A Pacific Order and Global Alliance Announcement

Congrats on your treaty. I mean your paths keep crossing in several ways, not nessicarily good, but congrats none the less.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335225658' post='2958030']
To read more into it as this point is rude to both parties.
[/quote]

This is actually what this place is established for. I don't think we should be discourage logical discussion. There's already too little of that now anyway.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335226079' post='2958044']
Congrats on your treaty. I mean your paths keep crossing in several ways, not nessicarily good, but congrats none the less.

This is actually what this place is established for. I don't think we should be discourage logical discussion. There's already too little of that now anyway.
[/quote]

Well, people don't like it Omni. The motto is "nail that sticks out gets the hammer." I'm not going to really say more than I already ever have.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335226079' post='2958044']

[/quote]

Except it's the same discussion, a million times, every day, forever. Want to imagine the future of the game? It's this argument, stamping on my otherwise productive time, forever.

And this treaty deserves more than that, as you should know.

Edited by Laslo Kenez

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335224786' post='2958005']
How exactly, Letum? You are perceived as a tool.
[/quote]
the irony in this best not be lost on anyone

also, its been too long since someone has said NPO sucks and should be rolled. whos with me?!

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='MitchellBade' timestamp='1335226350' post='2958049']
I believe Fark and FAN, and to a greater extent Dos Equis, can attest to this actually.
[/quote]

I'm kind of curious here. How exactly? I don't see any of the alternatives they had being any better. It'd have been even worse for them if they had attacked TOP or IRON, tbqh.

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1335226424' post='2958051']
the irony in this best not be lost on anyone
[/quote]

I already distinguished the two meanings. One refers to an instrumental kind of a tool, the other is just an insult. I know I'm disliked, so I'm not really sure how it affects me for you to point it out. If I cared about being disliked, I would have never rerolled.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335226179' post='2958046']
Well, people don't like it Omni. The motto is "nail that sticks out gets the hammer." I'm not going to really say more than I already ever have.
[/quote]

The funny thing is this relationship goes back longer than 98% of the alliances on Bob have existed. You can try to quantify it in the modern political arena if yoh like...I guess it creates its intrigue for future war prospects. This treaty and relationship is about so much more...as would be obvious from the two longest standing alliances in the game.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1335226251' post='2958048']
Except it's the same discussion, a million times, every day, forever. Want to imagine the future of the game It's this argument, stamping on my otherwise productive time, forever.

And this treaty deserves more than that, as you should know.
[/quote]

Yes, it is largely the same argument over and over. If you don't want to listen to it though, stop responding.

But for the sake of a good conversation, let's start a political discussion. The treaty in the current political climate makes sense overall. I'm curious in seeing how NPO and CnG overall fall in the next war. Luckily for you guys you'll probably have a year or so to work all that stuff out, but you do realize that your FA is fairly spread out right?

[quote name='Blaskowicz' timestamp='1335226782' post='2958058']
I could've sworn you guys were already treatied.

'grats, and good luck to both of you :)
[/quote]

We were/are. This is a bit of an upgrade and a furthering/clarifying of that treaty and relationship.

I would challenge the NPO isn't spread out there at all. We are focused and our allies share our philosophical views and future. Add to that honest communication... No sir, we are a direct and solid straight line.

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1335224481' post='2957994']
I thought you guys already had an ODoAP... I guess I'm wrong though. Congrats.
[/quote]

Ditto

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335224564' post='2957997']
They did. It was just worded differently. I'm not sure why everyone is welcoming this push for NPO to join the Co-Prosperity though.
[/quote]

Who's everyone? You mean their allies? Isn't that... a little expected? Besides, tracking NPO's FA is easy, if they're not the center of attention, they'll close the distance to who ever is. A purely political animal is pretty simple to predict, so I'm not sure why you're upset with this.

Anyway, NPO/GATO, 'grats on your (re)treaty.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335226832' post='2958059']
Yes, it is largely the same argument over and over. If you don't want to listen to it though, stop responding.

But for the sake of a good conversation, let's start a political discussion. The treaty in the current political climate makes sense overall. I'm curious in seeing how NPO and CnG overall fall in the next war. Luckily for you guys you'll probably have a year or so to work all that stuff out, but you do realize that your FA is fairly spread out right?
[/quote]

GATOs FA is not all that spread out. We have what 2-3MDP+ outside CnG? CnG as a whole? Yeah a little I guess but it works out.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335227092' post='2958066']
On an off note, how long has it been since NPO and GATO have actually held a defense level treaty? 06/Pre-GW I? The Unity Covenant is all I can think of.
[/quote]

Yes, they did have one initially, that's how they attacked NAAC with them and Legion. It wasn't an Mutual level treaty by GWI and they hated GATO because Chris Kaos said MDP > NAP and used it to attack them.

Kzoppistan: I saw a universal amount of applause outside Mastabadey. That's all.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335226978' post='2958064']
I would challenge the NPO isn't spread out there at all. We are focused and our allies share our philosophical views and future. Add to that honest communication... No sir, we are a direct and solid straight line.
[/quote]

No you aren't as spread out as CnG in general. However, you do have links to people who don't exactly share common goals.

Non chaining exist for a reason, as much as I don't like them. Frankly the massive treaty web equates to everyone being attached in some way or another. Hell haven't we learned this in the past couple globals?

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335227408' post='2958076']
Non chaining exist for a reason, as much as I don't like them. Frankly the massive treaty web equates to everyone being attached in some way or another. Hell haven't we learned this in the past couple globals?
[/quote]

That's true. The issue I have with people talking about non-chaining is generally you're expected to honor anyway.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1335227162' post='2958068']
CnG as a whole? Yeah a little I guess but it works out.
[/quote]

I guess it does work out well for the allies who find themselves on the same side as CnG.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335227195' post='2958070']
Yes, they did have one initially, that's how they attacked NAAC with them and Legion.
[/quote]

Just an interesting footnote that there has never been a defense level treaty between these two alliances since pre-GW I. Am I the only one who finds that interesting?

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335226517' post='2958052']
I'm kind of curious here. How exactly? I don't see any of the alternatives they had being any better. It'd have been even worse for them if they had attacked TOP or IRON, tbqh.[/quote]

Definition of tool - A device or implement, esp. one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function. NPO served to align particular alliances onto a certain side of the conflict and then bore the blunt of the fighting, serving a particular function.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335226978' post='2958064']
[/quote]

Yeah except a couple of your MDoAP partners hold ill-will towards one another. Hardly a shared philosopohcial view if you ask me.