A Pacific Order and Global Alliance Announcement

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's official. NPO cannot be evil as no one evil would treaty with GATO :P

Other than that, congratulations. I do have one request though and I think I am not alone in it. Can someone from GATO please, pretty please with cherries on top, get shinra's reaction to this treaty?

:D

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335224564' post='2957997']
They did. It was just worded differently. I'm not sure why everyone is welcoming this push for NPO to join the Co-Prosperity though.
[/quote]

It was a PIAT with a strange clause that could be interpreted differently. This is more formal and makes more sense.

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1335224943' post='2958012']
Look in the mirror, jackamole.
[/quote]

I wasn't meaning it a derogatory sense. I was speaking in realpolitik terms. To the main actors in the set of alliance relations GATO participates in, the New Pacific Order is nothing but a meatshield/tool. You can think I'm a tool all you want, but it's not the same thing.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335225035' post='2958015']
I wasn't meaning it a derogatory sense. I was speaking in realpolitik terms. To the main actors in the set of alliance relations GATO participates in, the New Pacific Order is nothing but a meatshield/tool. You can think I'm a tool all you want, but it's not the same thing.
[/quote]

Please kindly refer to any one of the "nah, it's not true" replies you've received, in any one of the hundred threads this argument has been had in, thanks.

[quote name='Laslo Kenez' timestamp='1335225305' post='2958023']
Please kindly refer to any one of the "nah, it's not true" replies you've received, in any one of the hundred threads this argument has been had in, thanks.
[/quote]

Given all interactions with the people I'm actually referring to on the subject have indicated that NPO is just a "new ODN," or potentially useful as a tool/meatshield, I don't really know. Honestly, it should be difficult for any C&G alliance to make any headway fa-wise in my opinion due to the connections the bloc has if the other party is not willing to take them on board.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335225478' post='2958026']
Given all interactions with the people I'm actually referring to on the subject have indicated that NPO is just a "new ODN," or potentially useful as a tool/meatshield, I don't really know. Honestly, it should be difficult for any C&G alliance to make any headway fa-wise in my opinion due to the connections the bloc has if the other party is not willing to take them on board.
[/quote]

Go home. Nobody cares about your post count here.

Roq I am directly asking you not to turn this thread into another thread carried on as people debate things back and forth. For those wanting to know the "why" of this treaty, I am going to say it one time and one time only. Outside of this I don't want to see this turn into another back and forth of Roq vs everyone else. This is being said to Roq AND everyone else.

GATO and the NPO have a crazy and in many cases terrible history. While not every member in our alliances agree, as a majority we all feel we can acknowledge the past and deal with the present. We have enjoyed open communication not attached to CnG. As it happened with TLR it continues to happen with GATO and others where we make small steps as the relation grows or we do nothing if the relationship does not. GATO and NPO in this case have options to support when we feel the other party is right, and not when we feel the other party is wrong. This goes both ways. To not get involved or be used to pull one another into crap, we have it as non chaining. In the end we have given each other options, plain and simple.

To read more into it as this point is rude to both parties.

Edited by Brehon

[quote name='Manis B' timestamp='1335225588' post='2958028']
Go home. Nobody cares about your post count here.
[/quote]

I don't really know what that has to do with anything. In terms of post count, I'm nowhere near the top 40 even. "Just because it is true doesn't mean it's convenient." - GATO slogan

edit: Just saw what Brehon said. I'll let other people make the points since Mastabadey already did it and I'm sure others are capable of presenting their thoughts.

Edited by Roquentin

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335224786' post='2958005']
How exactly, Letum? You are perceived as a tool.
[/quote]

Oh, I know how this script goes. You have two sides getting over historic differences; if it's against your national interests, you decry it as some variation of "Stockholm Syndrome" or capitulation to a ruling elite, because quite "obviously" no sane person would ever stop hating former enemies. If it does serve your national interest, it is a praiseworthy example of what is "obviously" saner heads prevailing and superior moral qualities of not letting petty grudges rule your emotions.

But the Pacific is not really up to playing by these little political scripts. We have always been a bastion of Order that does not settle for second-best. Our world is dark and chaotic, and shaping a bright future requires bold action and vision. We want to provide that, and we are confident that our comrades in GATO and CnG will agree with our path and join our glorious future.

But then again, if you perceive the world exclusively through the lens of "how much do I hate MK", you get a very linear and monochromatic picture that is out of touch with the possibilities out there. Not that I blame you of course, it is a symptom of a world that has for several years only known this type of politics: two small power clusters playing a year-long treaty chess trying to outsmart and roll the other.

If anyone wants to use us as a mere tool, they are welcome to try. I'll be incredibly amused at the result.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335225478' post='2958026']
[/quote]

To be honest, I'm just incredibly bored of going over and over and over this kind of topic with you.

Considering that this is now the second big treaty with Pacifica from our bloc, and one of what is now a number in that general area, even in your bollocks world of how things work this has to represent something.

Meanwhile, considering everything we've been through to get this far, and the kind of history we have as alliances, it would infringe deeply upon our honour to let them down now.

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335225660' post='2958031']
I don't really know what that has to do with anything. In terms of post count, I'm nowhere near the top 40 even. "Just because it is true doesn't mean it's convenient." - GATO slogan

edit: Just saw what Brehon said. I'll let other people make the points since Mastabadey already did it and I'm sure others are capable of presenting their thoughts.
[/quote]

Yes. Just sit back and let others do the talking. We don't need your worthless and tired opinion on every time somebody posts. Truth AND convenience. - Manis

[quote name='Roquentin' timestamp='1335224786' post='2958005']
How exactly, Letum? You are perceived as a tool.
[/quote]
By you maybe. I've never been the biggest fan of the NPO (anybody could attest to that), but Letum is no tool (neither of the meanings fit him).

[quote name='Letum' timestamp='1335225793' post='2958034']

But then again, if you perceive the world exclusively through the lens of "how much do I hate MK", you get a very linear and monochromatic picture that is out of touch with the possibilities out there. Not that I blame you of course, it is a symptom of a world that has for several years only known this type of politics: two small power clusters playing a year-long treaty chess trying to outsmart and roll the other.

If anyone wants to use us as a mere tool, they are welcome to try. I'll be incredibly amused at the result.
[/quote]

MK is the main political actor and nothing to this day has shown any polarity that exists except against their grouping or not. You can't claim to be playing according to a different dynamic when it is the game in town. The game of chess has been on going and you are perceived to be within acquiring range for a particular group. Everyone knows what's been shaping up and to say otherwise is obtuse.

The whole "C&G is going to split off from MK" and be bff with NPO is lol

I'm only replying because of this response.

Edited by Roquentin

Hey everyone! This thread is not about MK, C&G, or how people feel about them. If you want to talk about the greater political scheme of this world outside of the impact of this treaty, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=71"]there's a place for that[/url].

Edited by Harry Dresden
Clarification