies throughout that time. You want to bash Polar, carry on. But DTs ties to Doom are not a subject you are educated on. 

Edited by Gh0s7

1 minute ago, Gh0s7 said:

I dont join in these topics often, but just to be clear, DT has been Doom since at around 2014, when we allied them as Doomsquad, and when DBDC signed their treaty. They're not  /trying/ to be doom; they are doom. And they've been some of our best allies throughout that time. You want to bash Polar, carry on. But DTs ties to Doom are not a subject you are educated on. 

Really touched a nerve eh?

28 minutes ago, firingline said:

What makes you think that?

We’re just clarifying. Since you all seem very confused.

Its just quite a forceful clarification is all, I'm sure they're deeply sorry if any egos were wounded due to the omission of Dark Temple's name and association with you guys in the OP.

Just now, Johnny Apocalypse said:

Its just quite a forceful clarification is all, I'm sure they're deeply sorry if any egos were wounded due to the omission of Dark Temple's name and association with you guys in the OP.

Happy we are all acknowledging that NATO and FTW attacked DT in addition.  Unfortunately without any wars, but to each their own!

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Happy we are all acknowledging that NATO and FTW attacked DT in addition.  Unfortunately without any wars, but to each their own!

Bob,

The announcement was very vauge on details. Thought it did specifically list the animalz we were hunting. Templar not being included.

All that to say. Its an open bloc party, the whiskey's cold and the wars are plentiful. 

With regards, 

Joseph M. Black