Peace Found

janax

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1326721570' post='2900867']
Well,....yes. That is what transpired. They managed to park 2/3 of their alliance in peace mode (saving a huge chunk of their NS, money, tech) and get away with it unlike many other alliances previously that tried that, and then get the most lenient peace imaginable for someone in their situation which only included limited acknowledgment of defeat in a face of a coalition of 13 alliances.

Listen, I am first to say I didn't had much respect for Sparta abilities, except for the one I saw as ability to flip flop to the winning side always, but this played out brilliantly for them and one must acknowledge that.

Actually, if I were a Spartan, Ill be pretty much !@#$@#$ smug right now. The only "loss" is a "wiki entry" for them. lol, that is sooo bad :rolleyes:
They did great with this peace. Actually, unlike many other "wiki victories" they have, I consider this defeat far more valuable.
Anyway, I said everything I felt in my first post here,...truly this is one ridiculous war,...and it keeps on giving.

Cant wait for the last acts of it. :lol1:
[/quote]

What on god's green Earth is this pile of drivel about? Sparta lost to Ponies.

Isn't this an insult to Sparta and the ancient Spartans?

You didn't even go to the cliff edge, you guys stayed in your city and hid behind big walls.
You probably dug a trench of death around the walls too, so no one could get near.

The opposing army must of been getting bored and needed to get back home and tend their crops.

[quote name='Dany2j' timestamp='1326716327' post='2900845']
Congrats to the victors!

And congrats to Sparta for going a whole war in PM. I would say you can come out now...but why change the habbit of a life time? <_<
[/quote]
to steal a quote from everyones favorite white knight, The role of Legion in this war will be played by Sparta

o/ Peace

Sparta wasn't as bad as I thought they would be, at least on an individual level. In round one, I grabbed 3 targets, no one countered. Then I just sat around waiting for a target to be available when some guy popped out of PM and DoW'd me. Unfortunately for him, he had no one to help him. Once that expired, I launched another 3, with no counters.

Out of the 7 nations I fought only 2 didn't fight back.

When I actually found someone to fight, they fought well and operated with class, especially DeathAdder. That guy was tough, even while anarchied. I probably bit off more than I could chew with him. ;) Good times all around.
Also, I really appreciate the acknowledgement a lot of you are giving our members for their effort. I feel we did our part, and did it well, even though we were 1 alliance out of 13 or so. Thank you. :)

o/ Sparta
o/ everyone else, especially Argent

Yay peace!

Now that the war is over, Sparta is welcome to have some of our actual baked goods; no more baked bads, we promise!

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-koJ2gPg6uas/TZ3eBPY872I/AAAAAAAAAOI/7vvl8DPoLJw/s1600/1xqddsx937brhckgogk.png[/img]

Edited by Magicman657

[quote name='Branimir' timestamp='1326721570' post='2900867']
Well,....yes. That is what transpired. They managed to park 2/3 of their alliance in peace mode (saving a huge chunk of their NS, money, tech) and get away with it unlike many other alliances previously that tried that, and then get the most lenient peace imaginable for someone in their situation which only included limited acknowledgment of defeat in a face of a coalition of 13 alliances.

Listen, I am first to say I didn't had much respect for Sparta abilities, except for the one I saw as ability to flip flop to the winning side always, but this played out brilliantly for them and one must acknowledge that.

Actually, if I were a Spartan, Ill be pretty much !@#$@#$ smug right now. The only "loss" is a "wiki entry" for them. lol, that is sooo bad :rolleyes:
They did great with this peace. Actually, unlike many other "wiki victories" they have, I consider this defeat far more valuable.
Anyway, I said everything I felt in my first post here,...truly this is one ridiculous war,...and it keeps on giving.

Cant wait for the last acts of it. :lol1:
[/quote]
They can just get theirs next time. :)

Big ups to my PF buddies, as always, as well as to BAPS, Oly and the rest... except Sparta.

[quote name='Diomede' timestamp='1326732922' post='2900936']
Hey... I fought him during Christmas. He did fight back, but it was a case where turtling was actually a good idea. He couldn't even win a GA after nuking me.
[/quote]
I fought him around christmas with you.. I was giving a compliment, "Hail to the one spartan who fought back" :s

Sparta came in to honor a treaty with someone who did a preemptive strike. They stuck around for a while and now have gone home. While I wished for more casualties in the end they did what they did for their reasons and we allowed them to accept our terms for our reasons. Sparta go heal up and maybe next time we'll get to fight each other a little harder.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' timestamp='1326806290' post='2901487']
Yeah, its disgusting that those ODN mongrels wouldnt fight on 2 sides of a war. That is all the rage these days.
[/quote]
With Athens actively involved in developing chains such that their allies got hit ~but not by them~, I wouldn't really expect anyone from TLR to understand.