A Pacific Order and Global Alliance Announcement

On coalition scale, it's not a bad idea to allready think about the next war. Once it's clear you're about to lose a battle you withdraw to fight another day.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Enzos' timestamp='1335313833' post='2958740']
On coalition scale, it's not a bad idea to allready think about the next war. Once it's clear you're about to lose a battle you withdraw to fight another day.
[/quote]

Yeah, but at the same time, damage limitation wasn't done by Fark or MHA really. A PM wave tactic might have worked better, but it'd still require people to be active and determined.

Also putting as much effort as possible into NG and TLR would have been a good thing in terms of setting the next war up, as they remain hostile. So if TLR lost half its NS, C&G would have been weakened.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1335313765' post='2958737']
It is funny when you think about it...defend years long close pals or people we dont like...oh I know set it up so only a few alliances beat up our budfies and defend the people we dont like so we can make it look like we're still on the team. Talk about strength in principles and honor...what a joke.
[/quote]

Ok this has went way too far. I can't support a position Magic does. Someone do something about this.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335309196' post='2958670']
Well Thrash ole boy, you have me on that one, at least up until it was posted, [b]then those that didn't know were told of it[/b] :)

A pox upon me my friend! :) o/
[/quote]
And by told, you mean telling them that "Life's a !@#$%*" correct? :)

Edit: Oh sorry forgot the :)

Edited by President Gunn

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335291947' post='2958542']
The only question I have is, if the DoS was to prevent TPF from joining on the Polar side, why did pezstar keep saying she never expected TPF to defend STA to begin with?
[/quote]
TPF and the STA made it clear to one another before the treaty was signed that neither was particularily thrilled about each others closest allies. STA-NpO, TPF-NPO that most likely non chaining clauses would be used if either of the orders was attacked. The STA and TPF did see similar qualities in one another and we both had a desire to let go of the past and move forward, eventually our friendship grew to the point where a treaty was desireable.
Anyway, thats why Pez said what she said.

Edited by conistonslim

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1335284861' post='2958510']
[quote name='Solaris' timestamp='1335284539' post='2958504']
With GATO, everything is optional.
[/quote]2010 called, they want their jokes back.
[/quote]
And 2009, and 2008, and 2011.

We're gonna need a bigger phone.

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1335226713' post='2958056']
The funny thing is this relationship goes back longer than 98% of the alliances on Bob have existed. You can try to quantify it in the modern political arena if yoh like...I guess it creates its intrigue for future war prospects. This treaty and relationship is about so much more...as would be obvious from the two longest standing alliances in the game.
[/quote]

Longest-standing alliances, except: the people aren't the same, the circumstances aren't the same, and most importantly the spirit of the two alliances involved are not the same. This whole "our treaty is above the political ruck of the world" ploy is decrepit from the get-go.

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' timestamp='1335327414' post='2958864']
Longest-standing alliances, except: the people aren't the same, the circumstances aren't the same, and most importantly the spirit of the two alliances involved are not the same. This whole "our treaty is above the political ruck of the world" ploy is decrepit from the get-go.
[/quote]

You should tell that to the pages of bickering slowly turning into better times :) Plus, we still have Chris who set up a lot of the original feud on our end.

[quote name='Omniscient1' timestamp='1335302636' post='2958607']
It's very interesting seeing comments like these from VE members. You do remember this is the alliance you chose to defend over GOD, right?
[/quote]

The decision was never to help gato, it was to help our allies on a coalition wide war. Also, we did defend GOD and I still have yet to hear anyone from there complain about our actions that war.

Anyway, congrats on the treaty.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1335341878' post='2958927']
You should tell that to the pages of bickering slowly turning into better times :) Plus, we still have Chris who set up a lot of the original feud on our end.
[/quote]

In fact all GATO leaders to have ever declared war against NPO are still around :P

People often underestimate the power of the memories involved, or the significance of the cultural heritage of each alliance. New leaderships can help in getting over past conflicts - but they do not erase them from existence. And especially in the case of NPO and GATO, the alliances are filled with hardcore veterans who have never shied from expressing their often heated views to each other.

Edited by Letum

For anyone just now coming to the thread:

[img]http://www.secularnewsdaily.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/e8e6f829_circular_argumentmid.jpg[/img]

====================================================

On a more serious note:

[quote name='Uelen' timestamp='1335253111' post='2958414']
I feel as though a battered soldier from the frontlines who has just recoperated form injuries suffered in the past and them enrotue back to psot seems their assaliant and is told .. don't shoot!Old wounds heal in time, it is true. One must remember that repeatedly rehashed wounds take MUCH time to heal.Old warriors told to stand down by politicians.. The dynamic is very foreign...Now GATO enters into a period where we must go forth with the NPO not in our ugnsights.. but alongside. I must sya that the prospect unsettles me-given our history.I do have to say that I have had the pleasure of knowing Brehon before he was emperor and I must grant him this- he IS very open and very honest. This makes me hopeful that perhaps one day in the future the decision to suddenly not engage the enemy and yes even no longer refer to them as enemies may be foudn to be a good decision as we look back in history.It may be a very long time before the NPO proves themselves true allies and it may never happen.. but I feel that with a man such as Brehon at the helm.. the possibility of its occurance is more so than not. I remain watchful and steadfast as we move into this unknown future.I know that many ofyou will not know who I am.. or seek to discredit my post for whatever reason you may conjure up at the time.. and i will not waste my breath attempting to stop this. I posted this because I felt it needed to eb said, and for no other reason. As such.. objective achieved.
[/quote]

Very well said Gym. You and I have had many conversations and I hold high amount of respect for you. :)

As resident GATOld Fart, I support this.

o/ GATO
o/ NPO

Edited by Laserwolf

[quote name='WarriorConcept' timestamp='1335355048' post='2958953']
The decision was never to help gato, it was to help our allies on a coalition wide war. Also, we did defend GOD and I still have yet to hear anyone from there complain about our actions that war.
[/quote]

You must be blind then my friend. I will not doubt your courageousness on taking on a small purple alliance for your friends in GOD though. If GOD didn't have to guys to keep them off I'm not sure what they would have done.

[quote name='Brehon' timestamp='1335367346' post='2958985']
Silly Nascar, don't you have some whining to do to a Pacifican member about how poorly you have been treated? Go run along now :pats Nascar on the head:
[/quote]
Didn't know I did, but since we are on that subject. Silly Brehon, don't you have some back channels to go spread lies about Invicta and me through? Go run along now.

[quote name='President Gunn' timestamp='1335389074' post='2959182']
Didn't know I did, but since we are on that subject. Silly Brehon, don't you have some back channels to go spread lies about Invicta and me through? Go run along now.
[/quote]
Lets be honest, anything he says about you lot is usually true..