Peace Announcement

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you still congratulate them on their fighting prowess in three to four months from now, it will be something. For now, saluting those who surrendered is polite, yet often done with ulterior motives, especially by the victors.

Eh, my ulterior motives are that many of my friends live in that alliance, no matter what side they fell on in this war.  They're good guys who did what needed to be done.  Hopefully for most, that lasts way beyond the fruits of some forum PR push--and well after the last blackened rifle has been set aside in this war. 

Edited by sammykhalifa

Eh, my ulterior motives are that many of my friends live in that alliance, no matter what side they fell on in this war.  They're good guys who did what needed to be done.  Hopefully for most, that lasts way beyond the fruits of some forum PR push--and well after the last blackened rifle has been set aside in this war. 

I don't consider you part of the victorious party either.

Congrats to UCON on peace! For a small, young alliance with ties on both sides (more ties to Equilibrium's side, in fact), it's indeed unfounded for some to criticize you over this. Besides, your exit has received the blessing of the ally you entered to defend. What more can they expect? 

I don't consider you part of the victorious party either.

Oh, yeah, sorry, you weren't invited to the victors' party. That might be source of your delusion.

In other news, our front has been mostly civil, but I'll be sure to file your comment under unnecessarily snarky. 

Edited by Farnsworth

Oh, yeah, sorry, you're not invited to the victors' party. That might be source of your the delusion.

In other news, our front has been mostly civil, but I'll be sure to file your comment under unnecessarily snarky. 

I was hoping it would be a parade.

Congrats to UCON on peace! For a small, young alliance with ties on both sides (more ties to Equilibrium's side, in fact), it's indeed unfounded for some to criticize you over this. Besides, your exit has received the blessing of the ally you entered to defend. What more can they expect? 

Oh, yeah, sorry, you weren't invited to the victors' party. That might be source of your the delusion.

You're getting me wrong.

My second comment in this thread targeted the victors who often shower praise on the early alliances to surrender in the hopes to facilitate more surrenders ("see, it's not too bad, people aren't bashing you as you thought they'd, etc."). Sammy commented about his own motives for praising UCoN. I merely replied that I didn't consider DT as part of the group of "victors" in this particular case (and it's true, unless DT was at war with UCoN and I didn't know it?) and thus didn't target him or his comrades with my initial comment. It wasn't snarky and wasn't meant to be offensive.

As a sidenote, my first comment was to compliment UCoN on their fighting. 

While some won't admit it and EQ will attempt to deride it, I think this is the overall sentiment as far as DH & C&G are concerned. Anyone on that side who insults UCoN over this should be given a [b]stern talking-to[/b] considering the circumstances involved. And those on EQ that are attempting to spread division forget that nobody cares about the OWF so much these days once the page count clears 5.

EQ would hail any alliance that left this war on the other side, would they not?

Hey, I coined that phrase in the Karma war, I demand royalties.

You're getting me wrong.

My second comment in this thread targeted the victors who often shower praise on the early alliances to surrender in the hopes to facilitate more surrenders ("see, it's not too bad, people aren't bashing you as you thought they'd, etc."). Sammy commented about his own motives for praising UCoN. I merely replied that I didn't consider DT as part of the group of "victors" in this particular case (and it's true, unless DT was at war with UCoN and I didn't know it?) and thus didn't target him or his comrades with my initial comment. It wasn't snarky and wasn't meant to be offensive.

As a sidenote, my first comment was to compliment UCoN on their fighting. 

I merely congratulate pretty much any alliance that gets peace, be it the same side I'm fighting, or the enemy side.  I can understand your feelings on ulterior motives, but such is not the case, at least for me.  Any alliance willing to come into the fray for an ally that wasn't directly part of the reason for the war, I congratulate for defending an ally.  Also, coming from leading a small alliance, I always have much respect for them taking on usually a larger alliance to help out their friends, and I always appreciated praise that was given for doing so, as usually the smaller alliances are shadowed by the larger alliance on being praised.  Obviously this peace is not going to change the final outcome of the war, but at least should be given praise for doing as much as the could.

And personally, I don't believe the "Ulterior motives" really would play a role as well.  The bigger alliances have fought in enough wars to know just because someone peaces out, doesn't mean they can/should as well.  I think most have had enough experience on choosing the right decision, not based off since 1 has peaced out and haven't gotten flamed, it's alright for us to.  I think that decision is more based on if they're in fact doing anything beneficial for their side, besides the majority of the nations bill locked or unable to do any damage to their enemy, along with consulting with their other allies on that decision. 

But yes, usually it seems when the first peace has been made, it usually has a domino effect...though I don't think a smaller alliance getting peace is really going to initiate such.  But also, the domino effect I feel is more in regards to how long, and how beat down their alliance members are, rather then because someone has gotten peace ahead of them

Congrats on peace to all involved and I give a tip of the hat to DB4D for securing a surrender. Considering this global war has been going on for close to 2 months now, I'm surprised we didn't see the first surrender happen a while ago. At this point I don't think anyone can give valid criticism against an alliance like UCoN for finally taking their exit.

Edited by Methrage

So the coalition that UCON was a part of doesn't like this, and UCON, their friends, and the coalition they surrendered to are busy defending it as a perfectly acceptable action. Yawn.

This is pretty much a total dose of sensationalism. I bet you could count the number of UCON detractors in this thread on less than 1 hand, yet somehow, you still search out a way to put all of that on one broad brush and swoosh it all over everything. Anything for a soundbyte I guess.

In fact, going back to look... at the time your post was made.. there was  a grand total of two (not one, but TWO!) comments about UCON that could have been seen as disparaging. I can certainly see why you would draw the conclusion that the coalition UCON was part of doesnt like this. After all... 2 is ... well... its 2... Just stop.

Edit: Also, the mere fact that you equate Gloin to "the coalition that UCON was part of"... will do nothing but swell his ego! 

Edited by Rush Sykes

This is pretty much a total dose of sensationalism. I bet you could count the number of UCON detractors in this thread on less than 1 hand, yet somehow, you still search out a way to put all of that on one broad brush and swoosh it all over everything. Anything for a soundbyte I guess.

In fact, going back to look... at the time your post was made.. there was  a grand total of two (not one, but TWO!) comments about UCON that could have been seen as disparaging. I can certainly see why you would draw the conclusion that the coalition UCON was part of doesnt like this. After all... 2 is ... well... its 2... Just stop.

Edit: Also, the mere fact that you equate Gloin to "the coalition that UCON was part of"... will do nothing but swell his ego

Aside from swelling someone's ego, is there another reason to post on these forums?

Edited by Farnsworth

Edit: Also, the mere fact that you equate Gloin to "the coalition that UCON was part of"... will do nothing but swell his ego! 

You actually took the time to go back and read through all those pages just to make a post about a post that Yevgeni and I already talked about? Jesus, get a hobby.