Announcement from the Mushroom Kingdom

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a sad day for planet Bob. The most worthy adversary, in political level, in planet Bob and surely the second most influential alliance ever existed (biased opinion ;)). A determined group of people (a quality that was there from the LUE era) that I respected for their effort and their dedication in achieving their goals. It was a great ride gentlemen, thank you for making this interesting.

I think the most sad part about this is that this could have been done in 2008 if SF had just destroyed MK for spying on RIA back then. :(

Also i drew a picture of a dolphin and hung it on my face, amifunnyyet?

Edited by Rotavele

Finally.

GGA was better. They at least stayed around a few years after they got their ass beat. Seriously, this is why everyone called you LUE 2.0.

Bye MK.

Bye NoR

Five years ago, people called us LUE 2.0 (and stopped doing so about 4 years ago) because of something that happened in the present day?

???

(also, having retired from the political arena, I had no idea that people still existed who pretended you all "won" the last war. literally laughing out loud right now.)

spacedolphins.jpg

Edited by New Frontier

MK was a worthy opponent for NPO sad to see them go.

I have a feeling down the road someone will raise MK’s flag again.   It will never be the same though.  Rarely is.

Good luck to former members.

were mk's flag to ever rise again we've committed ourselves to bringing it down burning

any mk reformation will never be sanctioned by people who matter

This is really a shame, but I suppose there was nothing that could be done any longer. MK has had such a storied history in this realm with it's culture, politics and overall characters that came from this community. While always controversial, they were one of the lead writers in the book of history, on this planet. It's always a shame to see such influential and contributive communities, leave this game.

RIP MK, this truly has been a sad few days.

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

For me, MK went from a foe, to a great friend, and then foe once again. A worthy and capable adversary and one of the few alliances this game has seen that knew how to get shit done. I watched them grow from a small underdog, a spirited and principled band of misfits, to a force drunk on power and willing to sacrifice any and all principles and honor in the pursuit of abusing its power and position. MK never really learned how leadership worked and put way too much faith in inactive and inattentive leadership. I hated most of its members, found it to overall deteriorate and harm the politics of this game and ultimately bring said politics to the current low and overall pathetic state we find it in. MK sheltered the worst elements of this game and encouraged the overall decline in this very forum that I am posting on simply to pay respects and otherwise find unusable and pointless.

MK was unique, often powerful, interesting, and certainly has impacted this game like very few others. I won't miss it, but anyone who claims they, and this event, are not significant are idiots. MK got shit done, did it their way, and anyone who underestimated them found out how much of a mistake that was.

It was an interesting ride. Goodbye, Mushroom Kingdom.

Well said.

Remarkable news are produced these days. Some of the people reading all of this might fleer, some might still bemoan the rapine of their nations in past wars with MK and some dogs may pitifully latrate in the backyard, to make up a picture. At any rate, a global force will be missed with MK's disbandment.

Finally.

GGA was better. They at least stayed around a few years after they got their ass beat. Seriously, this is why everyone called you LUE 2.0.

Bye MK.

Bye NoR

You're cute.  Tell me, Rotavele, what have YOU done in this world?

The Mushroom Kingdom was the first place in this world I truly felt at home, and remained that way for a solid half decade. That's a [i]large[/i] amount time. The Kingdom long ago accomplished the initial goals it sought to achieve, and only through continuously striving to one-up itself were they able to remain at the very top of the political structure. Eventually this became quite tiring and repetitive. Despite how anyone may try and spin this, the truth of the matter is that MK simply out grew this game to the point that apathy took hold.

[OOC]You have to consider how long it's been - six full years of existence. Considering for a moment the size of the community, which was never fond of mass recruiting new members, only poaching established friends and diplomats. These are people who were roughly in their latter years of high school or early years of college when MK was created. Today, many of them have much more rigorous higher education studies, jobs, families, or all of the above. The time commitment just wasn't there anymore nor the will to keep repeating the same tired actions.[/OOC]

MK over its time has considered nearly every corner of the globe a friend at some point or another, even if never formalizing it via treaty obligations. I think that should be the greatest takeaway from how successful they were as an alliance - their relentless pursuit of keeping the game on its toes. In a world where reactions dictate generic alliance policy, MK was one of the only alliances that was regularly proactive in its action.

My only regret is my own failure to help you guys get here today. I'm so happy for you guys and wonder what in the hell I'm doing myself.

The Mushroom Kingdom was the first place in this world I truly felt at home, and remained that way for a solid half decade. That's a large amount time. The Kingdom long ago accomplished the initial goals it sought to achieve, and only through continuously striving to one-up itself were they able to remain at the very top of the political structure. Eventually this became quite tiring and repetitive. Despite how anyone may try and spin this, the truth of the matter is that MK simply out grew this game to the point that apathy took hold.

[OOC]You have to consider how long it's been - six full years of existence. Considering for a moment the size of the community, which was never fond of mass recruiting new members, only poaching established friends and diplomats. These are people who were roughly in their latter years of high school or early years of college when MK was created. Today, many of them have much more rigorous higher education studies, jobs, families, or all of the above. The time commitment just wasn't there anymore nor the will to keep repeating the same tired actions.[/OOC]

MK over its time has considered nearly every corner of the globe a friend at some point or another, even if never formalizing it via treaty obligations. I think that should be the greatest takeaway from how successful they were as an alliance - their relentless pursuit of keeping the game on its toes. In a world where reactions dictate generic alliance policy, MK was one of the only alliances that was regularly proactive in its action.

My only regret is my own failure to help you guys get here today. I'm so happy for you guys and wonder what in the hell I'm doing myself.

It's not too late to join us.