Announcement from the New Sith Order

Rayvon

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317763087' post='2816397']
If someone decided to come out and begin insulting NSO and posting information gathered from private NSO forums, your lot would be up in arms, don't try to deny it.
[/quote]

Not true at all, ask Legion Gov (I spoke with Killer very briefly) and Unknown Smurf. (granted, it wasn't forums but in-game)

Edited by Rayvon

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317786349' post='2816600']
Just like MCXA right? Take your own advise!
[/quote]

Its common knowledge MCXA did (one of) the best on their side of the web during the NPO-DH conflict.

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1317792187' post='2816799']
Not true at all, ask Legion Gov (I spoke with Killer very briefly) and Unknown Smurf. (granted, it wasn't forums but in-game)
[/quote]

To be fair some NSO members were upset about the ingame spying, though for the most part indifferent.

You guys did make me pay 3mill+50t in reps iirc :P

[size="1"]EDIT: Also for clarification Rayvon means the spying was in-game not the conversation[/size]

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317793249' post='2816823']
Its common knowledge MCXA did (one of) the best on their side of the web during the NPO-DH conflict.

[/quote]
MCXA lasted 8 days...

If that's the best you guys had to offerr...

To be fair some NSO members were upset about the ingame spying, though for the most part indifferent.

[b]You guys did make me pay 3mill+50t in reps iirc :P[/b]

[size="1"]EDIT: Also for clarification Rayvon means the spying was in-game not the conversation[/size]
[/quote]

And I thank you for it :P

You guys did make me pay 3mill+50t in reps iirc :P

[/quote]

I'm talking about the screen we discussed the other night, the screen I showed you on IRC which you showed to Legion gov and they booted you over. There was no reps.

[/quote]

'cept for SCY, who blitzed Hereno w/o switching his stuff, and got anarchied while he was posting the DoW. lol.

[quote name='janax' timestamp='1317793471' post='2816826']
MCXA lasted 8 days...

If that's the best you guys had to offerr...
[/quote]

I mean they did, I don't know what else to say about it.. they were being compared to the rest of their side though, so idk. I was in WTF at the time so yeah..

[quote name='Rayvon' timestamp='1317793758' post='2816831']
I'm talking about the screen we discussed the other night, the screen I showed you on IRC which you showed to Legion gov and they booted you over. There was no reps.
[/quote]

Ah well when that original spy report happened I was in ODN and my other spy attempt was successful but revealed and I paid reps. Doesn't really matter though.

Also, thats not the reason they booted me, I thought it was but there was another issue I wasn't made aware of until after my name was cleared (misunderstanding), and I'm [s]not[s] back in the legion.

EDIT: Take out the "not"

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317793982' post='2816841']

Also, thats not the reason they booted me, I thought it was but there was another issue I wasn't made aware of until after my name was cleared (misunderstanding), and I'm not back in the legion.
[/quote]
[quote=you]Alliance Affiliation: The Legion
[Alliance Statistics] [Alliance Rankings] [Alliance Map] [Search Wars] [Search Foreign Aid] [Search Exposed Spy Operations] [Search Nuclear Reports]
Alliance Seniority: 10/4/2011 12:50:55 PM (1 Days)
Alliance Rank: Ranked #5 of 240 alliance nations [/quote]

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317768443' post='2816451']
So everyone that read TWiP was committing an act of war? Really? That was spied info released to the public. I didn't say it becomes 'unspied' (what a dumb term), I said that it's not spying to view it or pass it along once it's out in the public. Or should Legion plan to attack everyone who read any thread containing a spy report or screenshot from Legion? They're going to be pretty busy, because everyone of them who read those threads is guilty of accepting spied information under your definition. And everyone who linked it to someone is guilty of disseminating it. And I didn't mean you specifically, I meant you as in Legion, which I assumed you were in since you're arguing so hard. Having fun defending Legion's actions when even they have given up?

And no, Legion doesn't [i]need[/i] to convince anyone that it's justified, they are a sovereign alliance. But going to war on such a ridiculous premise is probably not how I'd be wanting to make my break from the past. Tetris did nothing except hurt your feelings with public info, don't act like that's some kind of grievous offense that must be punished with war.[/quote]
No, everyone that read TWiP was not committing an act of war, that's just silly. On the other hand, those who worked on TWiP to produce the information in it, now they [i]were[/i]. Of course, Pacifica couldn't intervene because they knew they'd get their faces caved in because of all the public support for that group. Though I'm not really sure where I've hinted that people who have read Tetris' spy topics are committing an act of war, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

I agree, unspied is a !@#$ term, I just couldn't come up with anything better for what you were implying. But this is what I want to focus on: you say that it's not spying to pass information along once it's out in the public, right? Fair enough, hell, I agree with you. But what I'm saying is, the information itself wasn't public at all. Yes, anyone can read it and pass it along, but that doesn't mean that the info should be read or passed along. I mean, are we forgetting these were screens from Legion's private forums here? It is a highly blatant breach of their sovereignty, and yes, I know we all think they're incompetent and crapola and blah blah blah but that is no excuse whatsoever, they are still an alliance and should be treated as such. Yes, I am having fun actually, though I'm not really defending them here, I'm attacking this spin job that you guys are trying to push through.

Tetris did not need to come out here with that info and poke Legion constantly. It was both unneccessary and unwarranted and now Tetris is burning for it. Do I think war could have been avoided with other means? Yes. Do I blame Legion for declaring? No.

However, I can see that this is beginning to devolve into semantics ("it's public!" "no it's not public!" "yes it is!" "no it isn't!" "no you!" "no, YOU!") so I'll leave it at that and take my exit. It was truly a pleasure arguing with you gentlemen, I do respect NSO as you are very honourable and don't give a crap about infra, so kudos to you guys.

Have fun with the war!

[quote name='TheSyl' timestamp='1317778281' post='2816532']
Good luck getting your asses handed to you while "trying" to defend an alliance who got what they had coming to them.
[/quote]
To be fair, the MDP would bring them in whether they wanted to or not. And they're not trying, they're doing.

Edited by Vulpes Inculta

[quote name='Jgoods45' timestamp='1317786349' post='2816600']
Just like MCXA right? Take your own advise!
[/quote]

I am pretty familiar with GDA's fighting ability, so that was a pretty dumb comment to make on your part jgoods.

[quote name='KainIIIC' timestamp='1317793882' post='2816838']
'cept for SCY, who blitzed Hereno w/o switching his stuff, and got anarchied while he was posting the DoW. lol.
[/quote]

Yeah that was pretty embarrassing. I forgot to get barracks and guerrilla camps before attacking. Any how it was the equivalent of a typo during war, not a big deal.

Edited by supercoolyellow

[quote name='potato' timestamp='1317818781' post='2817032']
Just because YOU think it was good doesn't make it so.
[/quote]

Right. So I was in a position to actually see a lot of how they did, but some one guessing on the OWF would know more than me. :rolleyes:

What's with the ~#$@ posting today?

[quote name='Vulpes Inculta' timestamp='1317814127' post='2817008']
No, everyone that read TWiP was not committing an act of war, that's just silly. On the other hand, those who worked on TWiP to produce the information in it, now they [i]were[/i]. Of course, Pacifica couldn't intervene because they knew they'd get their faces caved in because of all the public support for that group.
[/quote]

We had everyone in Vox on our Zi lists. Not sure how else we were supposed to intervene if we considered it an act of war?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1317819822' post='2817038']
Right. So I was in a position to actually see a lot of how they did, but some one guessing on the OWF would know more than me. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Surely, that pesky little MDoAP couldn't be getting in the way of your objectivity!

With that said, numerous people have said that GDA wasn't that good. Terrible, maybe not. At least not by Legion's standards. But that isn't saying much and the fact remains, GDA wasn't as good as you make it sound. Maybe you found that performance good and that's all fine and dandy. But, from what I have seen and been told (by people who actually fought them!), I'd call it "meh".

[quote]What's with the ~#$@ posting today?
[/quote]

You're pretty on par with your usual posting.

Edited by potato

[quote name='silentkiller' timestamp='1317819856' post='2817040']
We had everyone in Vox on our Zi lists. Not sure how else we were supposed to intervene if we considered it an act of war?
[/quote]

Silentkiller I don't even know why you bother to respond to such an incoherent mess.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' timestamp='1317818383' post='2817030']
I am pretty familiar with GDA's fighting ability, so that was a pretty dumb comment to make on your part jgoods.
[/quote]

SCY, JGoods is our village idiot. We'd appreciate it if you'd leave attacks on his character, intelligence, demeanor, race, nationality, employment status, et cetera to his Alliance mates.

TIAWL,

Avery