A Pacific Order and Global Alliance Announcement

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1335243163' post='2958303']
Can't decide which of these alliances had the biggest meltdown to make this seem like a good idea. You idiots deserve each other, so congratulations.
[/quote]

What do you believe to be so bad about this treaty?

I feel as though a battered soldier from the frontlines who has just recoperated form injuries suffered in the past and them enrotue back to psot seems their assaliant and is told .. don't shoot!
Old wounds heal in time, it is true. One must remember that repeatedly rehashed wounds take MUCH time to heal.
Old warriors told to stand down by politicians.. The dynamic is very foreign...
Now GATO enters into a period where we must go forth with the NPO not in our ugnsights.. but alongside. I must sya that the prospect unsettles me-given our history.
I do have to say that I have had the pleasure of knowing Brehon before he was emperor and I must grant him this- he IS very open and very honest. This makes me hopeful that perhaps one day in the future the decision to suddenly not engage the enemy and yes even no longer refer to them as enemies may be foudn to be a good decision as we look back in history.
It may be a very long time before the NPO proves themselves true allies and it may never happen.. but I feel that with a man such as Brehon at the helm.. the possibility of its occurance is more so than not. I remain watchful and steadfast as we move into this unknown future.

I know that many ofyou will not know who I am.. or seek to discredit my post for whatever reason you may conjure up at the time.. and i will not waste my breath attempting to stop this. I posted this because I felt it needed to eb said, and for no other reason. As such.. objective achieved.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335243475' post='2958307']
What do you believe to be so bad about this treaty?
[/quote]

He just doesn't like the alliances involved.

[quote name='Prodigal Moon' timestamp='1335242753' post='2958298']
What term would you propose for an alliance that does nothing of its own accord beyond collect stats and sign treaties with no strategic goal in mind? If you're that passive, then your alliance will naturally only end up doing something as a mandated [i]re[/i]action to whatever your allies are involved in. I doubt any AA actually receives direct orders from their allies, but if it looks like a puppet, and walks like a puppet...

(I'm not saying this applies to those AA's you mentioned, just speaking generally)

Edit: Maybe satellite would be a less loaded term. Got to remember to start using that one again.
[/quote]

This is a correct summary of a particular alliance. When politics is not in command and "communal bond" supercedes it, that is how.

Edited by Roquentin

This treaty sucks. Why anyone would sign with a Pansy puppet is beyond me. Also Lanore, you are responsible for another Roq thread. Please promptly report to my office for a savage beating.

[quote name='Kowalski' timestamp='1335243163' post='2958303']
Can't decide which of these alliances had the biggest meltdown to make this seem like a good idea. You idiots deserve each other, so congratulations.
[/quote]
While they may deserve each other, but very few alliances deserve the misfortune of being allied to your alliance.

[quote name='Stefano Palmieri' timestamp='1335258161' post='2958429']
This treaty sucks. Why anyone would sign with a Pansy puppet is beyond me. Also Lanore, you are responsible for another Roq thread. Please promptly report to my office for a savage beating.

While they may deserve each other, but very few alliances deserve the misfortune of being allied to your alliance.
[/quote]

This is a Roq thread? I kind of avoided getting into the usual argument with GATO, so idk.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335231771' post='2958177']
You say that my opinion is of zero value for you while at the same time you try to change it, interesting. :smug:

I thought you were cleaver than that, but if you can't see the fact that your support to TOP/IRON aggression and the fact that NPO was attacked for FARK/FAN who could otherwise attacked another alliance of their side and did that while at the same time removing support for NpO side isn't enough for being a meatshield it isn't my fault.
[/quote]

As a member of Polar at the time, you should be fully aware of why Fark/FAN did what we did.

Edit: Also: congrats to GATO and NPO for their strengthening of their ties.

Edited by Mr Vicarious

[quote name='Mr Vicarious' timestamp='1335276049' post='2958470']
As a member of Polar at the time, you should be fully aware of why Fark/FAN did what we did.
[/quote]

Yes I'm and I agreed that was the [s]best[/s] less worse move that could had be done, but I doubt that FAN/FARK could have attacked NPO without the DoS. I'm not here discussing the plan, I'm just pointing the obvius: NPO absorved great part of the damage who could otherwise have been suffered for more key alliances in the other side: a meatshield job.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335287539' post='2958526']
Yes I'm and I agreed that was the [s]best[/s] less worse move that could had be done, but I doubt that FAN/FARK could have attacked NPO without the DoS. I'm not here discussing the plan, I'm just pointing the obvius: NPO absorved great part of the damage who could otherwise have been suffered for more key alliances in the other side: a meatshield job.
[/quote]

NPO is no more of a meat shield to C&G, TOP, MK, DH (insert your preference) than STA was with NpO but I see where you coming from.

If all Pacifican wars from this point on get us the same result as the last one feel free to call us meat shields to your heart’s content.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1335287539' post='2958526']
[/quote]

In all fairness, it wasn't as if they were selected for a "meatshield job" by anyone on our side, and indeed I think Fark will attest to the fact that the response to that was serious and prelonged. It's hard to label someone a meatshield if people deliberately lay into them over others.

Edited by Laslo Kenez