Peace Found

janax

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the damned' timestamp='1326667623' post='2900333']
Such a killjoy Rush.

Easy now guys. It was a joke. I figured the :P would be enough to show that but I guess I was wrong.
[/quote]
The annoying thing is, Sparta could have actually caused some real, significant damage. Instead, Sparta hid in peace mode. I don't say that to troll, because factual information is not trolling. I say it because I am disappointed that an ally's ally missed out on an opportunity to fight well and earn our respect.

[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1326669247' post='2900365']
Congratulations on your peace, Sparta. You didn't deserve to be allowed to surrender on your own terms, you should be very grateful that the victorious alliances put up with that.
[/quote]
A surrender is a surrender, even if they don't necessary admit to it in this thread. I can live with that, as the distinction is purely for their vanity.

[quote name='crawlerbot' timestamp='1326669687' post='2900377']
My stamina was barely tapped. Gonna have some very blue nukes south of the border.
[/quote]
You are a small fish in a big pond. In time, you may join the ranks of the Peace Mode Warrior.

I don't understand the pride that doesn't allow folks to use the words "surrender" or "defeat".

Olympus has lost wars. We've lost wars before we ever declared them. I never had an issue with surrendering at the end of them because our purpose in entering the war to begin with was to support our allies--to sustain damage ourselves so they sustained less and to cause as much damage as we could in the process. Despite surrendering (despite losing even), we had a lot to hold our heads high for. And this is going to come as a shock for folks, but those losing wars were awesome for Olympus and I don't mean just on getting us to focus on growing stronger. Those losing wars brought our membership together in ways that a winning war never could. Losing a war--even losing it heartily--can be good for your alliance if you work to make it so.

Maybe the prideful stubbornness stems from the parties on the "not winning" side (since we're pretending the words losing or defeated don't exist) not having anything except that refusal to surrender to be proud of this war. It's a shame that it seems the opportunity to use this loss at war to actually win at what is important was not embraced.

Congratulations on victory to everyone fighting with us. It was a pleasure getting to work with new folks and working to accomplish common goals. Special thanks to PF. We love you guys. And congratulations on whatever good you're able to take out of this war, Sparta.