• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Scorponok' timestamp='1335233889' post='2958205']
Not too long before that MDoAP then :3
[/quote]

That'll be the day indeed.

[IMG]http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u367/Lanore2012/Reaction/omg.png[/IMG]

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335231771' post='2958177']
I thought you were cleaver than that, but if you can't see the fact that your support to TOP/IRON aggression and the fact that NPO was attacked for FARK/FAN who could otherwise attacked another alliance of their side and did that while at the same time removing support for NpO side isn't enough for being a meatshield it isn't my fault.
[/quote]
The NPO supported our war as any good and decent alliance should. Now, let me see if I'm following you correctly. What your trying to say here is that when Pacifica issued a statement of support for us that they, alongside TLR, fully knew that it would trigger FARK/FAN to go full retard and attack NPO rather than the people that attacked their allies. This of course would allow TLR to beat the hell out of FARK which is something they wanted to do. Is this the case? Are you saying NPO purposely made a SoS on the belief it'd bait FARK so TLR could hit them?

If this is the case someone should give the good folks in TLR and NPO a medal. Well played, gentlemen.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335228302' post='2958096']
NATO, TPF, and Olympus are still there right? I'll even throw TIO in, because they technically are post-Karma.
[/quote]
Olympus was post Karma, we were the first alliance who hadn't been allied with NPO prior to Karma to sign with them.
Though it was directly after they left terms.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1335234292' post='2958215']
The NPO supported our war as any good and decent alliance should. Now, let me see if I'm following you correctly. What your trying to say here is that when Pacifica issued a statement of support for us that they, alongside TLR, fully knew that it would trigger FARK/FAN to go full retard and attack NPO rather than the people that attacked their allies. This of course would allow TLR to beat the hell out of FARK which is something they wanted to do. Is this the case? Are you saying NPO purposely made a SoS on the belief it'd bait FARK so TLR could hit them?

If this is the case someone should give the good folks in TLR and NPO a medal. Well played, gentlemen.
[/quote]

No I'm saying that NPO ToS removed support to NpO side and helped CnG to achieve their goals, doesn't matter NPO intentions, what matter is the result and the result is that NPO worked pefectly as meatshield for CnG. But if you believe they supported your war because they are good and decent( :lol1: ) who am I to destroy your dreams.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335232693' post='2958191']
I see you became a man of just one excuse "You don't know the facts!", that's sad, I expected more from you.
[/quote]

Nah, just keeping it simple so you can try to keep up with the world.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335234597' post='2958220']
No I'm saying that NPO ToS removed support to NpO side and helped CnG to achieve their goals, doesn't matter NPO intentions, what matter is the result and the result is that NPO worked pefectly as meatshield for CnG.
[/quote]
Technically, if the intention of the ToS was the remove support from the NpO then it helped TOP/IRON (since we avoided the big stat monster known as FARK) achieve its goals not CnG.

I'm often baffled by the sheer number of people on these boards who throw around the term meatshield and puppet. I guess it is to difficult for people to understand that two parties can mutually come together to work on a project/war/what have you that is beneficial to both parties. This is how the vast majority of the politics in this world occurs.

Edited by Feanor Noldorin

It's hard for me to wrap my head around this treaty given GATO's performance in the most recent few wars and given NPO's reason for cancelling on Legion. But whatever, good luck in C&G. /backseat_emperor

[quote name='The Pansy' timestamp='1335234295' post='2958216']
Olympus was post Karma, we were the first alliance who hadn't been allied with NPO prior to Karma to sign with them.
Though it was directly after they left terms.
[/quote]
Red Dawn, baby. August 09.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335226978' post='2958064']
I would challenge the NPO isn't spread out there at all. We are focused and our allies share our philosophical views and future. Add to that honest communication... No sir, we are a direct and solid straight line.
[/quote]

Well, keep on doing what you are doing since, judging from the reactions from multiple corners of the web, [i]many[/i] seem to be counting on the NPO to show them a new way. That is a great political accomplishment alone.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335228355' post='2958097']
That's a good trap question :) As it has been in the most recent conflicts our allies roll together. If there is something brewing that puts our allies against each other, we will as always work and communicate with them to find solutions. Again as evidenced by the last global conflict.
[/quote]

That [i][b]was[/b][/i] a good trap question.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335228496' post='2958098']
Spoken like a true politician. :P

Anyway, again congrats on your treaty.
[/quote]

To be fair, not knowing what circumstances might fall into place before things are where they should be in the eyes of GATO and/or the NPO, this question is unanswerable.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1335228839' post='2958106']
Congratulations on the treaty fellas. People can whine and moan all they want but I think NPO and CnG members (GATO in this instance) are making smart moves that are beneficial to both parties.
[/quote]

Only time will tell.

[quote name='BarbulaM1' timestamp='1335229649' post='2958128']
It's a trap!

But carry on...
Congratulations guys, hope a closer friendship works out better this time around.
o/ GATO
o/ NPO
[/quote]

On Planet Bob, nearly every treaty is a trap! :v:

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1335232755' post='2958192']
If only there were a more direct, efficient way of becoming aligned with a group of alliances all at once.
[/quote]

Yes, but incrementalist approaches inspire more hope and fear.

[quote name='Sarmatian Empire' timestamp='1335233686' post='2958201']
Pre-Karma NPO is rolling over in their grave
[/quote]

Somehow, I really doubt this.

Now, congrats on the treaty, nearly "everyone" is counting on you. :)

Also, brb, going to go put on my fire suit.

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' timestamp='1335235850' post='2958236']
I'm often baffled by the sheer number of people on these boards who throw around the term meatshield and puppet. I guess it is to difficult for people to understand that two parties can mutually come together to work on a project/war/what have you that is beneficial to both parties. This is how the vast majority of the politics in this world occurs.
[/quote]
Yep, it's pretty common for people, at least people in the less intelligent spheres, to say things like that. It always baffles me how often people say things like "GOONS is the puppet of MK" or "GOONS is the puppet of Umbrella", or even one time I think somebody threw out "Europa is the puppet of GOONS", unironically. What these people fail to grasp is the synergy of culture that we enjoy with our allies.

[quote name='Yankees Empire' timestamp='1335238806' post='2958275']
You're both awful. No one likes you. Roll GATO and NPO.
[/quote]
At least neither of us are allied to those crap heaps called TLR or ODN.

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1335238441' post='2958273']
Yep, it's pretty common for people, at least people in the less intelligent spheres, to say things like that. It always baffles me how often people say things like "GOONS is the puppet of MK" or "GOONS is the puppet of Umbrella", or even one time I think somebody threw out "Europa is the puppet of GOONS", unironically. What these people fail to grasp is the synergy of culture that we enjoy with our allies.
[/quote]

At risk of having to actually agree with you, I have to actually agree with you (ew, gross, I know). "So and so are puppets of so and so" are generally hypocritical statements to make. Sure, good spin involves tuning out the cognitive dissonance, but anyone who's ever been in a bloc knows that, even in well functioning ones, sometimes it's just like herding cats. Much less, just bending other alliances to your will. Even the smallest partner usually is too proud to take direct orders. !@#$, if people could trick or force other alliances to do things for them, why not just get them to merge.

Casting aspersions against one's autonomy may get some newbs all hot and bothered, but most veterans know what's what.

Anyway, except perhaps in protectorate agreements, I've always found that argument to be stupid. Alliances are where they are at because they feel it provides them the best advantage.

/shrug

Besides, there's much better ways to play the divide-and-conquer game.

/derail

Edited by Kzoppistan

I feel the need to address all the dumb claims being thrown around in this thread, but none of them are interesting and are pretty typical. So I'll be content with raising a toast to this new treaty.

@Kzoppistan: Sardonic is one smart cookie. One might even call his comments here regarding this treaty those of an obtuse sycophant. Wink, wink to you Sardie. I also remember that the Brehon-led NPO does not [i]necessarily[/i] have a problem with the GOONS, which is saying a LOT. I mean, the GOONS do have quite a good activity pulse, right? Ah, now that may require a blog post. Don't worry, not today. :D

Fun treaty announcement, this.

edit, grammar failures

Edited by Phineas

[quote name='Sardonic' timestamp='1335238441' post='2958273']
[/quote]
What term would you propose for an alliance that does nothing of its own accord beyond collect stats and sign treaties with no strategic goal in mind? If you're that passive, then your alliance will naturally only end up doing something as a mandated [i]re[/i]action to whatever your allies are involved in. I doubt any AA actually receives direct orders from their allies, but if it looks like a puppet, and walks like a puppet...

(I'm not saying this applies to those AA's you mentioned, just speaking generally)

Edit: Maybe satellite would be a less loaded term. Got to remember to start using that one again.

Edited by Prodigal Moon