Peace Announcement

Congratulations on peace to UCoN, NEW and DB4D!! Thank you for fighting with us, UCoN! You have proved very much so that you are a quality alliance with quite the bit of backbone. You've earned peace and best of luck with rebuilding!

As for the rest of EQ posters that probably make up 95% of this thread, attempting to spin that our side is upset with UCoN getting peace early, please keep trying, it's really pathetic to watch.

Given it was the first thing out of your sides mouths what were we supposed to assume?

And I don't doubt that many of your side are happy for UCoN. Probably not happy to lose power on your side but glad that an ally got peace. 

Is that universal on your side? Well the early evidence suggests otherwise.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One person (who isn't even the leader of an alliance) speaks for an entire coalition? Good to know that's how your mind works.

Did you even read what I said? 

to quote caster up there

"try harder"

Edited by Icewolf

Icewolf, on 09 Mar 2013 - 14:43, said:
Given it was the first thing out of your sides mouths what were we supposed to assume?

And I don't doubt that many of your side are happy for UCoN. Probably not happy to lose power on your side but glad that an ally got peace.

Is that universal on your side? Well the early evidence suggests otherwise.

So what you are saying is that because we had two people on our side, within the first half an hour of the OP post in discontent of UCoN, is then a microcosm of all of Competence Coalition? There afterwards, I have failed to find any other member of our coalition bashing UCoN for accepting peace. My assumption is that those two members were misinformed on the situation, and posted on what they knew at the time. That tends to happen from time to time, it's called a mistake and I for sure know that I have been guilty of that in the past as well.

The problem is, you in particular, along with multiple others have posted in the last 6 pages about how we disregard UCoN for not being loyal or running away from the war, etc. That being said, the past 6 pages have also been composed of Competence Coalition posters that have congratulated UCoN on peace and thanked them for fighting with us. As for your statement in bold, if you are saying that you are assuming that we have an issue with UCoN, that is just simply wrong. With all of the information I just summed up, it's deducing me to two possible conclusions. That 1) the lot of EQ posters clearly show a major inability to critically think and process information or 2) EQ posters are attempting to spin the information displayed in this thread to try are muster UCoN onto their side for the future.

Quite honestly, neither conclusion would really shock me, but for the sake of all of us being rational beings, I'm going to conclude that the second outcome is the probable answer, for this case. So again, please make your attempts much more constructed and try to have some concrete evidence to prove your 'assumptions'.

Gloin, on 09 Mar 2013 - 14:48, said:
One person (who isn't even the leader of an alliance) speaks for an entire coalition? Good to know that's how your mind works.

Seems to be a reoccurring trend with the quality posters IRON is producing these days.

So what you are saying is that because we had two people on our side, within the first half an hour of the OP post in discontent of UCoN, is then a microcosm of all of Competence Coalition? There afterwards, I have failed to find any other member of our coalition bashing UCoN for accepting peace. My assumption is that those two members were misinformed on the situation, and posted on what they knew at the time. That tends to happen from time to time, it's called a mistake and I for sure know that I have been guilty of that in the past as well.

The problem is, you in particular, along with multiple others have posted in the last 6 pages about how we disregard UCoN for not being loyal or running away from the war, etc. That being said, the past 6 pages have also been composed of Competence Coalition posters that have congratulated UCoN on peace and thanked them for fighting with us. As for your statement in bold, if you are saying that you are assuming that we have an issue with UCoN, that is just simply wrong. With all of the information I just summed up, it's deducing me to two possible conclusions. That 1) the lot of EQ posters clearly show a major inability to critically think and process information or 2) EQ posters are attempting to spin the information displayed in this thread to try are muster UCoN onto their side for the future.

Quite honestly, neither conclusion would really shock me, but for the sake of all of us being rational beings, I'm going to conclude that the second outcome is the probable answer, for this case. So again, please make your attempts much more constructed and try to have some concrete evidence to prove your 'assumptions'.Seems to be a reoccurring trend with the quality posters IRON is producing these days.

The reoccurring trend is (in)competence failing to read what is actually written, Maybe this is why they think they are winning...they deny what is actually said. 

I expressly said that many people on the (in)competence side are probably happy about this. 

However, (in)competence side is not united. There are those on your side who are unhappy about this. That they saw rapidly that their PR spin line was going to be a disaster and are now retracting like crazy does not change that. 

The reoccurring trend is (in)competence failing to read what is actually written, Maybe this is why they think they are winning...they deny what is actually said. 

I expressly said that many people on the (in)competence side are probably happy about this. 

However, (in)competence side is not united. There are those on your side who are unhappy about this. That they saw rapidly that their PR spin line was going to be a disaster and are now retracting like crazy does not change that. 

That's not at all what you said. Maybe you should restate your original opinion in a proper format using the English language like you have done right here and continue to be more direct when portraying your opinion instead of beating around the bush.

Edited by Tick1

I would like to thank all those who have supported UCoN, and to those who are disappointed I apologise, it was never our intent to let anyone down. We entered this war to support our ally MW and I would do it again, and again and again and again. UCoN loves its allies. Anyone who doubts that does not no us.

We entered this war fully knowing what we were getting into. None of us regret it. We fought, out numbered and out gunned. We fought with and against some of the best people this game has to offer. We feel we earned our peace and at the end of the day, that is the opinion that matters.

We have no hard feelings towards either side of this war and are still Madly in love with MW.

o/O/UCoN\O\o

o/ MW \o

That's not at all what you said. Maybe you should restate your original opinion in a proper format using the English language. Or be more direct when portraying your opinion instead of beating around the bush.

Of my posts in this thread. 

Post 1. I commented about when people posted. That post expressly acknowledged that some members of (in)competence had posted nice things about UCoN. 

Post 2 and 3. Sidetracked into confusion and say nothing. 

Post 4. Directed at individual member

Post 5. Same post with sexier language. 

Post 6. Again expressly acknowledges the fact that (in)competence members have posted nice things about UCoN

Post 7. Inquires if people actually read my post. 

Post 8. Same thing. 

Post 9. This one.

Go on. Check. Find the difference. 

Or spin, spin, spin and dance away with the fairies and the rest of us will continue to live in the reality land where (in)competence is losing the war and has differences of opinion between its ranks, including members annoyed by the fact the first domino has fallen. 

Who exactly (of any real significance -- let's not just cite some random voice from the peanut gallery) is crying about this?  This sounds more like an attempt to create a storyline that doesn't really exist.

Anyhow, UCoN seem like good people, judging from the late-night drunk chat sessions I've had with a couple of them in #cn-ucr.  One honest bit of advice to them: the hails and compliments from your former adversaries are never genuine.  I'm not saying they are lies; it's just that they are self-serving, just as is any whining you might hear from the side you left on the field.  So the advice, I suppose, is to do your best to ignore the flattery and the criticisms, and focus on reconstruction.  If history is any indicator, you'll be swarmed with slick, smooth-talking diplomats who already have their sights set on locking you in as a soldier in their next conflict.  Set your BS detectors on "high."

-Craig

I wouldn't say all..most? Probly. But not all

Of my posts in this thread. 

Post 1. I commented about when people posted. That post expressly acknowledged that some members of (in)competence had posted nice things about UCoN. 

Post 2 and 3. Sidetracked into confusion and say nothing. 

Post 4. Directed at individual member

Post 5. Same post with sexier language. 

Post 6. Again expressly acknowledges the fact that (in)competence members have posted nice things about UCoN

Post 7. Inquires if people actually read my post. 

Post 8. Same thing. 

Post 9. This one.

Go on. Check. Find the difference. 

Or spin, spin, spin and dance away with the fairies and the rest of us will continue to live in the reality land where (in)competence is losing the war and has differences of opinion between its ranks, including members annoyed by the fact the first domino has fallen. 

Were you really expecting different results after nine posts? Clearly you are insane.

Edited by Tick1

I fought on this front... and it was a brutal one, it is nice to see the road to glory ever clearer for the coalition as a whole and not just DB4D and NEW.

o/ Lorlax

o/ Aryan

o/ NEW

o/ UCoN

Were you really expecting different results after nine posts? Clearly you are insane.

I was carrying on a conversation for most of them. 

Or is this a statement that facts matter not to (in)competence and we should not expect anychange in their spin machine no matter what facts are in existance?

I was carrying on a conversation for most of them. 

Or is this a statement that facts matter not to (in)competence and we should not expect anychange in their spin machine no matter what facts are in existance?

For something to be a conversation you generally move along in the timeline thus progressing to an end which is at a different location than where you began. Would you really call cycling back to your original comment a conversation? Also no, me, myself and I believe that you should not expect anything to change with regard to anyone's opinions in this format. Since you can't derive facts from your own interpretation of events that have occurred when you were not their original source. You can only speculate on the event that has occurred seeing as you cannot derive his meaning unless he tells you his meaning with which you'll have to either accept it as true or false.

For something to be a conversation you generally move along in the timeline thus progressing to an end which is at a different location than where you began. Would you really call cycling back to your original comment a conversation? Also no, me, myself and I believe that you should not expect anything to change with regard to anyone's opinions in this format. Since you can't derive facts from your own interpretation of events that have occurred when you were not their original source. You can only speculate on the event that has occurred seeing as you cannot derive his meaning unless he tells you his meaning with which you'll have to either accept it as true or false.

Given I got told of for my English in this thread, I would expect the trolls to come for you shortly. 

And the facts are that certian things were posted. Spin spin and dance all you like. That doesn't change. 

Are you really so desperate for appearances that you can't even acknowledge that people did exactly as I said they did? Is it so impossible to even acknowledge the possibility that (in)competence is not perfect? Does the desire to spin and spin and dance and play with the faries really take you that far away from reality?

Given I got told of for my English in this thread, I would expect the trolls to come for you shortly. 

And the facts are that certian things were posted. Spin spin and dance all you like. That doesn't change. 

Are you really so desperate for appearances that you can't even acknowledge that people did exactly as I said they did? Is it so impossible to even acknowledge the possibility that (in)competence is not perfect? Does the desire to spin and spin and dance and play with the faries really take you that far away from reality?

You keep saying I'm spinning when I'm not even trying to portray an image.

Don't compare UCoN with GATO, UCoN doesn't deserve this comparison, they fought much harder and much longer than GATO. 

Now that is not fair to GATO it is very hard on all of those nations in Peace Mode, it takes a toll on them after  couple months of that. It's not like they are as brave and powerful like those in UCoN who put their nations in position where there was no chance to win. GATO opted to take the hard road to Hippieville so you guys stop being overly critical of them.

UCoN put up a good fight and earned their easy out.

You are trying to portray that I said things I didn't because me saying that fits the imaginary world you wish to construct.

I am not portraying anything of the such, I am past my original statement. I am now disputing your use of 'facts' which you are basing your opinions off of.

Congratz to UCoN on peace. Best of luck with rebuilding.

Seems to be a reoccurring trend with the quality posters IRON is producing these days.

Can't say they are anywhere close to the quality of posters we have seen from the DH coalition. ;)

I understand the need to refute anything that your opposition says but cmon.. you are better than this.