Announcement from the New Sith Order

Rayvon

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317751406' post='2816257']
1000/50=20 slots. That's only a little over a month of sending tech. I have a sizeable warchest, so even after a few rounds against Legion et all I'll have plenty if I lose the bet (I won't).

Take the bet please.
[/quote]

I offered a 100 tech bet which WorldConqueror has taken. If you want to as well you can, I'm not betting 1000tech with you. You either want the bet or you don't.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317751021' post='2816249']
I'll bet you 1k tech Legion call in an ally before we do. 2 to 1 odds aren't their flavor- they need 3 to 1 to feel safe.
[/quote][quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317751406' post='2816257']
1000/50=20 slots. That's only a little over a month of sending tech. I have a sizeable warchest, so even after a few rounds against Legion et all I'll have plenty if I lose the bet (I won't).

Take the bet please.
[/quote]
It's a stupid and loaded "bet." For one, if the point is that calling in allies is a sign of weakness, well it's Tetris, your ally, who's called in allies first. Secondly, Legion has been aggressively attacked by Tetris who is joined in mutual aggression by NSO, it is only natural that Legion's defensive treaties be activated, that's how treaties work.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317751406' post='2816257']

Take the bet please.
[/quote]

You do realize you either have to lose the bet or the war now, right?

[quote name='Stormsend' timestamp='1317740734' post='2816102']
Also, I'd call into question the validity of that argument based on the fact that a good blitz has the potential to incapacitate an enemy enough to make taking on another more absorb-able.
[/quote]

Yeah sure, but this is both Legion and NSO we're talking about here. And truth to be told when comparing Legion's avg stats to NSO's we see Legion comes out on top clearly. Considering this show of military preparation incompetence by NSO when put next to Legion, I think we've been farther away from being able to call this a circus.

[img]http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/6712/nsolegion.png[/img]

Now which one sucks the most in the battlefield.. I guess we'll find out.

[quote name='Schattenmann' timestamp='1317751619' post='2816260']
It's a stupid and loaded "bet." For one, if the point is that calling in allies is a sign of weakness, well it's Tetris, your ally, who's called in allies first. Secondly, Legion has been aggressively attacked by Tetris who is joined in mutual aggression by NSO, it is only natural that Legion's defensive treaties be activated, that's how treaties work.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh, give it a rest. Legion did pick the war. I won't say Tetris is a little angel, but the information Hereno posted had been making rounds for weeks. It is unlikely he or Tetris had a spy planted in Legion. They were just poking Legion for giggles. I'll comment Legion for standing up either way. It took some fortitude I did not know they had, but still Legion chose the war.

Also, I find the whole "mutual aggression" nonsense after the first strike ridiculous. I have always found it ridiculous. NSO never claimed to be on the "defensive" when fighting GOONS. We choose to enter the fight for an ally. Just as here we are not on the "offensive" because some of you consider Tetris to have "attacked" Legion. Quite with the semantics. I've no time for such rubbish.[/color]

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317751540' post='2816259']
I offered a 100 tech bet which WorldConqueror has taken. If you want to as well you can, I'm not betting 1000tech with you. You either want the bet or you don't.
[/quote]
100 tech will do I suppose.

[/quote]
Instead of debating the idiotic semantics of "who is the aggressor" and "NSO there is no oA clause in your Tetris treaty!" etc, I'm just going to say yes, it is a stupid and loaded bet for someone to make when they're completely out of the know versus someone in the (cliche) back channels.

[/quote]

It's all based on goading. There are those that want this to escalate, they're pointing at stats now less than 24 hours into a war to show that Legion need help, that they're failing. It seems to me that it is not in Legion's interests or their allies for this to escalate. The number of declared wars, anarchies etc. mean nothing, just from simple maths it's clear that Legion can fight this war for a very long time with things exactly as they are even if (and some will say it's not an if) Legion make a complete pigs ear of fighting. They have no need for allies, they could go away for a week and barely notice what's going on.

As such I'm prepared to bet 200 tech (100 with WC and 100 with Varianz) that NSO get someone else in before Legion do. I believe my analysis is sound, I'm not 1000 tech confident of it though.

[/quote]
Aggression and defense are terms that have always been twisted to suit people's agendas at the time, you know this as well as anyone Schatt. Legion will claim Tetris started the war when they published the screenshots, our side will claim that Legion started it when they declared war. In the end, there is no objective truth, only the subjective truth that our respective allies will act upon when they decide to enter the war or not.

[quote name='Hereno' timestamp='1317751926' post='2816269']
Then y'all should have no problem taking him up on his offer.
[/quote]

Yes, two questions first though.

1) What if Tetris' ally comes in? How does the bet play out (my eyes on you VE)

2) I would like to bet that this won't escalate, anyone down for that?

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317752000' post='2816272']
Aggression and defense are terms that have always been twisted to suit people's agendas at the time, you know this as well as anyone Schatt. Legion will claim Tetris started the war when they published the screenshots, our side will claim that Legion started it when they declared war. In the end, there is no objective truth, only the subjective truth that our respective allies will act upon when they decide to enter the war or not.
[/quote]

The point doesn't matter though. Your allies will defend you via a defensive treaty even if you declared an "agressive" war according to the rest of Bob, unless they are [s]the legion[/s] ..GPA?

The perfect example being NSO entering the war despite no oA clause. In NSOs mind, they entered defensively, doesn't matter what anyone else says, there is no World Police.

Edited by Unknown Smurf

[quote name='Unknown Smurf' timestamp='1317752227' post='2816274']
Yes, two questions first though.

1) What if Tetris' ally comes in? How does the bet play out (my eyes on you VE)

2) I would like to bet that this won't escalate, anyone down for that?
[/quote]
No mention of Tetris's allies was made when the bet was offered, therefore what they do is irrelevant to the bet.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1317752317' post='2816277']
No mention of Tetris's allies was made when the bet was offered, therefore what they do is irrelevant to the bet.
[/quote]

I mean if anyone would like to bet me, I would settle those two points first. You have already won your 100 tech obviously.

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317752822' post='2816282']
And now we're debating the semantics of "aggressor and defender" in the context of a tech bet.

Jesus Cybernations, this is what we've come to.
[/quote]

It's fun though, no?

[quote name='Varianz' timestamp='1317752822' post='2816282']
And now we're debating the semantics of "aggressor and defender" in the context of a tech bet.

Jesus Cybernations, this is what we've come to.
[/quote]

You (NSO) are here, Tetris is here and we are here! At this point who cares why! Lets us all fight until we drop :nuke:

[quote name='Sabcat' timestamp='1317750804' post='2816246']
I bet 100 tech that NSO get an ally involved before Legion do.

Anyone want to take the bet?
[/quote]

I know I'm a bit late, but this sounds like safe money for me if you're still taking.

edit: nvm, Sabcat posted while I was typing.

Edited by Vladisvok Destino

Regardless of which side is winning and whether more Tetris allies will join in, NSO was going to honor their treaty here and we'll see how things go from there. NSO has fought in losing wars and held out for a long time in the past, so I'm sure they'll enjoy fighting Legion regardless of how it turns out and which side ends up at a disadvantage. Good luck to both sides in this and enjoy the war.